401 replies to this topic

#41 Red Sea

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 62 posts
  • LocationBeach, toes in sand, tan, tan, tan

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:09 PM

The Jagger (L), thats a nice ring, stock with 4 uac5s, Catapult (L), stock with 2 guass, and the Awesome (L), stock with 4 LRM 20s!!!

#42 Gift of the Magi

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 40 posts
  • LocationOrbital Party Platform

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:10 PM

Due to being overseas a long time, I missed the chance to get the Phoenix packs and all the chances to get the Centurion and Atlas. As someone who only recently has had the opportunity to enjoy this game, thank you for the two free mechs (and all for supporting the one mech I was asking for! GO TEAM URBIE!)

On a side note though, I do agree that there should be a different award for those long-term players that already have the mechs. A few days of free Premium Time? Some MC maybe?

#43 Kivatu

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:21 PM

honestly i think its not so great for players that already have all 3 loyalty mechs (but qualify for a duplicate) .those mech cant be sell ..the best we can get it mc by selling the weapon and engine...i rather pgi give option for them to choose,either premiun time, or 3 trial mechs...or anything else except those duplicates ..

Edited by Kivatu, 03 February 2015 - 06:22 PM.

#44 Drakhan

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:25 PM

Soooo i guess everyone who paid 80+ dollars to get the anniversary mechs are kicking themselves right now......

#45 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:31 PM

Awesome, I was so sad when I saw that Atlas and thought I would never have it. Now I have a better reason to upgrade my Urbie or Rage pack, which I was already considering.

#46 fireball 4

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:34 PM

its kind of unfair to players that got these in the last event. I for one thoght they would be a get them now or never kind of thing.

#47 TopRay

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:36 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 03 February 2015 - 06:25 PM, said:

I WILL FREAKING BUY AN URBANMECH!!!!!! COLLECTORS EDITION JUST FOR THIS!

This imo is the main reason behind this.

Edited by TopRay, 04 February 2015 - 05:58 PM.

#48 fishballz

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:39 PM

i wish for 50% mechbay sale as well ;p

#49 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:41 PM

Well, If I could sell my [L] Mechs I'd buy an UrbanMech right away. I already have the first three from the last giveaway and they're the worst mechs in my hangar, even upgraded fully with XL's, Endo and DHS. How convenient that every [L] mech has the worst hardpoints of their variants apart from maybe the AS7-S.

Not to mention they all have a camo pattern on it that I really hate, and we can't even change the pattern back to standard or anything else! For something so 'special,' they actually remove more freedom and customization than anything else in the game. I can't sell them, repaint them, gift them or anything else!

If we could sell them, I'd buy this $40 Urbie package and then sell 6 [L] mechs for something more useful like the Nova and the Catapult I've always wanted.

Edited by Dak Darklighter, 03 February 2015 - 11:56 PM.

#50 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:43 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 03 February 2015 - 05:20 PM, said:

Look, I think this is great PGI is doing this so more players have the opportunity to get their hands on these very nice mechs (I love the King Crab, just superb!)

What kind of gets me though is that what started out as a loyalty 'thanks for sticking around for so long and being so supportive' has now turned into a 'buy our most expensive pack to get some bonus mechs'

I am all supportive of giving out limited edition content to players but really these mechs were initially designed as long term loyalty rewards. There still is not really anything unique for founders that have endured (3) years of a rollercoaster ride which has only just begun to settle..

Not to sound petty and entitled, but I agree with this.

The Founders (generally speaking) spent money on this game before it was even a game to play. The Loyalty bonuses are great and appreciated, but IMO the Founder's 'Mechs deserve a little bit of a kick. Nothing to make them Heros, but maybe a little extra bonus for having them. An extra 5% c-bills? 5-10% speed increase?

Maybe a little unfair for those who purchased the game after it was running, but so what? You came to the party late, don't complain when your favourite chips are gone.

#51 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:47 PM

Someone send this to Russ in Twitter since I don't use it and will not make an account for one message.

Two of these, Centurion-AH & Atlas-S, you can buy normal versions for MC but not CB. The Crab can be bought for CB & MC.

If someone is due to get a second copy of any of these, give them the MC cost in MC instead. They can spend it on something else they want.

Me, I only would get a second Cent-AH that I cannot sell off because I do not need a second one. I am kinda tempted for the Atlas & Crab to go Urbie $40 but a second AH? Maybe I will just go $60 on Resistance and skip this bonus, I don't need another AH and can upgrade the $20 Urbie pack by March.

Another alternative, just give people a total MC value to spend as they wish.
Those who have the 3 Mechs can buy something else.
Those who have none or some of the 3 can buy the ones they don't have and/or whatever else they want.

Edited by Wildstreak, 03 February 2015 - 06:49 PM.

#52 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:51 PM

View PostKoniving, on 03 February 2015 - 05:21 PM, said:

Hm.

Then I should have 6 5 duplicates! (Once I finish getting Over Urbie and Zeus).
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!
(5 duplicates of the 1 original, making a total of 6).

Sadly I'll probably just get a second copy.

You'll only receive a second copy if you bought a top-tier package after december 16, 2014 and before february 28th 2015.

So, if you qualified for the original mechs, you got them, but you do NOT necessarily qualify for this one.

If you bought an Urbanmech Collectors Edition, you qualify for this. If you bought (or upgraded to) any other top tier package within the time frame above you qualify for this.

Basically, whether or not you qualified for the previous (L) mechs is irrelevant. And buying multiple top tier packs in this time frame won't qualify you for this more than once, you either qualify or not.

View PostDrakhan, on 03 February 2015 - 06:25 PM, said:

Soooo i guess everyone who paid 80+ dollars to get the anniversary mechs are kicking themselves right now......

It was kind of silly to do that anyways, IMHO, as the King Crab (the only one requiring a top tier package) was going to be available for cbills anyways. But whatever.

#53 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:53 PM

View PostHavyek, on 03 February 2015 - 06:43 PM, said:

The Founders (generally speaking) spent money on this game before it was even a game to play. The Loyalty bonuses are great and appreciated, but IMO the Founder's 'Mechs deserve a little bit of a kick. Nothing to make them Heros, but maybe a little extra bonus for having them. An extra 5% c-bills? 5-10% speed increase?

Maybe a little unfair for those who purchased the game after it was running, but so what? You came to the party late, don't complain when your favourite chips are gone.

An extra 5% cbills would be fine, or even 10%. Or any other out of match bonus like loyalty point bonus, GXP bonus or whatever.

But a speed increase would be a in match gameplay advantage and you can't have that on exclusive content.

#54 Havyek

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:56 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 03 February 2015 - 06:53 PM, said:

An extra 5% cbills would be fine, or even 10%. Or any other out of match bonus like loyalty point bonus, GXP bonus or whatever.

But a speed increase would be a in match gameplay advantage and you can't have that on exclusive content.

Agreed.

Maybe a flat 5% increase to all? C-bills, XP, GXP and LP?

#55 Legal Insurrection

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:56 PM

did I read that right ??!? all three? free? wow! very cool. Look slike ima gonna be very busy for a long time

#56 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

Thank you PGI. I was going to finish up the last of the resistance pack anyways. Nice to get a little added something. Have two of all 3 will allow me to have 2 builds for each variant.

Amazes me that PGI gives a 2nd set of these 3 away and people complain about it. Nice to get a bonus for what I was already going to buy.

Edited by Kali Rinpoche, 03 February 2015 - 06:58 PM.

#57 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:59 PM

If the duplicate Loyalty mechs had a Faction Loyalty bonus instead of just the C-bill boost, at least it would be something. Yes it would be IS only, but it would be better than nothing.

Go figure on the thinking on this.

#58 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:00 PM

Will the second copy be flagged as liquid, or will they be locked as permanently owned, like the original copies?

If one qualified for all three by means of prior purchases, and then purchased the Wrath pack in time to get the first month bonus, I assume that it'd be too early to fit within the bonus period. I won't bemoan that fact, as I have no need for second versions of any of my mechs, though I will be the barest amount of disappointed that I will not qualify on account of buying too early.

#59 delushin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 159 posts
  • LocationIn-ter-web

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:00 PM

Ok ... I have only recently returned after being drawn in my CW and some good changes to the UI. I was very happy to see as I logged in some shiny free mechs sitting there which I think are due to my founders.

Thank you, I guess that was part the commitment to ongoing rewards for supporters, it is always good to get free stuff.

Since then I grabbed the Resistance and Urbanmech packs as they look like fun and seems like a good deal to get some new steel in my lab. That means I qualify for the bonus mentioned in here that I already have from previous support, correct?

Considering my initial thought was something like ... WTF ... but the responses here are not what I would have expected, could I please ask what is the benefit of doubling up on a mech? - legit question.

#60 Havyek

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

View PostKali Rinpoche, on 03 February 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

Thank you PGI. I was going to finish up the last of the resistance pack anyways. Nice to get a little added something. Have two of all 3 will allow me to have 2 builds for each variant.

Amazes me that PGI gives a 2nd set of these 3 away and people complain about it. Nice to get a bonus for what I was already going to buy.

I don't think anyone's "complaining" about getting anything for free. The complaint is that people who have spent money early, and continue to spend money now get the same reward that they got a year ago, and can't get anything for it (you can't sell them).

It's not a BAD thing, just more, meh.

Edited by Havyek, 04 February 2015 - 02:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users