#21 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:01 AM

View PostJavin, on 10 February 2015 - 04:40 AM, said:

Davion has a very small population of experienced pilots. The majority of our pilots are new players. Every faction has more experienced pilots than us now. Davion is a faction that most new players want to play. Sadly they get destroyed rather quickly and leave for other factions and the cycle continues. Those few of us that have remained loyal through the good days and bad continue to defend. We are like the FFR, except the clans are the other IS factions. Outnumbered and outgunned but never giving up. This we'll defend.

Very sorry that you feel that way about the pilots in your faction. For the drops I've made, the Steiner-Aligned units have been worthy and honorable opponents and I've enjoyed every match against you.

I do agree on the overall notion though that large-scale ghost dropping (especially just before cease fire) is way too powerful and rewards quantity of players over quality of play. The Comstar Irregulars (CI) who moved from CSJ to HK have proven just that by overwhelming clan planets the same way our plantes got overwhelmed just before.

In my opinoion, ghost dropping needs to be severely limited and/or punished during ceasefire to make contesting plantes much more feasable and rewarding even to smaller units.

Edited by SethAbercromby, 10 February 2015 - 05:02 AM.

#22 Brew E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 467 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:47 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 February 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

Davion hadn't had comp merc units since November. We had a few smaller ones that left in December and early January. The bigger issue for Davion is that most the core players in house units left. Units that fielded 20+ members early on are lucky to get 5 a night, a couple of whom generally don't want I play CW. Currently the reality of CW is that it's a new group queue game mode with no Elo. Faction membership is irrelevant, factions themselves are irrelevant, even worse that seems to be what PGI wants.

The motivation that pulled a lot of people to Davion was the idea that CW was going to be more than new maps and respawns. They wanted to invest in a faction and that to be relevant. When it turned out that wasn't possible and PGI wasn't really looking at going that way, a lot just left.

Is what it is. Those who are left probably need to consolidate and coordinate but most don't seem to have the energy or motivation for it.

This is a pretty spot on honest assessment of CW and lack of an in depth feel of CW in general.

Edited by Brew E, 10 February 2015 - 06:54 AM.

#23 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:42 AM

You will never find a more honest and open group than a loyal Davion team.

People can comment all they want about this and that, but the AFFS Command and their loyal teams are not ever deceptive.

#24 TheDevilsIncarnate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationOutside Your House With A 'Mech

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:58 AM

It's a combination of college and lack of satisfaction from capturing planets. Not only does pug dropping reward more, I have very little impact on the current iteration of CW, even with the 200+ members of the RRB. I love my family at the RRB, and once a ranger always a ranger, but I have a serious aversion to the current CW.

#25 Pinto Schnyder

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:22 PM

Gotta go with least in my observation CW is a rather large disapointment I've wandered back a little into mwo due to curiousity and urban mech (ok mostly urban mech) and I'm finding that cw is just soul curshing even with good cordination when you get stomped by a zerg rush of meta tidal waves. I hate the idea that i'm gonna have to respec most of my mechs to meta just to be compedtive I enjoy having my own unique setups that work fine in normal drops but when it comes to cw its blegh.

The rewards for cw are also horrible I rather die in a 0-12 match with pugs as Id make more c-bills then 800 damage in a cw match.

I really like to see everyone focus on pushing clans back possibly knocking them out of the runniing then we go back to our regularly scheduled innersphere bickering drama then go to solaris for some a few ppc shots!

#26 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:38 PM

View PostTheDevilsIncarnate, on 10 February 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

It's a combination of college and lack of satisfaction from capturing planets. Not only does pug dropping reward more, I have very little impact on the current iteration of CW, even with the 200+ members of the RRB. I love my family at the RRB, and once a ranger always a ranger, but I have a serious aversion to the current CW.

That was probably my biggest beef there. I miss you guys, but out of that 200 I would see maybe the same 15 people on for most of CW primetime, on a good night, and 8 or so had no interest in CW. Again, that's not a fault, it just wasn't where I needed to be to get the experience I was looking for in MWO.

Edited by Valar13, 10 February 2015 - 01:39 PM.

#27 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:02 PM

View PostHarathan, on 09 February 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

Never experienced that, personally, but maybe some people did.

Before Beta, the Davion forum wars as to who would be in charge were epic. Illithi's attempt to speak to all the faction heads really opened our eyes to how fragmented the IS was. I believe there was no less than 5 Steiner units who believed they were 'the voice of Steiner'.

#28 BaconCouch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:48 PM

Personally, i blame the same boring tactics, same boring spam. I'm sick of it, and wont be playing again until after that is fixed.

#29 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 February 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

Davion hadn't had comp merc units since November. We had a few smaller ones that left in December and early January. The bigger issue for Davion is that most the core players in house units left. Units that fielded 20+ members early on are lucky to get 5 a night, a couple of whom generally don't want I play CW. Currently the reality of CW is that it's a new group queue game mode with no Elo. Faction membership is irrelevant, factions themselves are irrelevant, even worse that seems to be what PGI wants. The motivation that pulled a lot of people to Davion was the idea that CW was going to be more than new maps and respawns. They wanted to invest in a faction and that to be relevant. When it turned out that wasn't possible and PGI wasn't really looking at going that way, a lot just left. Is what it is. Those who are left probably need to consolidate and coordinate but most don't seem to have the energy or motivation for it.

Quoted for truth. While I don't speak for my unit (don't let the bear fool you, I'm on temporary leave to see CW from the other side) the C4 folks still normally field 12+ every night of good players who just don't feel that CW is worth the time. If you're attacking, the rewards are horrible. If you're defending, 2 waves of IS light rush is awful to defend. Counter attack is fun, and actually rewarding. Wait time is awful. Defending against the clans while the factions we are defending for refuse to attack is pointless.

There is no depth beyond earning C-Bills, and until that happens it will be hard to bring people over to CW since you make more per hour in regular drops. PGI needs to get some depth to CW if they are going to make it better.

#30 ATM87

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:37 PM

The problem I've been encountering with CW is that I'm not a member of any groups (mostly due to my own lack of initiative admittedly) So when I joined CW, I expected to be fighting against Liao, Kurita, and sometimes Marik. Instead, it's been drop after drop on defense (no groups join attack drops) against the clans.

And I'm sick to death of dying to the clans.

I'm not a great pilot. I maybe score 0 kills, 7 assists, and roughly 300 damage a match. but in CW against the clans, I'm lucky to score that for the entire match. That's 4 mechs that I should be doing mediocre in. Instead, I have a tendency to die coming around corners, poking my head over hills...

I could make more in PUG drops in the same amount of time I spend looking for a match in CW and playing a match I'm doomed to lose.

Oh, and then the loyalty point screen complains at you when you lose as well.

Back to PUG dropping.

#31 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:29 PM

View PostATM87, on 10 February 2015 - 09:37 PM, said:

The problem I've been encountering with CW is that I'm not a member of any groups (mostly due to my own lack of initiative admittedly) So when I joined CW, I expected to be fighting against Liao, Kurita, and sometimes Marik. Instead, it's been drop after drop on defense (no groups join attack drops) against the clans.

And I'm sick to death of dying to the clans.

I'm not a great pilot. I maybe score 0 kills, 7 assists, and roughly 300 damage a match. but in CW against the clans, I'm lucky to score that for the entire match. That's 4 mechs that I should be doing mediocre in. Instead, I have a tendency to die coming around corners, poking my head over hills...

I could make more in PUG drops in the same amount of time I spend looking for a match in CW and playing a match I'm doomed to lose.

Oh, and then the loyalty point screen complains at you when you lose as well.

Back to PUG dropping.

Davion does attack and defend against it's IS neighbors. I would visit their teamspeak, even if you don't have a mic. You can listen in and coordinate with other groups. I would avoid playing solo against the Clans though.

Also, 12 man groups (they don't have to be in a unit or anything) get 'priority' in CW- they get drops faster than solo players.

#32 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:31 AM

View PostDavers, on 10 February 2015 - 10:29 PM, said:

Davion does attack and defend against it's IS neighbors. I would visit their teamspeak, even if you don't have a mic. You can listen in and coordinate with other groups. I would avoid playing solo against the Clans though.

Also, 12 man groups (they don't have to be in a unit or anything) get 'priority' in CW- they get drops faster than solo players.

Do they? Unfortunately being up in Steinerland, I can't see what the numbers are down there, but I haven't seen Davion take or hold a world in months: it just seems like Liao, Marik, and Kurita are stomping through at will. Wish I could drop down yonder - we ARE the FedCom, after all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users