Frr: A Call To Arms

39 replies to this topic

#1 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:39 PM

Greetings, pilots of the honorable House Marik. I come to you this afternoon with a request, a plea for assistance in our fight against the clan onslaught. Last weekend's surprise assault on Tukayyid caught us completely off-guard, and with the new front opened in the heart of our territory coupled with the rate we've been losing comms with planets, we fear the Free Rasalhague Republic is on the brink of extinction.

If there are any available units that can take up a week contract for the FRR, we desperately need your help. This weekend, we'd like to start a massive counter-offensive to drive the clan lines back to the outer reaches, to spread their line back out and break the tip of their spear, which is aimed directly at Terra. By the end of the week we hope to have a stable line again, closer to the outer reaches. We'd like to restore as much of a buffer as possible. We can only do it with the help of our brothers and sisters throughout the Inner Sphere.

It is encouraged to join the FRR Hub Teamspeak server as well, for those who can make it, for additional resources while coordinating efforts. We have lacked the numbers necessary to stem the tide, but with the core of the IS now under direct threat from the clan aggressors, we hope that this will be the time for the Inner Sphere to come together in common defense of the FRR, and in turn common defense of the greater good of humanity. May the Gods bless us in our endeavors.

#2 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

I hope Marik units respond to this, the last defence of the FRR. Once it is gone, it will never be able to recover. I hope all the Great Houses will put aside their grievances and take up arms on this, the most desperate front.

#3 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:53 PM

Me too! My overall hope is to see the queues stacked as deep as they can go.

#4 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:00 PM

Posted Image

You shall be resurrected if PGI resets the map. I hope you prove me wrong, but the writing is on the Tukayyid, so to speak.

#5 Jaraii

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:38 PM

It is unfortunate, I happen to like the lore behind the FRR. At this point though, I'd just take solace in the fact that it seems they can't take the home world. There are just far too many people attacking FRR from the clans. With your planets so low in number, it simply has people curious what will happen when it's gone.

#6 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:45 PM

It'd be a lot cooler to see what would happen if a massive counter push originated from FRR space. I know some groups aren't going to take the request serious, but maybe some others will. I do appreciate you guys taking the time to recognize the request. I'm hoping for more, but if we can't get it, we'll understand.

Edited by DaemonWulfe, 05 February 2015 - 06:58 PM.

#7 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:50 PM

Marik will be there this weekend

#8 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:09 PM

View PostDavers, on 05 February 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

I hope Marik units respond to this, the last defence of the FRR. Once it is gone, it will never be able to recover. I hope all the Great Houses will put aside their grievances and take up arms on this, the most desperate front.

Looking at the map I would say it is already past the point of being able to recover. I don't know that FRR has enough push left in them to even push back out even if we all devoted ourselves to defending them 24/7 from here on out.

I'll go where the people are dropping though. If we are dropping on FRR worlds That's where I'll queue

#9 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:12 PM

More importantly are there any Marik units willing to switch over to help TAKE planets, like the Seraphim are doing with Kurita?

#10 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:15 PM

If we pull through this, the Skjaldborg might have to name a new variety of Meade after the Purple Bird to fuel the drunk singing of songs sung in honour of House Marik who stood proud beside us in face of the Clans.

#11 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

Nah, just serve all your meade in these

Posted Image

We'll make sure to keep you stocked up.

Posted Image

#12 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:58 PM

View PostDavers, on 05 February 2015 - 09:12 PM, said:

More importantly are there any Marik units willing to switch over to help TAKE planets, like the Seraphim are doing with Kurita?

It's hard to tell until the weekend hits. This is a shot in the dark. Kind of a last ditch effort to save the FRR before all of it's planets fall, or maybe to see if there are enough people in the community as a whole to save this faction, whether it be to keep a buffer, or out of sense of duty to humanity in general (no one deserves to be ruled by genetically modified super freaks), or sense of patriotism in our case. I know we'll still have a capitol city, but at that point we'll pretty much be Switzerland.

#13 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:07 PM

'Veteran of Planet Wazan - "The Meatgrinder"'

I was hopping around the various forums earlier to see if I had any activity on the Call to Arms threads, and came across multiple descriptions of what occured on Wazan between Marik and Davion. From what I read, it sounds like you guys had an epic back and forth fight. Sounds like something I would have dug my teeth into had I been a Marik. I hope we get to see something similar over the course of next week. We could definitely use that brand of tenacity against the clans, in even larger numbers of course.

#14 MrMarkusCZ

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:02 AM

I always supported Rasalhague but my unit aligned with Mariks. I agreed with long-term maybe never expiring contract - accepted role playing and our unit consensus. When I drop solo and want fight against clans I usually go help Raselhague. So I will be happy if we can organize EXPEDITION FORCE on FWLM teamspeak and drop to Raselhague defend queue. At least we will help you hold your positions and you can concentrate forces to attacks.

Edited by MrMarkusCZ, 06 February 2015 - 01:08 AM.

#15 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:09 AM

View PostDaemonWulfe, on 05 February 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

Greetings, pilots of the honorable House Marik. I come to you this afternoon with a request, a plea for assistance in our fight against the clan onslaught. Last weekend's surprise assault on Tukayyid caught us completely off-guard, and with the new front opened in the heart of our territory coupled with the rate we've been losing comms with planets, we fear the Free Rasalhague Republic is on the brink of extinction.

If there are any available units that can take up a week contract for the FRR, we desperately need your help. This weekend, we'd like to start a massive counter-offensive to drive the clan lines back to the outer reaches, to spread their line back out and break the tip of their spear, which is aimed directly at Terra. By the end of the week we hope to have a stable line again, closer to the outer reaches. We'd like to restore as much of a buffer as possible. We can only do it with the help of our brothers and sisters throughout the Inner Sphere.

It is encouraged to join the FRR Hub Teamspeak server as well, for those who can make it, for additional resources while coordinating efforts. We have lacked the numbers necessary to stem the tide, but with the core of the IS now under direct threat from the clan aggressors, we hope that this will be the time for the Inner Sphere to come together in common defense of the FRR, and in turn common defense of the greater good of humanity. May the Gods bless us in our endeavors.

Posting your ts3 details will help...

Ive stuck with marik because we can at least scrape together a late oceanic / early european 12man...

we did FRR for a week but couldnt find ppl to play with..

#16 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:11 AM

View PostMycrus, on 06 February 2015 - 01:09 AM, said:

Ive stuck with marik because we can at least scrape together a late oceanic / early european 12man...

View PostMycrus, on 06 February 2015 - 01:09 AM, said:

Is that you dropping on Saffel now? ;)

#17 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:14 AM

View PostDavers, on 06 February 2015 - 01:11 AM, said:

Is that you dropping on Saffel now? ;)

Im still at work... we did work on denebola... not knowing that was the last steiner world we could take

#18 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:14 AM

View PostMycrus, on 06 February 2015 - 01:14 AM, said:

Im still at work... we did work on denebola... not knowing that was the last steiner world we could take

Oh. I see we have a 12 man on, and I was wondering who they were. :)

#19 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:17 AM

As far as the FRR territory is concerned, the FRR is "FINISHED".
But PGI will probably throw them a participation trophy and let them keep the faction tag.
They shouldn't, but oh well..

It's only a matter of days now, NOT WEEKS.

EDIT: I love how the Video says "The TL,DR has receieved reports that Turkayyid and Lothen have fallen to the Smoke Jaguars in a COMPLETE surprise attack".

Wait a minute there was NO "complete surprise attack", it was obvious and was seen coming a mile (and days) away by ANYONE that had a faction map to look at.

Edited by Odins Fist, 06 February 2015 - 01:23 AM.

#20 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:22 AM

And then all the tryhard teams that gravitate to the clans will thump their chests and declare righteous victory over the baby seals!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users