Pgi's Right Hand Doesn't Know What The Left Hand Is Doing...

4 replies to this topic

#1 Scum of the Earth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:56 AM

Well, I suppose this is a complaint and can be viewed as however people wish to see it. But, I think PGI is having two teams do two different things and people aren't on the same page anymore.

A good example is last night's "fiasco" with the Mercenaries Event. I went to go play last night to hopefully grind out 15 more points I wanted (for another mech bay) in the 7 hours leading up to 11:59pm PST. However, when I logged in at 5:30pm and went to my event page after awhile, I found out that only my first 3 games counted (the last time read 23:58:22 in the 30 minutes leading up to 6pm my time) and then the event had "ended". Went to the forums, found out that everyone else had the same problem and it really ruined my night's plans. I ended up only playing for 1 1/2 hours total and decided to do something else.

THEN! I wake up this morning to catch up on new threads ONLY to find out someone sent out a Twitter last night saying that to continue to play till 11:59pm PST and they would try to "fix" it on Monday. I'm sorry, but I hate Twitter, I don't use Twitter, and I will NEVER use it. I rarely use Facebook for that matter really except the rare occasion to wish someone a Happy Birthday when I can't connect with them in person.

Now, that might be just one example and could be just bad communication one someone's part but then here are two more examples from the Urbanmech pre-orders....

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, what's it going to be PGI? Are you going to be using PST or UTC for your cut-off times? You can't have it both ways. Pick one and stick to it. It's not only confusing trying to figure out which one I should be using but then even you can't seem to agree upon it either.

#2 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

I only read the stuff under the image, but I think I get the gist of what is going on here.

PGI, consistency is rather important! ;) I definitely suggest a LOT more proofreading before you guys post things. :P

#3 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:46 AM

Well, that and there's 8 freaking hours difference between midnight PST and midnight GMT.

#4 Silversynch

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:09 PM

Confirmed they are using UTC, not PST. Someone needs to discipline somebody at PGI to not use local timezones.

#5 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:02 PM

View PostSilversynch, on 01 February 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

Confirmed they are using UTC, not PST. Someone needs to discipline somebody at PGI to not use local timezones.

Turns out it's all designed in PST and the new guy used UTC likley because he's worked at a real company before. >.<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users