#1 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:43 PM

All IS factions should fight each other. But not 12 on 12. More like 8 man vs 8 man. Why? To keep the pugs off the Clan borders. Most IS pugs (I believe) would rather fight other IS mechs. If we only drop in 12 mans, then the pugs will tire of waiting for 11 others to join them and go for quicker queues on the Clan borders. We need to give them a place to play that doesn't cripple the efforts of the northern houses and the southern 12 mans trying to help them. This also gives the factions a chance to teach the pugs tactics and to provide them with TS information for those so inclined. Kurita, Steiner, and the FRR will never be able to recover or retake any significant ground if their defense queues are choked with pug teams.

#2 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:43 PM

Also, we need to fight Sunny D Dave and the Blue Steel Fisters to protect our space bacon.

... And also help the Capellans, I guess.

Edited by TripleEhBeef, 03 February 2015 - 12:50 PM.

#3 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:25 PM

We need a CW kiddie pool of some kind.

Somewhere away from the evil 12 mans.

It is very obvious that feeding PUGs to Mega-Mercs and comp. faction units is hurting CW as a whole.

#4 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:55 PM

Dear Coordinator desires a summer home on Robinson, and so he will have it.

#5 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:03 PM

Perhaps worth mentioning: http://mwomercs.com/...or-cw-wargames/

#6 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:13 AM

Well... since this League of Star Gentlemen has formed looks like I personally won't be doing any community warfare for a while. The best thing about CW for me was no clans.

Why is it every time I'm about to spend money on this game, something happens to make me say "Nope!"

Sigh.

Edited by Kjudoon, 08 February 2015 - 07:14 AM.

#7 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:23 AM

You do realize that you don't have to fight clans, and, you can still do your own thing?

#8 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWazan

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:31 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 08 February 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:

Well... since this League of Star Gentlemen has formed looks like I personally won't be doing any community warfare for a while. The best thing about CW for me was no clans.

Why is it every time I'm about to spend money on this game, something happens to make me say "Nope!"

Sigh.

Kjudoon, one of the stipulations of the Star League agreement was that the ceasefire agreements are "soft" ceasefires, specifically to accommodate players and units who share your opinion. Factions won't be going all-in on IS vs IS warfare until the Clans are kicked out of the Inner Sphere (then we can happily go back to the joys of stabbing each other in the back), but players and units who don't want to fight the Clans won't be forbidden from dropping in CW against other IS factions.

#9 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:37 PM

Well then there is hope for we anti-clan players who retain obedience to his unit's structure and honorable obligations to her friends and allies.

Doesn't mean I can't grouse. I've a reputation of being a curmudegeon to uphold.

#10 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:12 AM

Sigh.

why would you have to fight clans just because a bunch of roleplayers say so? it's not like they're taking out the ability for IS 12 mans to drop on IS planets

#11 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:33 AM

Sigh.

Far as know, Kurita has not agree to this lunacy. Why you quit slaughter of Davion rats because of few forums roleplayers?

#12 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:09 AM

Because some of us enjoy the role play as much or more than the pew pew. My unit made commitments, and I intend to honor them while remaining true to my own self.

If you did not know, the Seraphim devote a lot of time and energy creating lots of lore, fan fiction and media for this game because we enjoy it and so do many others.

To thine own self be true.... even if it is just a role and a game.

#13 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:31 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 10 February 2015 - 03:09 AM, said:

Because some of us enjoy the role play as much or more than the pew pew. My unit made commitments, and I intend to honor them while remaining true to my own self.

If you did not know, the Seraphim devote a lot of time and energy creating lots of lore, fan fiction and media for this game because we enjoy it and so do many others.

Sounds like your unit has made a separate peace with the coordinator's enemies, which is the vilest treason. The only way to restore your honor is suicide.

#14 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:53 AM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 10 February 2015 - 05:31 AM, said:

Sounds like your unit has made a separate peace with the coordinator's enemies, which is the vilest treason. The only way to restore your honor is suicide.

He smiles whistfully at the brashness of the Kuritan trying to stare him down and belittle him. He takes another bite of his BLT sandwich, and a sip of his Bourbon and Cola, shoulders bouncing with a restrained chuckle.

"Babaluga, I'm a merc, not a loyalist. Someone your house desperately needs right now. Or have you got a handle on the clans? I don't do all that Hairy Carry stuff. But I do know about offense and face and honor." With his left hand, Kjudoon toys with his pickle spear.

"So..." he says, eyes never leaving the man standing across the table, "if you don't need us, we can always go work for another side. No skin off our red rosey." He leans back in his chair, looking relaxed but his eyes firey intense.

"I suspect you say such things because you're Space Bacon deficient. Here. Have a BLT. Fix you right up."

Angry silence greets this suggestion.

"All right, unless you intend to spread some more mayo on the other half of my sammich with that oversized butter knife... let's take the hand off the hilt of your'un... and I'll take my hand off the grip of my shotgun aimed at your gut, and have lunch together. I've got no desire for a fracas that could be an interstellar incident over my units standing orders."

He searches the eyes on the other end of the standoff for any sign of relenting.

"What do you say, hoss? Sound like a plan? Or is this going to get messy?"

A nervous cough is heard from the waitress who wandered by at the wrong time and the fan ticks quietly in the suddenly silent restaurant.

Edited by Kjudoon, 10 February 2015 - 05:55 AM.

#15 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:52 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 10 February 2015 - 05:53 AM, said:

He smiles whistfully at the brashness of the Kuritan trying to stare him down and belittle him. He takes another bite of his BLT sandwich, and a sip of his Bourbon and Cola, shoulders bouncing with a restrained chuckle.

oh. I see. you've joined that insane bacon duke.

#16 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:14 AM

What seems to happen on both ends is PUGs defend, while groups attack.

Attacking the clans, I've run into PUG groups more than coordinated 12 mans. Heck, often I've dropped against a Jade Falcon planet only to be met by Wolves, Bears, and Jags.

Honestly, I think a better option might be this: Rather than having 2 planets on the boarder under conflict, have a single planet, and alternate between attack and defense. Basically, if a planet changes hands, it's under attack again by the other side, otherwise, a new planet is attacked. The algorithm would work something like this:

Jade Falcon attacks Steiner at Goat's Path. If they win, they then defend Goat's Path from a Steiner attack, as Steiner tries to take the planet back. If Steiner fails to take it back, Jade Falcon then tries to attack the next planet, Pleasure Pit. Steiner turns back Jade Falcon, and then goes on the offensive, and attacks a Jade Falcon planet (not necessarily Goat's Path). And so on.

This does a few things.

1) Slows down planetary losses on all factions, since you can only gain planets against a faction every other conflict time.

2) Allows for multi-day struggles over a single planet as it changes hands repeatedly. Think of the tales of the battle of Butte Hold that Clan Wolf and Clan Jade Falcon battled over for days before some faction managed to keep it for 2 battle shifts in a row.

3) Reduces the spread of planetary conflicts, allowing players to focus more on specific planets. For factions like Steiner, who has 15+ different battles they can fight, fewer options helps them focus on fronts more. It likely also reduces auto-win drops.

4) It creates an actual front where teams meet, vs now where teams seem to mostly avoid each other by attacking, while PUGs flock to defense.

#17 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:42 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 10 February 2015 - 03:09 AM, said:

His point is that House Kurita is not yet a member of the star league. He is correct.

#18 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:57 PM

My unit's standing orders supersede the faction that hired me. I serve at my colonel's pleasure. We make money working for factions. They hire us for what we are and what we can do for them

Caveat emptor.

#19 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:46 AM

Wait, I'm not quite sure what your point is anymore. His point was Kurita is not yet a member of the star league, so you don't have to fight the clans exclusively if you don't want to. Unless you're saying your unit commander gave that order. I don't know. I'm confused and tired.

Edited by ChefGerstmann, 11 February 2015 - 01:47 AM.

#20 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:09 AM

View PostChefGerstmann, on 11 February 2015 - 01:46 AM, said:

I don't know. I'm confused and tired.

Story of my life too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users