Weekly Review - June 29th

25 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

Weekly Review – June 29nd

And another week comes to a close. We started with the Ask The Devs 8 – Answers, followed by our striking Desktop Wallpaper 4, then the PC Gamer interview with Russ about Frozen City, and of course the amazing Weekly Screenshot 9, and then the very popular Frozen City video. After that, Russ announced that 500 Founders members would be getting Beta invites.

So, all that said, a great week to be sure! (Share your thoughts on the new map with us on the forums and stay tuned for more MechWarrior Online news.) We hope you got into our Beta, and if not, we hope you do the next time. This is clearly an on-going process.

We will add more users to the Beta as hardware allows, and we really do thank you for your patience. We’ll have more big news in the coming weeks (and months), so stay with us: There’s a lot more MechWarrior to Come!

Cheers,

The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 Lord Oonoopoo

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 26 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

its been a great week for MWO. any idea how much you guys made from the founders?

Edited by Garth Erlam, 29 June 2012 - 09:13 AM.

#3 Bombolo

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 19 posts
  • LocationGermany (Duisburg)

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

View PostLord Oonoopoo, on 29 June 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

its been a great week for MWO. any idea how much you guys made from the founders?

do you really think they will tell you? :D

#4 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

They forgot the leak :D

Or did they? :D

#5 Hawkeye 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostLord Oonoopoo, on 29 June 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

View PostBombolo, on 29 June 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

do you really think they will tell you? :D

No but I will

http://mwomercs.com/...111#entry418111

#6 TCB

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

Great news... Good job guys.

#7 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

View PostHawkeye 72, on 29 June 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

Over a million bucks! That is a milestone that surely deserves acknowledgement

Keep up the good work PGI, and keep on delivering more media of this highly anticipated game we all came to see :)

#8 Kris Osis

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Locationon the way from Huntress to Terra

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

:D im going crazy...can´t wait longer :)

#9 Durtwarrior

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 11 posts
  • LocationQuébec, Montréal

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

crossing my fingers for a beta key! :)

#10 Agent CraZy DiP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 609 posts
  • LocationAZ - USA

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

I now loath the word pending... Fingers crossed

Edit: Just noticed his beta invite post was yesterday... and seeing as how mine still says pending...

Edited by Agent CraZy DiP, 29 June 2012 - 12:46 PM.

#11 hashiman

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

well i wonder how they gona do this? what founders are gonna get picked all from legendary? or a few from each? any ideas?

#12 Nuesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 341 posts
  • LocationFreudenberg

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

Great work guys, keep it up!

#13 Drgnman

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

You seem to hide the posts on Beta Key issuing lately.....find out a day after you've done it!

Well you have our money so don't screw up and push the founders access back any later than you stated or a few of us may get a little upset.

That said the game is looking amazing and you have my faith in what you're creating.

#14 Cole Christensen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 126 posts
  • LocationOsan AB

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

Fingers crossed for more of these impromptu beta key releases. Only 500 keys gave me a 5 percent chance of getting one...

#15 DireWolf421

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationBig D

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

Really I wanted to post something a lot worse than this with a lot of cussing and ranting, but instead I'll be more mature about it.

I have the feeling that the beta test is becoming a "Founders" only club. Which really is what most game publishers are doing these days, charging for an invite to the closed beta.

Really this is the first time I've seen more beta invites sent out since before the founders pack went on sale. But only 500 went out and most of them were those that have bought the "founders package".

So really how many players got invites that didn't buy the "founders package"? 50 to 100 ? If that many..
Really I'd be surprised if it was anymore than that...

But hey their game and they decide who gets an invite or not...

Have fun to the ones that got invites!

Later

#16 Pacoua

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

It is their game. Enough said really. I think it is a nice way of showing their appreciation to the player base that is willing to support their game that, mind you, will be able to play for free......Simply put, if you are willing to help them recover the cost that was expended in making the game, I believe they will have a better quality beta tester that is more willing to help them make it better for the rest of the player base, It has always been the case in all professions, the more the person is willing to invest into a company, the more they will help that company succeed. There might be a few that is an exception to the rule but for the most part this will hold true. I think it is a wise move on their part for everyone to benefit, in the long run, for the development of the game. I'm not a beta member as of yet and I won't be upset if I don't get one at all, I've tested before and, to tell you the truth, I'd rather my accomplishment matter after playing. I've got too much else to do to devote too much time to just testing.

#17 trycksh0t

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:59 AM

View PostDireWolf421, on 29 June 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

Really I wanted to post something a lot worse than this with a lot of cussing and ranting, but instead I'll be more mature about it.

I have the feeling that the beta test is becoming a "Founders" only club. Which really is what most game publishers are doing these days, charging for an invite to the closed beta.

Really this is the first time I've seen more beta invites sent out since before the founders pack went on sale. But only 500 went out and most of them were those that have bought the "founders package".

So really how many players got invites that didn't buy the "founders package"? 50 to 100 ? If that many..
Really I'd be surprised if it was anymore than that...

But hey their game and they decide who gets an invite or not...

Have fun to the ones that got invites!

Later

Well....the first closed beta (10,000 invites, give or take) all went to non-founders, because it was obviously before the Founder's program went live.

It was announced ahead of time that closed beta 2 (starting now) would consist mostly of Founders.

Since we knew that well ahead of time, I don't see the problem here.

#18 Sky walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 800 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:21 AM

Some people forget it's an F2P game and by no means they "have" to be in Beta.
Read and understand:

1. You don't deserve to be in beta, no matter how many hours you plaid MW3 or how awesome you are.
2. You can buy 07th August early access by getting Founder Pack (even 30$ one)
3. Getting founder pack doesn't mean you will get into a game any time before 07th August - even if everyone around you did got the access already. It also doesn't mean you buy access to the beta that's currently tested. It means you buy early access on 07th August 2012.

#19 Woopass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 209 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:35 AM

-Devs,

Just curious but I recently upgrade my computer since I signed up for Beta. Will my computer specs affect me getting a beta invite? I do have a founders pack so I hope I am 1 of the 500! If anyone knows the answer to this please PM me. Many thanks!

Woopass/Sin1ster

#20 Maltduck

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

i am sick of wateing and the one with money to burn gets the beta test spots i have player mech warrior from mw3 merc days and will play it if and when we get to play it and if it is good game ill will play on if not ill dump it and find a diff game to play as it is i am wateing on it to show up tired of all the talk wont to play till i see it am not spending a dime on it MKM JUNKMAN out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users