40 replies to this topic

#1 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:59 AM

Well, there are some green grass idealists out there who believe that we, the Capellan Confederation should roll over and lick the hand that has held us down for decades!
Indeed! Join a *NEW* Star League!
To whit:
  • Stop fighting the Davions just when we are making headway.
  • Spend all our hard earned treasure fighting for Davion Lapdogs against the Clans in order to save a Davion Ally that Davion themselves ignore and deride..
  • Subordinate ourselves to the interests of our worst enemies while taking orders from a bunch of turncoat Mercenaries.
  • Yes, this *NEW* Star League is very worried about MS...MS not participating! They are doing everything in their limited power to bring on board this enormous and unreliable rabble.
  • Do you want to take orders from MS who is a Merc unit? They change their stripes faster than a chameleon!
What does all this mean?

It means that Loyalists should continue to bring ruin to the House of Davion while they are away fighting on the Steiner borders against the Clan. Even if they should make a ceasefire with the FWL they will be fighting against the Clan and distracted. For us nothing would change.
However, we would have to be wary of the FWL, should House Davion persuade them that a ceasefire with them is to their benefit they might very well turn their (admittedly dangerous) eye our way.
This cannot be allowed to pass. Please remain in contact with your friends in the FWL and tell them that our Ceasefire needs to be continued.

Capellan Loyalists! Stay Loyal! Refuse this compact with the rabble of Mercenary hoards at the helm of this *NEW* Star League.

LONG LIVE THE CHANCELLOR!

*Changes made due to faulty intel!

Edited by Gorgo7, 08 February 2015 - 09:43 AM.

#2 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:06 AM

View PostGorgo7, on 08 February 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:

• Do you want to take orders from MS who changed to the FWL from Davion then attacked our stable border in an attempt to violate our ceasefire with the FWL??

Might need to correct you here. You mean PL (http://praetorian-legion.enjin.com) who Davion were loyalist mercs, who switched Marik, who attacked Liao against the cease fire, who got caught red handed by our temp FRR mercs, who made no impact what so ever, who switched back to Davion and still loses to Liao ? (Unless you meant MS as in MercenarieS.)

The only RP I will be doing is in this era Liao takes back its planets from the Davions.

Only a Com Guard aka. PGI sanctioned IS vs. Clan event who make me consider fighting along side our most hated enemy. :ph34r:

I don't see any slow down happening... Randar is down ! Next... most appropriately there is NO RETURN !!!

Posted Image

Edited by ShinVector, 08 February 2015 - 09:10 AM.

#3 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:11 AM

Damn!
You are right PL not MS....my apologies to those who I may have offended.
Still, I have fought -MS-...so there!

#4 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:28 AM

PL is beyond unimpressive. PUGS > PL

MS, on the otherhand, is an umbrella unit encompassing many individual merc units, many of whom are absolutely top notch. Yes, getting tags on a planet is all about numbers and coordination, but I think you'd be hard pressed to dislodge MS from their worlds even in a stand-up fight.

I don't pretend to understand the politics/e-peens involved in the MS/Star League feud, however.

#5 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:09 AM

Guys, feel free to do what you want. Just remember though that your actions may have consequences.

#6 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:14 AM

dervishx5,
I was wondering when the *NEW* Star League enforcers would make an appearance.
Could you be more specific? I'm not sure what you mean.
What consequences?

#7 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:14 AM

View Postdervishx5, on 08 February 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

Guys, feel free to do what you want. Just remember though that your actions may have consequences.

What does that even mean?

#8 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:16 AM

Polarizing your faction for one and going back to how you guys were when you originally lost all your planets.

Oh, you thought I was going to threaten you to help us. Nope, help is strictly voluntary. But making this into a big thing is bad for faction morale.

#9 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:18 AM

Speaking only for myself, I'm just trying to raise practical concerns.

#10 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:03 PM

I listened to the TS call for just a while, but it did seem like they were talking about MS and not PL. PL is pretty irrelevant by itself.

#11 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:28 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 08 February 2015 - 10:16 AM, said:

Polarizing your faction for one and going back to how you guys were when you originally lost all your planets.

Oh, you thought I was going to threaten you to help us. Nope, help is strictly voluntary. But making this into a big thing is bad for faction morale.

Your pardon,

We do wish to wait and see...it would be nice to retake Capella before committing to agreed upon borders.
Wouldn't you agree?

#12 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:30 PM

Sure, fine.

#13 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:36 PM

Having said that Capella would be nice the next Pan-Galactic meeting is in a week or so.
Consequently we have the time to retake "...that glorious planet, FAIR CAPELLA!"

#14 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:49 PM

We have not agreed to post Clan War borders, or really anything beyond attempting to effect an Inner Sphere wide cease fire by the organized units and that repelling the Clans is the primary objective at the moment.

We know quite well we can't do much about solo pubs. This is a known issue, but one that has been solved.

The Capitol worlds are a serious issue, I know - and I know that Davion would never have agreed to a cease fire when they had the upper hand.

I'm with you guys on this - but the opportunity to truly get organized is right here, right now.

You're not thinking about what the map may look like if there is a reset, or what might happen once factional divides are evened out. We could, potentially, regain our post-incursion borders and have little to no threat from our border neighbors. There are other possibilities, as well.

You mention queue times. Honestly, we've had more luck getting drops against the Clans - it might be a time zone thing (our ops begin at 6am Moscow time) but we're attempting to get a +GMT comp team together. The last few weeks we have been in CW.

We posited that HLGK could use it's resources to become the major organizer of game wide, League sanctioned "scrimmages" or "border wars" and broadcast a lot of information along our network already in place. Scheduling matches within a huge organization will reverse any "unlawful" attack action by unaffiliated pubs or renegade units. By weight of consensus, we can do anything we want to - that's how society works.

A new site is already in the works for the Star League, and of the 84 or so attendants that were present at the initial meeting there seemed to be a lot of talented individuals to help carry us forward.

#15 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 08 February 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

A new site is already in the works for the Star League, and of the 84 or so attendants that were present at the initial meeting there seemed to be a lot of talented individuals to help carry us forward.

I have questions:
1. What does this Star League hope to do ?
2. How does this benefit the active CW non-NA player base ?

#16 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:13 PM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 08 February 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

We have not agreed to post Clan War borders, or really anything beyond attempting to effect an Inner Sphere wide cease fire by the organized units and that repelling the Clans is the primary objective at the moment.

The Capitol worlds are a serious issue, I know - and I know that Davion would never have agreed to a cease fire when they had the upper hand.

I'm with you guys on this - but the opportunity to truly get organized is right here, right now.

I agree, however it is premature to start seriously attempting to curtail our only way of regaining our homes.
A canny leader would work it to our advantage.
If a Ceasefire is a week off then we need to regain what is ours, as fast as we can, before becoming exemplary partners in this Grand Enterprise...
Becoming an exemplary partner is a superb goal. However, it needs to be straightened out with a charter or declaration of intent or it will fall apart faster than you can shake a stick at it.
You should push for this with the support of whatever leaders you can form an alliance with.
I will bring this to Orkdung's attention and I expect my Colonel and senior officers will deal with you and the others in a way that is copacetic for all.

Hail the Chancellor!

#17 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:20 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 08 February 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

You should push for this with the support of whatever leaders you can form an alliance with.
I will bring this to Orkdung's attention and I expect my Colonel and senior officers will deal with you and the others in a way that is copacetic for all.

Hail the Chancellor!

I spoke to Orkdung and Ace before any of this began.

#18 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:30 PM

View PostShinVector, on 08 February 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

I have questions:
1. What does this Star League hope to do ?

Bring an end to the all in wars by the Great Houses, reducing the amount of squabbling to minor border trades rather than Conquests of Eradication.

View PostShinVector, on 08 February 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

2. How does this benefit the active CW non-NA player base ?

We are just now beginning to organize non-NA players. This is one of the reasons we weren't pursuing CW - we have been working quietly behind the scenes within our own unit (and forming working relations with other Liao units) that we have known about and who've made themselves available here, in this forum.

We plan to get a non-NA league organized. You see, Gatekeepers are worldwide, with members in a great many different countries and time zones. Literally from one side of the world to the other. Now we have a framework to make some neat things happen, and have been planning to host leagues for quite some time. However, it's been a monumental task to take a cross-section of the game and start polling availability time.

Really - if this was my full time job it would have already happened - alas, it is not.

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 08 February 2015 - 08:31 PM.

#19 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:40 PM

All I can say...

to those Capellans who joined the nSL, due props. Lead by example, that's all anyone in nSL can do. Don't sweat those who don't. Anyone who doesn't want to participate in something like that isn't going to be a benefit and a credit to the greater goal and objective - pushing back the Clans. That's all about putting personal opinions aside and fighting for the greater good.

Not everyone is up for that, in fact most are not. We may, if opportunity and population permits, go on the offensive in order to wagon wheel and the like. Mostly it'll be defense. We know that we'll keep getting attacked on all 3 borders; knew that when this idea first came up.

That's cool. Davion is low population right now and the direct benefit we can provide to nSL is limited anyway. Don't waste time and energy on arguing with those who, for whatever reason, choose not to be a part of the nSL.

Focus on the job at hand. It's going to take a lot of work, a lot of coordination and a lot of dedication to make the nSL work. It was never going to be all of the inner sphere - while the Clanners have managed to stay almost exclusively on point and goal oriented the IS has always been more cannibalistic. Those who do go in with the nSL are going to have to carry all the harder for it. You don't need to be wasting time, effort and energy here.

We're fine here. Davion isn't going anywhere, we never expected our borders to go quiet. Go focus on coordinating with the rest of the nSL. Everything here will sort itself out on its own and likely be little changed when you get back from Strana Mechty. Pick me up a Nicholas Kerensky bobblehead while you're there.

#20 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:31 AM

I don't know, to me fighting Davion is for the greater good of the capellan people and the Inner Sphere too. If the goal of the nSL is to eradicate the Clans, I will honor the ceasefire and guard the green border.

(Who am I kidding, I'm a solo player, I can't start a war anyway. ^^)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users