40 replies to this topic

#21 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:05 PM

Well, the next *New* space league doesn't meet for about two weeks so until then I will abide by my units take on the situation.

#22 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:37 PM

Just shoot the Davions. End of story. Who cares what a few Capellans who had already surrendered to the Davions have to say on the matter?

#23 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 09 February 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

Well, the next *New* space league doesn't meet for about two weeks so until then I will abide by my units take on the situation.

Looks at today's CW map progress...
See status quo.... I think there is no problem for Liao.

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 09 February 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

Just shoot the Davions. End of story. Who cares what a few Capellans who had already surrendered to the Davions have to say on the matter?

http://www.norrisdev.com/mwocw/
I see purple's still going in there as well.. I like.
To Liao ! Unless the Marikans gets there first then, we will have to negotiate. :P

Edited by ShinVector, 09 February 2015 - 07:41 PM.

#24 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:49 PM

View PostShinVector, on 09 February 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

Looks at today's CW map progress...
See status quo.... I think there is no problem for Liao.

http://www.norrisdev.com/mwocw/
I see purple's still going in there as well.. I like.
To Liao ! Unless the Marikans gets there first then, we will have to negotiate. :P

Drive!
Drive for the Jewel in the Liaotian crown!
Ahh, these are heady days indeed!
Although, I must say that TCAF has been a godsend.

#25 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:41 AM

View PostGorgo7, on 09 February 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

Although, I must say that TCAF has been a godsend.

TCAF along with GS have been the backbone of the CCAF since the beginning of CW.

#26 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:44 AM

View PostGorgo7, on 08 February 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:

Well, there are some green grass idealists out there who believe that we, the Capellan Confederation should roll over and lick the hand that has held us down for decades!
Indeed! Join a *NEW* Star League!
To whit:
  • Stop fighting the Davions just when we are making headway.
  • Spend all our hard earned treasure fighting for Davion Lapdogs against the Clans in order to save a Davion Ally that Davion themselves ignore and deride..
  • Subordinate ourselves to the interests of our worst enemies while taking orders from a bunch of turncoat Mercenaries.
  • Yes, this *NEW* Star League is very worried about MS...MS not participating! They are doing everything in their limited power to bring on board this enormous and unreliable rabble.
  • Do you want to take orders from MS who is a Merc unit? They change their stripes faster than a chameleon!
What does all this mean?

It means that Loyalists should continue to bring ruin to the House of Davion while they are away fighting on the Steiner borders against the Clan. Even if they should make a ceasefire with the FWL they will be fighting against the Clan and distracted. For us nothing would change.
However, we would have to be wary of the FWL, should House Davion persuade them that a ceasefire with them is to their benefit they might very well turn their (admittedly dangerous) eye our way.
This cannot be allowed to pass. Please remain in contact with your friends in the FWL and tell them that our Ceasefire needs to be continued.

Capellan Loyalists! Stay Loyal! Refuse this compact with the rabble of Mercenary hoards at the helm of this *NEW* Star League.

LONG LIVE THE CHANCELLOR!

*Changes made due to faulty intel!

Okay, not really the biggest fan of Liao, but...come on, guys: this a game. If people have fun rolling roughshod over Davion, why not do it? If "people" in Marik want to attack the weakened backside of Steiner because they're too cowardly to attack us when we don't have the Clans at the door and are afraid to face us at our strongest because they hate puppies, children, donuts, bacon, and freedom and are horrible people, well, that's fine too.

#27 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:54 AM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 10 February 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

TCAF along with GS have been the backbone of the CCAF since the beginning of CW.

Yeah, good to see GS back too.

#28 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:56 AM

Invincibility lies in the defence, the possibility of victory in the attack. If this New Star League legitimately wants our help against the Clans, then they ought to recognize our need for a Terran corridor of worlds. Like House Marik, we need to position ourselves should the Clans reach Terra. The Davions are free to test our resolve to defend the Inner Sphere, but we need to be prepared to open a Clan front. This solution should satisfy everyone, as a Capellan corridor to Terra contains many of our ancestral worlds.

#29 SterlingArcher1942

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSt Ives, Capitol Apocalypse Lancer Compact

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:01 AM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 10 February 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

No love for APOC Max :(

#30 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:04 AM

View PostSterlingArcher1942, on 10 February 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

No love for APOC Max :(

I love APOC! You know I do man! Heroes of St. Ives and all that.

But TCAF has been in Liao foreeever. The nature of your merc-ness has had you leave us a few times :)

Edited by Maxwell Albritten, 10 February 2015 - 11:04 AM.

#31 Ajcho Delacroix

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 6 posts
  • Locationsomewhere nice

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:19 AM

to be fair, GS is no loyalist unit also. We're now at the end of our 2 week contract, and before that we were CJF for one week. Plans are to return CJF for x weeks, where x has to be determined by the unit dictator.

Not sure where we will go from there, since it seems active cw players are not welcome anymore.

On a personal note, I was always a fan of the green space bad boys. I've advertised Liao in the past and will continue to do so, even if it means me getting blamed for every ghost drop and waiting game.

#32 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:03 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 10 February 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

Okay, not really the biggest fan of Liao, but...come on, guys: this a game.

*model united nations lapel badge falls from my blazer as i quiver in indignant rage* You think this is a game? a GAME? The Star League 500 is NOT a GAME

#33 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:04 PM

We are presently in talks with Davion units regarding the relinquishment of the Capitol worlds.

We might organize some sort of an event to turn a lot of them over.

Would you guys feel like you were being represented if you could:

A ) Drop against Davion units in an semi-organized way so that both sides would enjoy quick drop times, rather than 40 minute wait snorefests? Or would you rather Davion units withdraw and allow the worlds to be taken by ghost drops?

B ) Regain the Capitol worlds quicker than current queues allow?

Look guys, I'm trying...help me out.

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 10 February 2015 - 02:09 PM.

#34 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:00 PM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 10 February 2015 - 02:04 PM, said:

Would you guys feel like you were being represented if you could:

A ) Drop against Davion units in an semi-organized way so that both sides would enjoy quick drop times, rather than 40 minute wait snorefests? Or would you rather Davion units withdraw and allow the worlds to be taken by ghost drops?

B ) Regain the Capitol worlds quicker than current queues allow?

Look guys, I'm trying...help me out.

I think a case can be made to the Star League that the Capellan Confederation needs to control a corridor of worlds in the direction of Terra, the presumed target of the Clan invasion, in order to bring our full force to the fight. Organizing "training exercises" with our supposed allies as we march towards the Clan front, could go a long way towards fostering a spirit of cooperation, especially as the worlds in our path return to the Liao banner.

#35 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:05 PM

I am currently in HLGK TS if anyone would like to consult on the matter.

I'd like to send a missive within the hour.

#36 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:19 AM

View PostAjcho Delacroix, on 10 February 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

to be fair, GS is no loyalist unit also. We're now at the end of our 2 week contract, and before that we were CJF for one week. Plans are to return CJF for x weeks, where x has to be determined by the unit dictator.

Not sure where we will go from there, since it seems active cw players are not welcome anymore.

On a personal note, I was always a fan of the green space bad boys. I've advertised Liao in the past and will continue to do so, even if it means me getting blamed for every ghost drop and waiting game.

Love the GS, they're awesome and I only dropped with you guys a handful of times but been impressed ever since.

:)

#37 ShiroganeTakeru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 156 posts
  • LocationMaskirovka hideout

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:35 AM

Liao, 2596. We still have worlds to liberate, comrades.

Posted Image

#38 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:03 AM

Even though Andurien is originally capellan, I wouldn't go to war with our allies about it.

#39 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:28 AM

Andurien was originally Andurien. Then joined the League. Then was fought over a couple of times in the Age of War.Then was given to Liao to make the (first) Star League possible. That is the map above.

#40 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:37 AM

Not exactly, Andurien was part of the Sian Commonwealth and, after its dissolution, the Capellan Confederation. It was captured some time later by Marik forces and annexed by the Free Worlds League.

Edited by Thorn Hallis, 11 February 2015 - 06:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users