• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:12 PM

The CCAF has done it's part for the Star League tonight:

Posted Image

After reviewing the relevant BattleROMS several CCAF tactical officers have decided that the clan threat is overblown and should be easy to destroy.

#42 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWazan

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

View PostMatviTank, on 06 February 2015 - 06:58 PM, said:

Will BWC of the Marik's be abiding by this agreement?

To clarify, there are two Black Widow Companies in MWO.

There is the Black Widows that are commonly referred to as The BWC, which is a multi-gaming guild. They are a mercenary unit in MWO, and have only had a presence in Mechwarrior since MWO.

Then there is the Black Widows of the FWLM, the unit that I am in. Technically, we are a merc unit as well, but we are permanently affiliated with the FWLM, and the Widows as we are commonly called, have been active in every iteration of Mechwarrior since our founding back in 1996.

The BWC is currently contracting with Kurita, to fight the Clans. I expect them to have a representative at the Conference, and in the FWLM's experience with them, they have been very good about coordinating with the house units, and abiding by agreements, cease fires, etc.

The Widows are full-fledged members of the FWLM, and we are fully on-board with the Star League idea (which is no surprise, since I'm spearheading this endeavor).

#43 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:42 PM

The official meeting time is now set. The Conference of Wazan will commence at 1900/7PM Eastern Time on the Marik TeamSpeak server. Please go to House-Marik.com and register to connect to the TS. The direct TS server address will be made available here one hour prior to the meeting, but to alleviate some of the strain on our TS admins, we ask that representatives try to register on the FWLM's Enjin site and connect via the site, as they are integrated.

Thank you all for the overwhelming support for this proposal you have already shown, and I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

#44 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:27 AM

Such idealism.

The web of alliance, intrigue, vengeance, planet-trading and rivalries goes much deeper than some borders on a map, or lore in some books, it goes to the heart of the game: the players and units.

You might unite a few player factions to unleash their haterade on the Clans, but too many have heard the call to battle. It's in everyone's best interest to switch sides, use different mechs, and fight a variety of units. The best case scenario is a another Op Hangover, which interestingly enough, would solve all the internecine fighting of the Clans over attack lanes. Pushing Clan territory north would open it all back up again, and you would be facing four angry Clan factions with proper lanes after all your mercs get bored in a week and switch back to various factions (likely Clans).

You guys will have fun RPing some intergalactic council for an hour, hate on Clans, have a good ***** session, and (correctly) go back to stabbing each other in the back, and cursing pugs for your significant losses.

The Murder Bohner is OP. It wins just about every time.

#45 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:46 AM

View PostDavers, on 06 February 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

As a Clan apparently dedicated to fighting the other Clans, maybe we should invite Wolf too? :D

Well, who knows if the the Refusal War, in this alternate universe, might happen sooner rather than later.. :ph34r:

Anyway, i strongly believe you should invite PGI as representatives of ComStar. They created a virus that uses an algorythm to screw up the jump patters of our JumpShips' computers. It is doing wonders at holding us from pushing further down toward Terra .. <_<

#46 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:27 AM

View PostbobF, on 07 February 2015 - 04:27 AM, said:

Such idealism.

The web of alliance, intrigue, vengeance, planet-trading and rivalries goes much deeper than some borders on a map, or lore in some books, it goes to the heart of the game: the players and units.

You might unite a few player factions to unleash their haterade on the Clans, but too many have heard the call to battle. It's in everyone's best interest to switch sides, use different mechs, and fight a variety of units. The best case scenario is a another Op Hangover, which interestingly enough, would solve all the internecine fighting of the Clans over attack lanes. Pushing Clan territory north would open it all back up again, and you would be facing four angry Clan factions with proper lanes after all your mercs get bored in a week and switch back to various factions (likely Clans).

You guys will have fun RPing some intergalactic council for an hour, hate on Clans, have a good ***** session, and (correctly) go back to stabbing each other in the back, and cursing pugs for your significant losses.

WTF are you doing in our colors? Going for some false flag ops or something?

View PostCyclonerM, on 07 February 2015 - 04:46 AM, said:

Well, who knows if the the Refusal War, in this alternate universe, might happen sooner rather than later.. :ph34r:

Anyway, i strongly believe you should invite PGI as representatives of ComStar. They created a virus that uses an algorythm to screw up the jump patters of our JumpShips' computers. It is doing wonders at holding us from pushing further down toward Terra .. <_<

If there is someone in Clan Wolf who would like to discuss the possibility of shifting flags and joining the new Star League as a full-fledged member-state, have them message me and we'll discuss their attendance at the Conference of Wazan.

#47 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:38 AM

View PostIlithi Dragon, on 07 February 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

If there is someone in Clan Wolf who would like to discuss the possibility of shifting flags and joining the new Star League as a full-fledged member-state, have them message me and we'll discuss their attendance at the Conference of Wazan.

Not yet, i think. I am no official representative.. We shall see what happens , i am very curious :)

#48 Hippogryph

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:56 AM

A number of loyalist pilots in the Free Worlds League Military units discussed the new Star League proposal generally, after last night's victories against the Ghost Bears and Smoke Jaguars.

We are supportive, and more. I'd personally like to fight alongside Capellans, the Dragons, the redoubtable Davions, and even the Steiners.

Moreover, we would welcome Clan Wolf, if its loyalists made the decision. The Wolves' ill-luck deserves to change.

Enough of soft PUG prey for the Smoke Jaguars and their affiliates! Let's show all invaders the best the Inner Sphere militaries have to offer. While Marik, Davion and Liao units defend planets of the FRR, LC and DC, those factions' own units and mercs will be freed up to begin focused assaults on Clan held worlds. As Mariks know, the best defense is a strong offense.

#49 Kasechemui

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:12 AM

I agree on the idea to invite some officials to the meeting.
Maybe someone from ngng. It could help to moderate the discussion and will increase the impact.

#50 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:15 AM

I have that sudden need to buy a vuvuzela warhorn.

#51 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:31 AM

View PostKasechemui, on 07 February 2015 - 07:12 AM, said:

I agree on the idea to invite some officials to the meeting.
Maybe someone from ngng. It could help to moderate the discussion and will increase the impact.

ACES are already planning on sending a Representative.

We'll see if we can reach out to PGI and invite them to attend the Conference as "ComStar Observers."

#52 Ronaef

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:40 AM

TVL supports the reforging of the Star League. Sadly we are not able to attend the meeting but I would like to make clear that we fully support the initiative and we are already dropping against them. Also we propose to try expanding our island in Kurita territory to create another front against the clans.

#53 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:03 AM

View PostDuctus Hase, on 07 February 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

There is no need to temporary trade territory - this only makes room for betrayal.
I am fine with organizing defensive drops... prove your will to do so by first stopping your attacks on our worlds; send your units to defend our front - you can see where the clans attack. If our worlds are secure we are going to attack full force trusting you to defend our worlds. If all of us together can´t defend 2 Fronts... well more Clanfronts will come into existance without us having to hand worlds to you guys.
If it´s a stall... you can earn our trust to make other plans.

Conference done - you are welcome.

#54 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:14 AM

View PostDuctus Hase, on 07 February 2015 - 10:03 AM, said:

Since yours was the first, and only, IS faction to strike a deal with the Clans, you're hardly in a position to talk about "earning trust".

I suggest you check yourself there.

Given Steiners lack of a cohesive command, and past aggressions, you're hardly in a position to lay demands out on anyone.

#55 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:26 AM

If Steiner wants to send a rep or two, we'd be glad to talk to them.

#56 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:29 AM

I managed to get in touch with some people in quasi-leadership positions at Steiner, and I am expecting a number of Steiner unit representatives to be in attendance at Wazan.

#57 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:32 AM

Such idealism.

Everything you say may well be true. But if 6 Houses cannot stand against 4 Clans, then CW is doomed. No one will want to pick the side that lost if there is a forced map reset due to Clan victory. The Clan ranks will swell even more than they are now, and loyalist players will lose interest when they realize that all their efforts are in vain.

Maybe everyone should go merc, and go wherever they will. But then factions, borders, planets, and maps have no meaning. Might as well get rid of it all and just make this another game mode for the public queues.

#58 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:43 AM

Such idealism.

Aww, look guys, he's scared.

#59 Kasechemui

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:31 AM

We could send ngng a memo afterwards. For their next broadcast.

Did someone inform the Beerwarriors?

Edited by Kasechemui, 07 February 2015 - 11:36 AM.

#60 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostDaemonWulfe, on 06 February 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

Keep in mind the clans are going to be sending propagandists to ensure we don't come together on a united front.

They have nothing on me.

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 07 February 2015 - 11:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users