Posted Image

#2 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:25 PM

Yeah, all their good players left, and the golden zerg wasn't capable of fighting level 36 epic raid gear equipped drac samurai lusting for their blood.

Without their level 90 mercenaries, they're nothing.

#3 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 09 February 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

Same as every other Faction currently, then.

Take your epeen and go.

*yawn*

#4 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:27 PM

They were crushing it earlier, but even pug dropping on the Clan border (sadly haven't been able to rally the troops to your House's [Marik's] incursions), I don't see many Davion players anymore. Kind of sad - I would think population-wise, they'd be a powerhouse regardless.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 09 February 2015 - 03:39 PM.

#5 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:33 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 09 February 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

They were crushing it earlier, but even pug dropping on the Clan border (sadly haven't been able to rally the troops to your House's incursions), I don't see many Davion players anymore. Kind of sad - I would think population-wise, they'd be a powerhouse regardless.

Obviously I can't say for anyone but myself. Could be burn-out, could be disappointment with various aspects of CW currently, could be fatigue with the toxicity of the general community, could be a combination of several things.

#6 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:36 PM

View PostHarathan, on 09 February 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

Obviously I can't say for anyone but myself. Could be burn-out, could be disappointment with various aspects of CW currently, could be fatigue with the toxicity of the general community, could be a combination of several things.

I could see that. Definitely experienced that myself up in Steiner-land. So many fronts and getting slapped back on all of them thanks to huge disparities in population. Even if we were butting heads with a comparatively smaller power, when they were combined with the other five to six fronts, there was no way to match the numbers to stop the ghost drops.

Looks like the mercs have bolted for other powers, though, and now we've been able to turn the tables on Ghost Bear (stopping their front altogether) and are even making albeit tiny inroads against Jade Falcon.

But yes: I get the burnout. Especially with Liao and Marik pounding away on the border and Kurita now armed with the aforementioned mercs. Hope you guys don't quit: our FedCom Alliance is one of the fun things about CW.

#7 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:38 PM

View PostHarathan, on 09 February 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

Take your epeen and go.

*yawn*

No, you see, fighting on our own against everybody, marik welfare soldiers and honorable drac samurai have both attained level 36, while the golden zerg and blue fists are mere level 21, due to being excessively carried by level 90 pro 1337 comp gamers for so long.

However, the current merc injection is greatly boosting our planet capture ratio, but at the cost of territory between purple bird of freedom and mortal kombat dragon symbol.

#8 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:55 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 09 February 2015 - 01:38 PM, said:

No, you see, fighting on our own against everybody, marik welfare soldiers and honorable drac samurai have both attained level 36, while the golden zerg and blue fists are mere level 21, due to being excessively carried by level 90 pro 1337 comp gamers for so long.

However, the current merc injection is greatly boosting our planet capture ratio, but at the cost of territory between purple bird of freedom and mortal kombat dragon symbol.

We haven't had mercs since around the start of the year. I wish we had a couple, because the population advantage that many fronts creates isn't a fun thing to play against. You have three fronts, one of them allied, and one of them heavily distracted by high-population, high-skill opponent in Jade Falcon - there's really not a comparison.

#9 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:09 PM

Davion hadn't had comp merc units since November. We had a few smaller ones that left in December and early January. The bigger issue for Davion is that most the core players in house units left. Units that fielded 20+ members early on are lucky to get 5 a night, a couple of whom generally don't want I play CW. Currently the reality of CW is that it's a new group queue game mode with no Elo. Faction membership is irrelevant, factions themselves are irrelevant, even worse that seems to be what PGI wants.

The motivation that pulled a lot of people to Davion was the idea that CW was going to be more than new maps and respawns. They wanted to invest in a faction and that to be relevant. When it turned out that wasn't possible and PGI wasn't really looking at going that way, a lot just left.

Is what it is. Those who are left probably need to consolidate and coordinate but most don't seem to have the energy or motivation for it.

#10 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:23 PM

We bumped into the same thing in Steiner, but it looks like people finally got insulted enough by CJF prancing across Coventry (not to mention Kurita, Ghost Bear, Wolf, FRR, and Marik (loudly) making inroads) to start playing again. I get what you're saying about it seeming kind of pointless, though.

CW really feels like it's being aimed solely at mercs and the rest of us are just there so they have something to shoot at. Hope you get your numbers back: we could use our allies keeping Marik honest.

#11 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:27 PM

View PostHarathan, on 09 February 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

Take your epeen and go.

*yawn*

Smallest faction, still fighting tooth and nail. *Shrug*

Maybe you just need some pride in your gameplay.

#12 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:36 PM

View PostHarathan, on 09 February 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

From the 10,000 foot view (and through communications with ex-dave pilots) Most of Dave's problems came from power struggles. A lot of people wanted to be BMOC, meanwhile keeping their people on the individual TS servers rather than the main server.

This doesn't allow for the ebb and flow of interested players as one units population wains, the rest of its members can't find a group and are stuck in the pug queue... the downward spiral commences.

#13 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:51 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 09 February 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

From the 10,000 foot view (and through communications with ex-dave pilots) Most of Dave's problems came from power struggles. A lot of people wanted to be BMOC, meanwhile keeping their people on the individual TS servers rather than the main server.

This doesn't allow for the ebb and flow of interested players as one units population wains, the rest of its members can't find a group and are stuck in the pug queue... the downward spiral commences.

No power struggles alot of it has to do with what Mischief pointed out. More people then not were not happy with the way game play folded out or it was 3 weeks on wazan that drained them not sure yet. But as to your point of the TS server that is one area we are slowly working on getting word out there on. That is the one area Merik had most factions beat on from the word go.

#14 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:54 PM

Posted Image

#15 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 09 February 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

Never experienced that, personally, but maybe some people did.

#16 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:03 AM

To be clear: I speak for me and no other former Davion players, but for me, it was a combination of the lack of coordination (when your forces are depleted you don't split them; you play damage control and stop the bleeding one wound at a time) and the attitudes of some of the players (comms discipline, flat-out ignoring drop commanders, accusations that everyone who wins against us is hax0rs, and giving up the moment things stopped being amazing every night).

#17 Robin Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 337 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:09 AM

I am sure the AFFS and all of the FedSuns aligned units will be back on track soon. Anyway, I wish them well.

(Yeah I know, right now I am sporting the FRR insignia...)

#18 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:18 AM

No doubt. It was about finding a place that fit my playstyle and my personality, though. Pre-CW, I was happy with where I was. Post-CW, it wasn't a good fit for me anymore. These things happen.

#19 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:12 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 09 February 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

Yeah, all their good players left, and the golden zerg wasn't capable of fighting level 36 epic raid gear equipped drac samurai lusting for their blood.

Just a point of order here, NKVA has been whupping Davion and we're pretty much all in trial mechs. I'm not saying some of the other cool kids who have been whupping davion haven't had better mechs and more playtime than us, but that's not what makes the difference.

#20 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:40 AM

Davion has a very small population of experienced pilots. The majority of our pilots are new players. Every faction has more experienced pilots than us now. Davion is a faction that most new players want to play. Sadly they get destroyed rather quickly and leave for other factions and the cycle continues. Those few of us that have remained loyal through the good days and bad continue to defend. We are like the FFR, except the clans are the other IS factions. Outnumbered and outgunned but never giving up. This we'll defend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users