Calling Out; Browncoats And Independents!

710 replies to this topic

#41 lonewolfsyndrome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

I will be sending people to that very special Hell Shepard Book was talking about, count me in.

#42 walkingraven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 223 posts
  • LocationPort Krin, Antallos

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

It will be a true honor to stand among you all. And good to see we have allies before the alloy slugs start to fly.
I cannot promise artillery cover, nor air support, or spare parts... or even regualr pay...
But you shall have freedom. You shall have your mech, your guns, and the open arms of the deep black.

I'll do my best to keep up on the mail and I shall be making a roster. If everyone could send me the correct names and such, I'd be mighty grateful. Thanks.

#43 Nor Azman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 217 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:21 AM

I can see the tag now - "The Browncoats Mercenaries: We aim to misbehave". Probably to be found at the periphery, frontier worlds. Maybe Antallos/Port Krin, Astrokaszy, or Heroditus, looking for odd jobs and the like. Though we wont have any homebase. "We sniff the air not kiss the dirt". The Browncoats wont be any glamorous merc unit you would find, say in Outreach, but we'll get the job done. We got reputation. This will be fun. Shiny even. :)

#44 Zakatak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

No more runnin'.

I aim to misbehave.

#45 lonewolfsyndrome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

View Postwalkingraven, on 10 February 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

I'll do my best to keep up on the mail and I shall be making a roster. If everyone could send me the correct names and such, I'd be mighty grateful. Thanks.

maybe it you help if you came up with a list of what you wanted, like call sign, role, mech piloted, ect that we could PM you or fill out here. I think it would help add a little legitimacy to our cause.

#46 XGhostbearX

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:47 AM

I'd be in for a Browncoat merc unit...

" Three mags and my swinging cod"

#47 Vernius Ix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 405 posts
  • LocationOscar Mike

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

God I miss Firefly. I watched all the episodes Fox aired, bought the box set on DVD and went and saw the abortion that was Serenity. I still can't belive that someone didn't pick that show up.

#48 Mourning Shadows

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

This heres the finest weapon known to man, I call her the battlemech.

#49 walkingraven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

That is an excellent idea lonewolf.
If I could get everyone to mimic this form and PM it to me;

Username - walkingraven
contact information - (WalkingRaven@live.com)
Character Name - Umbrias Moerku (include any previous ranks)
Callsign - Raven
Preferred Role - Commander/Defender
Preferred Mech - Marauder // or // heavy or light assault tonnages
Short Bio - (entirely optional) Umbrias was born and raised in an asteriod mining colony often referred to only by number. But to the people who lived and died there, it was Bleak Hope.
As fate would have it, the mine never played out. It was attacked. A rogue merc unit seeking rumored Lost Tech savaged the colony and its mines. But they could not find what was not there.
The salvage shuttles were slow enough that most who survived the attack didn't see their 'rescuers'. Umbrias was one of fortunate few and was planetside a matter of hours before he signed up with the planetary defenders.
His first taste of the seat of a battlemech came when he dragged a pirate from the cockpit and nearly killed himself trying to jack-in to the machine.
He went on to found a group of pirate hunters by name of The Meteor Riders (a tabletop campaign). Who were often as maligned as the pirates they chased.

#50 lonewolfsyndrome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

PM the list to me as well, I will be building a web page for us to use so that we can register and add ourselves to the Wiki.

#51 firefox117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

I got my Mech mechanic right here

Posted Image

God I miss that show though. Still got hopes theyll make more one of these days.

#52 Zakatak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

View Postfirefox117, on 13 February 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

I got my Mech mechanic right here

Posted Image

God I miss that show though. Still got hopes theyll make more one of these days.

I'll be in my bunk...

#53 Sheridan Mackison

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

Mech Browncoats

Until I found this thread I was having a hard time deciding between playing as a lone wolf, joining the FRR or a merc unit.  Honestly this sounds more like "home".  I watched the original Firefly on TV, but I don't think Serenity even made it to the theaters in our area.  By the way, I have seen the SCI HD channel (not SyFy) run Firefly marathons on several occasions.

Username - Sheridan Mackison
contact information - contact through mwomercs.com
Character Name - Sheridan Mackison
Callsign - Badger
Preferred Role - Anything the captain orders
Preferred Mech - Grand Dragon
Short Bio - All I care to share is that my family's property and honor were stolen by the greed and deceit of a "noble" occupying our home planet.  We were forced to flee in separate directions until we can avenge our name.  I have since lost all contact with the remains of my family.  I now spend my time honing my mech piloting and tactical skills.

Edited by Sheridan Mackison, 13 February 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#54 VEDRFOLNIR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

Greetings from your friends in the Republic!

I'm amazed that I haven't seen this thread before - but I'll definitely keep an eye on it now. I look forward to seeing your unit in-game!

#55 lonewolfsyndrome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

Okay guys I need to get those forms filled out, I have the website up... or at least the bare bones of it.

http://mwomercsbrowncoats.webs.com/

If any one wants me to make any changes, now is the time to do it.

Edited by lonewolfsyndrome, 15 February 2012 - 11:39 AM.

#56 Ian MacLeary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationChiron Beta Prime

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

Character name - Ian MacLeary
Callsign - Starknight or as assigned by teammates :ph34r:
Contact - starkn1ght@hotmail.com
Preferred Role - I'm flexible but prefer scout/scout commander
Preferred 'mech - what, we get a choice? Make it fast is all I ask...
Short bio - Yeah, lotta history here. Grand-da, Da, and I all served in the Skye Rangers (10th, 17th, and 22nd, respectively); I left when the military started getting homogenized by the FedCom in '41. (I also wasn't too happy about bein' kept out of the War of '39; Da bought it then.) Been kickin' around doing freelance scout work; hooked up with a few old buddies and formed Danny's Boys with some financing from Grand-da. You need someone spotted, we're your team.

EDIT: signed up on the website. Looks good so far.

Edited by Ian MacLeary, 16 February 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#57 lonewolfsyndrome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

Gotcha, I'll add you to our mechwarrior page as well!

#58 walkingraven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

Thanks again, lonewolf. And thank you to everyone who's come into the fold.
And thanks for the prospective allies and clients.

#59 lonewolfsyndrome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

I will try to get a back ground up for the unit later tonight, or if not tomorrow morning. I'm thinking of placing us on Antallos (Port Krin) if that's okay with every one. http://www.sarna.net...%28Port_Krin%29 Since we're not exactly legit ;)

#60 Ian MacLeary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationChiron Beta Prime

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

View Postlonewolfsyndrome, on 17 February 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

I will try to get a back ground up for the unit later tonight, or if not tomorrow morning. I'm thinking of placing us on Antallos (Port Krin) if that's okay with every one. http://www.sarna.net...%28Port_Krin%29 Since we're not exactly legit ;)

Actually, that looks like the right kind of place for us to be - we're a ragtag bunch of rebels from the losing sides of various wars, or people with nowhere else to go. Seems logical we'd wind up there. And canonically, there's lots of mercs in the area of all types; we're not stepping on any story elements for 5 years or so, anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users