So...[Nvka] Is Roleplaying Snakes Perfectly Now?

67 replies to this topic

#1 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:30 AM

Hey NVKA...can I ask you what was up with that game last night?

The one in the public queue, where you roleplayed Kuritans refusing to fight alongside the Steiner 8-man you dropped with...hiding in the corner doing nothing but talking random RP all match in chat?

RP is all well and good...and our 8-man trashed the other team and took the win...but in a public queue? That's kinda..sh*tty. What if you'd been with 8 Steiner pugs or new players who had no idea why a third of their team was giving them the finger?

What's up with that guys?

Edited by Ghost Badger, 06 February 2015 - 06:36 AM.

#2 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:56 AM

They were really just trying to help you guys get your confidence, or "groove", back! Op success from the sounds of it!

#3 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:23 AM

Lmao was this the 4-man who dropped in pub queue with mechs armed only with flamers? I heard the story secondhand and it had me in stitches.

Congrats on your 8v12 win.

#4 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:32 AM

View PostChefGerstmann, on 06 February 2015 - 07:23 AM, said:

Lmao was this the 4-man who dropped in pub queue with mechs armed only with flamers? I heard the story secondhand and it had me in stitches.

Congrats on your 8v12 win.

One of them was an all flamer mech...I think some of the other 3 dropped in ERPPC Thunderbolt 9S?

Either way it was just...weird. Why drop a match just to not play? We pulled out the win...but still, lol...if we'd been someone else they'd have just screwed over 8 other people. That's not nice lol.

Though, it was rather amusing to see them post in teamchat "Wow...guess you guys really didn't need our help. This is really one-sided." *snerk

Edited by Ghost Badger, 06 February 2015 - 07:36 AM.

#5 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:51 AM

As I understand they just wanted to screw around for a drop. Every one of them was fairly new to the game and were goofing around to kill time while most of our unit was in CW.

#6 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:06 AM

View PostChefGerstmann, on 06 February 2015 - 07:51 AM, said:

As I understand they just wanted to screw around for a drop. Every one of them was fairly new to the game and were goofing around to kill time while most of our unit was in CW.

As Chef said, most of our unit is very green to the game in general and wanted to experiment with flamers. There was definitely no ill will involved or intent to mess with you guys - though it sounds like it turned into a pretty funny story now that you beat the enemy team without them. It sounds like they were just letting you guys shine. :)

#7 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:07 AM

View PostChefGerstmann, on 06 February 2015 - 07:51 AM, said:

If you're going to see troll builds anywhere, it's in the public queue, but goofing around in silly builds and choosing to do nothing but literally stand in a corner and insult your team is a world of difference.

One's amusing, sometimes fun, and sometimes annoying. The other is against the TOS and is pretty uncool to your team.

Edited by Ghost Badger, 06 February 2015 - 08:07 AM.

#8 Minimum Viable Kieransky

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:18 AM

They were preparing to execute honorable Kuritan surprise attack in unlikely event that Steiner aces unable to decimate foes. Luckily that not the case. *bows Kuritanly* Well done for 8v12 victory, Ghost Badger!

#9 Onionbird

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:31 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 06 February 2015 - 08:07 AM, said:

If you're going to see troll builds anywhere, it's in the public queue, but goofing around in silly builds and choosing to do nothing but literally stand in a corner and insult your team is a world of difference.

One's amusing, sometimes fun, and sometimes annoying. The other is against the TOS and is pretty uncool to your team.

Pretty sure your threatening is against the TOS. Please post with respect.

#10 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:42 AM

View PostOnionbird, on 06 February 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

Pretty sure your threatening is against the TOS. Please post with respect.

If I had mentioned player names or threatened to cry to mamma, I'm sure it would be. I have not. Instead I'm posting here to try and figure out why 4 dudes acted in what I consider a less than cool manner.

Thanks for engaging me in conversation, Chef, Socop, Kier. No need to get all bristly, Onion.

Socop, I'm sure it was lighthearted. Still, no one likes to see "I refuse to fight with Steiner scum" or "Die Steiner scum!" from teammates who then abandon them to the corner of the map. Letting us shine eh? Well, one man's silly story is another's memory of "what a douche."

Have a nice one, everybody, I'm out.

#11 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:12 AM

Dear Coordinator blesses you, wayward and slightly uptight Lyran friend.

#12 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:19 AM

View PostChefGerstmann, on 06 February 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

Dear Coordinator blesses you, wayward and slightly uptight Lyran friend.

To be fair if I wanted to do this in keeping with RP I could muster a poorly organized but EXTREMLY tonnage-heavy response drop to attack something in Kurita space and then follow up with mercs who actually get the job done...'cause ya know how Steiners feel about being stood up on a date :)

That, or as a merc I'd ask Lyran Command for a bonus because we carried the mission through even though the ComStar arranged Kuritan allies totally bailed! DAMNIT PGI...give me REAL economic and social tools in this game :)

Edited by Ghost Badger, 06 February 2015 - 11:20 AM.

#13 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

Since the NĶvA tactics baffled the Steiner unit i shall recomnend to NS high command that we investigate flammer camping strategies

#14 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostSteelWarrior, on 06 February 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

Since the NĶvA tactics baffled the Steiner unit i shall recomnend to NS high command that we investigate flammer camping strategies

Our greatest weapon shall be chaos itself. *presses the override key and explodes into a pillar of flame*

Edited by ChefGerstmann, 06 February 2015 - 11:35 AM.

#15 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:39 PM

I still think that was really funny, and have to say I was impressed when you managed to kill all the pugs without us.

#16 Keith66AH

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:36 AM

Roleplay correctly? We played once or twice against these guys and all they did was chat "Die Clanner" to our Davion forces. I think this is some sort of crazy squad they threw together just to mess with the enemy.

#17 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:40 AM

View PostKeith Youngblood, on 07 February 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

Roleplay correctly? We played once or twice against these guys and all they did was chat "Die Clanner" to our Davion forces. I think this is some sort of crazy squad they threw together just to mess with the enemy.

There's nothing crazy at all about pointing out Davion is the worst of the clans.

#18 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:10 AM

The feddie has seen through our devious ISD plot....

#19 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:38 PM

I would take a second to congratulate our NKVA brothers on their 5th planet liberated from the foul enemies of the Combine. It is clear to me that your campaign of propaganda has been as successful as your tactical execution on the battlefield, no one can now doubt the power of physiological warfare. Long live the NKVA in defense of the Kurita family.

Edited by SteelWarrior, 07 February 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#20 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:48 PM

Just report them and move on. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users