#24 ArchangelKenko

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 67 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPurvo

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:50 PM

As Capellans our philosophy was written long ago by Alanna Korvin DeVall overcome through unity, and that in order for mankind to survive and thrive, individuals must work together for the good of the Greater Humanity, and learn to identify with their collective community. Surely as noble warriors of House Liao you are familiar with the Korvin Doctrine. A philosophy we Capellans comit to heart.

I applaud your unwavering hatered of the disgusting Davion dogs, and I think I speak for every breathing Capellan here that I echo it. For too long, our planets have fallen to the FedRat oppressors and their detestable, honorless tactics. The noble warriors of House Liao must not be accused of the same while the Davions fight the Clans with us.

The filthy Canister Born must not be allowed to take Terra. This is the singular purpose that will unite all of humanity. We are called to overlook our cemturies old grudge for the benefit of all. In fighting the xenos threat, humanity stands to recover the Star League and our greatest Legacy. No more will our skills as MechWarriors be left to tarnish in antique 'Mechs while we fight amongst ourselves like children.

I'd rather return to the Star League before Amaris. Before Kerenky's cowardly flight from the Inner Sphere, tail firmly between his legs. I wish to return to the technological glory of the Star League. We can only hope to do this against our common enemy.

#25 Jerry Wargate

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:21 PM

Ive written a song... that I hope will bring the Liao together...
Put down your guns and bombs... and just make Liao forever...

We want to put an end to Clan Mechs ... We will Join with major houses including Merik...
They are basically saying they agree...

I AM JERRY WARGATE DOVE OF PEAAAACE
JERRY WARGATE DOVE OF PEAAAACE!

#26 SterlingArcher1942

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSt Ives, Capitol Apocalypse Lancer Compact

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:56 PM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 07 February 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

Well, I will continue to rally loyalist forces well past Capella into Sarna and beyond. You can thank me later.

Max, come stop by St. Ives, the beaches are great! I'll make you a drink. You're always welcome to relax on one of APOCs 4 Liao planets

#27 Jerry Wargate

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:14 AM

Posted Image

#28 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:00 AM

You all have forgotten one fact.
Rigt now we have only one fight front with Davions. If we make cheasefire with them, all we will have is only to def planets, and we will have no choice for atack. I think we need to continue to capture Davions planets and try to make corridor to DC and Jags. TCAF defs FRR and DC planets every day when it is enought attackers on it!

#29 Ajcho Delacroix

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 6 posts
  • Locationsomewhere nice

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:59 AM

A CeaseFire that leaves us with no attack options is a bad move in my opinion. There is no way we can force fights, and you cannot ghost defend. A Star League of whatever sorts can easily be countered by the Clans just defending, which leaves Marik, Davion and Liao with no games at all.

Having no games at all will result in the migration of active players, which only hurts the confederation in the long run.

my 2 cents.

#30 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:12 AM

Interesting discussion. It would appear all the clans have to do to neutralize Liao would be to simply not fight. Liao would then be left with nothing to do in Community Warfare at all.

One must wonder how long a ceasefire would last then.

#31 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:37 AM

I will propose to open second front with Steiners, close to Clans border. All we need its just do def with all our power some planet on the border. So we can obtain a second front like a Marik on 28th day of CW (see this on http://www.norrisdev.com/mwocw/ need to rewind at 28th day).

#32 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:34 AM

I must say that I do like the drama associated with this New Free Wolds League *New* Star League, however, there seems to be very little in it for the Chancellor and their people. I belong to a house unit who has a permanent contract here. How can defending another house in any way benefit the Capellan Confederation?
We can capture no new planets (or any of our old ones for the matter).
Perhaps we might open a new front to the north but that seems unlikely as well.
For now I would council attentive neutrality towards this *NEW* Star League.
The best thing Capella can do is retake Terra and in this way help to defend it from the clans.
Death to Davion

#33 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:06 AM

So looking at the map this morning Liao is not holding the cease fire ???

#34 zeninsight

• PipPip
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:34 AM

View Poststevemac, on 08 February 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

as far as i know.. no one speaking for the whole liao as a faction
especially cease fire with davions.. no nada nay tidak.. not going to happen..
if there are faction of liao that willingly to peace with davion then so be it.. for me.. no way
but on the other hand.. our team will also drop to defend against the clan if we have the time

#35 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:37 AM

As we discussed in the meeting last night, the cease fire is a "soft" cease fire, to accommodate players and units who don't want to fight the Clans. Factions have agreed to not go "all-in" on IS vs IS fronts, but that doesn't preclude players or units who don't want to fight Clans, but still want to play CW from dropping on the IS fronts.

Part of the function of the Star League organization will be to facilitate those units in each faction that don't want to fight against the Clans communicating with each other, and getting matches in against each other, without disrupting the greater political alliance.

#36 Lacewing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 238 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:41 AM

View Poststevemac, on 08 February 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

You expect the Capellan Confederation to stop attacking Fed. Suns while they're holding Capella?

#37 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:11 AM

View PostIlithi Dragon, on 08 February 2015 - 07:37 AM, said:

As we discussed in the meeting last night, the cease fire is a "soft" cease fire, to accommodate players and units who don't want to fight the Clans. Factions have agreed to not go "all-in" on IS vs IS fronts, but that doesn't preclude players or units who don't want to fight Clans, but still want to play CW from dropping on the IS fronts.

Part of the function of the Star League organization will be to facilitate those units in each faction that don't want to fight against the Clans communicating with each other, and getting matches in against each other, without disrupting the greater political alliance.

But what does that even mean? A cease fire where we just continue to fight one another? How's that going to work?

#38 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:25 AM

It seems we have also forgotten that the ones who are desiring peace the most with the Davions are the ones that decided to give up fighting them the soonest. We have made all the progress against the Davions without an ounce of their support

It's laughable that they think they can now dictate to us the terms of surrender to them *again*. Davion lapdogs!

#39 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:27 AM

I love the fact that gatekeepers are willing to help the clan front and be willing to have a ceasefire with the fed rats considering they are the largest Liao faction by most accounts yet hold their name on how many Liao planets?? Perhaps you can take a look at how TCAF has been doing things, you might even want to talk to them.. Seeing as they have time to both attack and defend Davion as well as time left over to help out Kurita. To all the other Liao units and players keep up the good fight against Davion, reclaim what is yours , seeing as the gatekeepers would prefer to let them keep what they stole then to regain it back in the chancellors honor.

#40 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:34 AM

Heaven knows, I am the last person to be accused to being a fan of the Gatekeepers, but at the same time, I'm not going to dismiss the possible merits of this venture just because it has a black hand-print on it. HLGK are not puppetmasters of this or anything, they just happen to be the ones taking the lead in handling it in these early stages. There are politics and e-peens that I don't understand at play.

What I'm trying to do is determine what the actual best course of action is, regardless of preconceptions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users