57 replies to this topic

#1 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:11 AM

As predicted, talks with Davion have broken down. Their arrogance and entitlement have doomed this harder than the school of public opinion within Liao. We have other threats brewing, and HLGK will share all intelligence gathered by our spies, infiltrators and interrogators with the House at large. We hope the community can forgive us for the last few days, and rest assured that House Liao is the only Great House that matters to us.

It was clear that something different is required. We tried the diplomatic solution that was proposed, and in good faith brought the message back to our beloved Great House. In doing this, we feel we have more than shown that HLGK is willing to work with anyone that wants to work with us. We have shown the rest of the Inner Sphere that Liao is willing to talk - but some things can never be off the table.

Many thanks to the unit commanders that helped out with this. Your support was greatly appreciated, given the backlash we knew would erupt over the mere suggestion of ceasefire.

However, the Liao community has spoken, and when your desires echo mine so strongly...well, I struggled to keep my mouth shut during the negotiation proceedings. Perhaps however, a great deal of good has come from this already.

I honestly feel this is the most our House has ever come to reaching a consensus on ANYTHING, and might be the first time we've ever really had a discussion like this. I hope we can work together more closely in the future, with less tension and with more of a spirit of cooperation and goodwill. I feel good about the future, as we have built some relationships that will prove their worth going forward.

That said...

I formally retract the call for ceasefire against House Davion.

They think they still hold the upper hand and have been insufferable during negotiations. You'd think they'd show greater humility than we have at this point in CW. We will be activating units EVERY NIGHT until we bleed from the eyes. We've trained hard, and we've been fighting the clans. We're with you guys, all the way to Tikonov.

HLGK will still defend FRR (there's always drops up north) and continue to work with SoR and the nSL. We believe in the idea of a new Star League, and going forward it may be more practical.

The arrogant FedSuns must die, however. Perhaps once the corridor is created, we can revisit this...when they know their new place on the food chain.

Let us put this smear on our honor behind us, now that we know where everyone stands. We have important information regarding an potential upset to our House's security that will threaten us TOMORROW.

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 11 February 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#2 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

While I will not comment on the topic at hand, I will congratulate House Liao on their ability to begin organizing and having their units communicate together both in and out of game. As our friend and ally enshrined in the Concord of Kapteyn, it is wonderful to see the Capellans working towards a collective consensus.

#3 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:57 AM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 11 February 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

Posted Image

#4 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:06 PM

Are there active people for Davion? I saw a few pug-dropping on the Steiner border, but I haven't seen organized drops for a while. Part of that could be the fact I'm way up in Steiner space and, unlike our Davion allies, I can't bounce down to their territory to help out. It just seems like the speed at which Davion is being chewed up, how many of those drops are ghost drops or pug drops?

Honestly curious. Seems like Davion needs a population boost badly.

#5 Lance425

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 110 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:31 PM

I wouldn't presume to speak for the rest of Davion, but I find CW insufferable. There are still lots of Davions, and most of us played the proverbial poo out of CW when it first came out. I just don't see the point. If it's not fun, then it's not fun. I believe PGI will tweak it, but until then, if I want to grind against zerg rushes I'll just play Clash of Clans. Otherwise I'm staying in the Pub Queue.

#6 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 11 February 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

Are there active people for Davion? I saw a few pug-dropping on the Steiner border, but I haven't seen organized drops for a while. Part of that could be the fact I'm way up in Steiner space and, unlike our Davion allies, I can't bounce down to their territory to help out. It just seems like the speed at which Davion is being chewed up, how many of those drops are ghost drops or pug drops?

Honestly curious. Seems like Davion needs a population boost badly.

Davion sure acts like it has players. Until I see they are getting boosted rewards I have to assume they are still one of the larger factions.

#7 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

If you're not in the line of fire, then you have nothing to worry about other than possibly a desire to watch fireworks.

Besides, we're Liao. Generally, zergs are booooooring and the general preference in the units I drop with (and I make a habit to try and drop in every Liao-aligned unit I get the chance to) is overwhelming in favor of "shoot everything but the generators until we run out of robots to shoot". Most zergs I see are people attacking us, rather than the other way round.

#8 ArchangelKenko

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 67 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPurvo

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

Locked, and ready to rock, boss.

#9 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:59 PM

Awwwwwww yeaaaaa!

This bus ain't stoppin' till New Avalon!

To the Davion complaining about zerg rushes: I honestly can't recall the last time I was part of a zerg rush. For more than a month the standard tactic has been 48 kills or bust.

Edited by Maxwell Albritten, 11 February 2015 - 01:08 PM.

#10 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:01 PM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 11 February 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

As predicted, talks with Davion have broken down. Their arrogance and entitlement have doomed this harder than the school of public opinion within Liao. We have other threats brewing, and HLGK will share all intelligence gathered by our spies, infiltrators and interrogators with the House at large. We hope the community can forgive us for the last few days, and rest assured that House Liao is the only Great House that matters to us.

It was clear that something different is required. We tried the diplomatic solution that was proposed, and in good faith brought the message back to our beloved Great House. In doing this, we feel we have more than shown that HLGK is willing to work with anyone that wants to work with us. We have shown the rest of the Inner Sphere that Liao is willing to talk - but some things can never be off the table.

Many thanks to the unit commanders that helped out with this. Your support was greatly appreciated, given the backlash we knew would erupt over the mere suggestion of ceasefire.

However, the Liao community has spoken, and when your desires echo mine so strongly...well, I struggled to keep my mouth shut during the negotiation proceedings. Perhaps however, a great deal of good has come from this already.

I honestly feel this is the most our House has ever come to reaching a consensus on ANYTHING, and might be the first time we've ever really had a discussion like this. I hope we can work together more closely in the future, with less tension and with more of a spirit of cooperation and goodwill. I feel good about the future, as we have built some relationships that will prove their worth going forward.

That said...

They think they still hold the upper hand and have been insufferable during negotiations. You'd think they'd show greater humility than we have at this point in CW. We will be activating units EVERY NIGHT until we bleed from the eyes. We've trained hard, and we've been fighting the clans. We're with you guys, all the way to Tikonov.

HLGK will still defend FRR (there's always drops up north) and continue to work with SoR and the nSL. We believe in the idea of a new Star League, and going forward it may be more practical.

The arrogant FedSuns must die, however. Perhaps once the corridor is created, we can revisit this...when they know their new place on the food chain.

Let us put this smear on our honor behind us, now that we know where everyone stands. We have important information regarding an potential upset to our House's security that will threaten us TOMORROW.

If Davion HC truly did make that call, to not at least set aside old differences for the time being...My decision to relocate is once more vindicated.

Details, please?

Edited by Valar13, 11 February 2015 - 01:03 PM.

#11 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:17 PM

View PostValar13, on 11 February 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

Details, please?

No name and shame here.

Let's just say they didn't like any of our ideas, and thought they were in a position to intimidate us.

#12 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 11 February 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

No name and shame here.

Let's just say they didn't like any of our ideas, and thought they were in a position to intimidate us.

So diplomacy was rejected in retaking lost worlds for Liao?

The suggestion I've been mulling over is to cede the St. Ives' Compact in exchange for Capella and other lost worlds if resources (the algorithm) permit. Though I know the Compact has long been a sticking point for the Confederation, I know too the pride FedCom takes in its younger neighbor.

Edited by Valar13, 11 February 2015 - 01:24 PM.

#13 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:35 PM

Posted Image

#14 Malavai Fletcher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 143 posts
  • LocationErrrrr....C3?

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:49 PM

View PostValar13, on 11 February 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

So diplomacy was rejected in retaking lost worlds for Liao?

The suggestion I've been mulling over is to cede the St. Ives' Compact in exchange for Capella and other lost worlds if resources (the algorithm) permit. Though I know the Compact has long been a sticking point for the Confederation, I know too the pride FedCom takes in its younger neighbor.

Or,we keep hold of St.Ives and keep on taking their planets until we meet up with the clan front.

Win win,we get our planets back and get a clan front!

#15 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostMalavai Fletcher, on 11 February 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Or,we keep hold of St.Ives and keep on taking their planets until we meet up with the clan front.

Win win,we get our planets back and get a clan front!

Just throwing out diplomatic suggestions. /shrug If you guys feel diplomacy has failed, it's your prerogative as to where that takes you.

#16 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:21 PM

Compromise can only happen if both sides are willing to do so.. It has always been very clear in my mind that Davion loyalist units refuse to do so with Liao and always have.. If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it can never become anything else but a duck.

Perhaps now Blackhand , you will understand why so many members of Liao , thought your proposal for ceasefire was crazy. Now is the time to show no mercy to Davion. Do not stop after the capitals have been restored in name of the chancellor, break the Davions spirit,mind,and body into the point where they are begging Liao to stop.

Then point out to them very politely , that they had their chance.

Edited by Grynos, 11 February 2015 - 02:29 PM.

#17 Vandril

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 104 posts
  • LocationOuterspace

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:23 PM

View PostLance425, on 11 February 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

I wouldn't presume to speak for the rest of Davion, but I find CW insufferable. There are still lots of Davions, and most of us played the proverbial poo out of CW when it first came out. I just don't see the point. If it's not fun, then it's not fun. I believe PGI will tweak it, but until then, if I want to grind against zerg rushes I'll just play Clash of Clans. Otherwise I'm staying in the Pub Queue.

Rather than run from the zerg rush, I preferred to learn how to fight it. With that said, CW is constantly evolving in tactics and zerg rushes are pretty much a Dav tactic (although I have read that Marik use it as well on occasion). To each their own, but a month away means you have missed some significant changes. At the end of the day, have fun and see you on the battlefield.

#18 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:36 PM

I was willing to give Davion a chance.

I am also quite willing to blow up anything working for the Federated Suns.

Option #2 is the one that's currently available.

Boom boom.

#19 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:40 PM

Hmm... maybe when I get back onto the game, we'll switch from whatever unit to whoevers bordered with Davion and start munching on planets for breakfast then. Because Sunny D is delicious...

#20 Malphaeus

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationDeep Space

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:41 PM

Well, I thought there would be a little more time in the cease fire. Though I felt it wouldn't last long. Who knew it would fail so quickly?

Oh well, back to fighting the Davs. It's good to be Liao.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users