#21 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:17 AM

Ya know, this begs to differ.

And unlike your arguments, they're pretty damn logical.

#22 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:25 AM

View PostMurzao, on 07 February 2015 - 12:16 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure Steiner has been the only IS faction to push back the clans back to their start zone......*checks map* ...yup.....fact.

I know for a fact I've fought every clan faction far far more than you have. Guaranteed.

...the only allies we got are the Davions and I'm sure they'ld love us to go eat some sushi. They can help out up north when they don't have 3 posers ghost capping them too.

Trying to negotiate a ceasefire after ghost capping 20 worlds...so precious.

If we are ghost capping them, then we are not tying up any of their units.

No one is denying that you have fought Clans more than Marik. You have also made more ceasefires with Clans too. ;)

Hey, if you don't want to be friends, that's cool with us. :)

#23 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:26 AM

Look, all this forum bravado aside, what we're trying to accomplish here is a unified push back against the Clans. All we ask is Steiner give us the chance to try and fight back the clans before they reduce themselves to a last ditch effort to hold them off.

As for "ghost dropping" the 20 worlds from you, whatever. Let's set that aside for now, push back the clans to an acceptable level, and then we can go back to squabbling amongst ourselves.

It's worth a shot, and if it doesn't work, then go ahead and destroy FRR I guess. But I seriously doubt the clans can stop all of us.

Posted Image

#24 Murzao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:59 AM

First of all you're about 40 days late in fighting the clans.....second of all it's FRR and Kurita ducking the clans not us lmao. So much so that when we were attacking JF that we would get bored CSJ/CGB units defending JF planets.

I seriously doubt the conference will go well just because of your actions. I don't even gotta say anything.

The only thing worth noting is if you stop the ghost drops and actually go defend the north. Words mean jack (especially yours).

Ain't nothing stopping the FRR from 'retreating' into Kuritan space....unless they turtled that away already.

Hell I wanna hear what Kurita has to say about going into Davion space when Davions were defending their northern border lol.......your 2 factions are literally the least trustworthy ones hands down.

Edited by Murzao, 07 February 2015 - 01:05 AM.

#25 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:08 AM

Bottom line is, we're vastly outnumbered as a faction. The recent arrival of the clans in the heart of our territory speaks for it's self. We're desperately in need of assistance. We only continue to ask that you provide us a safe corridor to hold out longer, until some kind of agreement can be made for a united offense against the clans. As it stands, we are continuing operations to evacuate our people. The exodus will go on, and if need be we will part you like the Red Sea.

Posted Image

Edited by DaemonWulfe, 07 February 2015 - 01:10 PM.

#26 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:19 AM

And I'm pretty sure that despite captain deep up there, the majority of Steiner will be rational about this. We will see the clans driven back.

#27 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:21 AM

Posted Image

#28 thatrobotguy

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:54 AM

View Postdervishx5, on 07 February 2015 - 01:19 AM, said:

And I'm pretty sure that despite captain deep up there, the majority of Steiner will be rational about this. We will see the clans driven back.

Well, though he doesn't speak for SRoT (and certainly not Steiner) i have a sneaking suspicion that many people in the faction do not take the amount of ghost dropped/light zerg taken worlds by both kurita and marik lightly and will have trouble accepting this right off the bat :P you've managed to piss people off more than a tad

(disclaimer here: I don't speak in any official capacity for SRoT or Steiner)

#29 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:07 AM

View PostMurzao, on 06 February 2015 - 11:58 PM, said:

It's funny you say that, you told Kurita/FRR to stop queuing vs the clans already.

So what does that make you? and them?

That's odd. Didn't you just tell Steiner to do the same thing in your OP?

To my knowledge we weren't the ones that came up with Kuritas Operation:Possum. I also don't recall us ever caring about FRR other than as a potential attack point on the clans. So what does that make us? Interested onlookers. What does it make them? Smart. What does it make you? Late to the party.

Edited by ThomasMarik, 07 February 2015 - 04:07 AM.

#30 Revener

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSvea Rike

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:51 AM

Seriously what is the point of the CW if you don't attack the clans. Good thingI stopped defending Steiner planets .

#31 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:24 AM

Revener this is a good idea... stop attacking IS and attack Clanners instead.
Your Save Corridor into our space is BS.

We are going to Resist and Bite.

#32 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:08 AM

View Postthatrobotguy, on 07 February 2015 - 03:54 AM, said:

Well, though he doesn't speak for SRoT (and certainly not Steiner) i have a sneaking suspicion that many people in the faction do not take the amount of ghost dropped/light zerg taken worlds by both kurita and marik lightly and will have trouble accepting this right off the bat :P you've managed to piss people off more than a tad

(disclaimer here: I don't speak in any official capacity for SRoT or Steiner)

The same could be said about the fedcom aggression in the beginning weeks of CW. No one is clean here, everyone has attacked other factions and taken worlds.

#33 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

View Postthatrobotguy, on 07 February 2015 - 03:54 AM, said:

Well, though he doesn't speak for SRoT (and certainly not Steiner) i have a sneaking suspicion that many people in the faction do not take the amount of ghost dropped/light zerg taken worlds by both kurita and marik lightly

Or, you know, you could defend your planets and come up with a counter to the light rush, like everyone else, instead of cry about it on the forums.

You cry that we "ghost cap" your worlds. Who's fault is that if you don't defend them?
You cry about the light zerg
You cry when we out brawl you and take your base by the second drop.

Please stop playing the victim.

#34 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 07 February 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

The same could be said about the fedcom aggression in the beginning weeks of CW. No one is clean here, everyone has attacked other factions and taken worlds.

This. We all have issues that we need to set aside in order to deal with the Clans. If we didn't have any issues like this, we wouldn't need to scramble to put together a conference to resolve our differences and unite before the Clans overwhelm us all.

That, and organizing our defense and a new offensive against the Clans will be the whole point of tonight's Conference.

We will also need to seriously discuss agreements to temporarily trade territory, one so FRR can continue to survive as a faction that has any utility against the Clans, and two, so we can try and open up more fronts against the Clans and bring one or more of the Southern houses directly into the fight against the Clans.

#35 Hippogryph

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:55 AM

There will be many ideas at the meeting, of course.

But I'd like to spend some time defending Steiner worlds from Jade Falcon. This would permit the Skye Rangers and others to more fully commit to offensives. I expect there will be some triage to prioritize defense of the remaining Rasalhague worlds, but Marik units should be as available to assist the Lyran Commonwealth as the FRR or the DC.

The best effect I hope for from the Star League idea is a general invigoration of Inner Sphere CW players, of all factions. Davion activity has dropped off to an extreme, but they are a sleeping giant.

#36 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostDuctus Hase, on 07 February 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

Allowing Rasalhague a corridor into our space is a risk we can not take.

Even IF we would trust them to stop as soon as we close a corridor (which again depends on the algorithm) and letting them defend our planets like Wolf does for the clans - what would hinder any Unit to take up their Flag and spread on the inside?

They can make their "last stand" on their own worlds. Marik and Liao or even Davion might help them, while DCMS and Steiner fight their own fronts. If they lose their last stand there always will be their Homeplanet... they can keep fighting the Clans in the Hinterland or send Units to defend Steiner/Drac Planets.

There is no need to temporary trade territory - this only makes room for betrayal.
I am fine with organizing defensive drops... prove your will to do so by first stopping your attacks on our worlds; send your units to defend our front - you can see where the clans attack. If our worlds are secure we are going to attack full force trusting you to defend our worlds. If all of us together can´t defend 2 Fronts... well more Clanfronts will come into existance without us having to hand worlds to you guys.
If it´s a stall... you can earn our trust to make other plans.

Conference done - you are welcome.

#37 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:05 AM

View PostDuctus Hase, on 07 February 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

There is no need to temporary trade territory - this only makes room for betrayal.
I am fine with organizing defensive drops... prove your will to do so by first stopping your attacks on our worlds; send your units to defend our front - you can see where the clans attack. If our worlds are secure we are going to attack full force trusting you to defend our worlds. If all of us together can´t defend 2 Fronts... well more Clanfronts will come into existance without us having to hand worlds to you guys.
If it´s a stall... you can earn our trust to make other plans.

Conference done - you are welcome.

So, they're to defend YOUR worlds, a faction with <15 planets so you can go on the attack THEN they defend their worlds.

Get over yourselves, nobody likes Steiner that much. This is your chance to show some redeeming qualities.

#38 Docta Dakka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 173 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

remember during this "conference" that none of you speak for all of steiner.

#39 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

Do you misunderstand me on purpose?

FRR defend their own worlds.
Steiner defend their own worlds.
Dracs defend their own worlds.

Marik, Liao, Davion help where needed.
If FRR fall you help us and the Dracs... and FRR either join that defense or start a war in the Clans Hinterland.

Edited by Ductus Hase, 07 February 2015 - 10:28 AM.

#40 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:36 AM

Ductus, your post was unclear, and sounded like you were excluding the FRR front.

The very least that I expect out of this Conference is a coordination of the Southern Houses dropping in defense of Northern worlds, while the Northern worlds go on the offensive to take back worlds the Clans have conquered.

I also hope that more will be accomplished, and there will be a number of issues we will have to resolve to make even the basic hopes work (such as what to do with/about units that refuse to drop on the Clan front, or get burned out and want to take an IS vs IS break). We will have much to discuss, and there will be much that we disagree on, but I hope that we can put our disagreements and differences aside to work together on a solution to our problems, and accept that the solution that we can get all factions to agree on won't always be the best solution we could individually hope for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users