57 replies to this topic

#21 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:04 PM

Would any Liao representatives be willing to talk with me on Enjin or MWO PM about this? I'm hearing things from both sides that neither would want me to repeat in an open forum, so I'd rather discuss this in private.

Edit: Keep in mind I have no diplomatic powers, but I would like to help resolve this if I can do so.

Edited by Valar13, 11 February 2015 - 03:05 PM.

#22 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:11 PM

View PostValar13, on 11 February 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

Would any Liao representatives be willing to talk with me on Enjin or MWO PM about this? I'm hearing things from both sides that neither would want me to repeat in an open forum, so I'd rather discuss this in private.

Edit: Keep in mind I have no diplomatic powers, but I would like to help resolve this if I can do so.

Oh oh oh..... What did they say..... Promise I will not tell a soul.

If you have no diplomatic powers, then why trouble yourself with it? Nothing will be resolved and you might even create a situation worse than it already is. Do yourself a favor , and leave it alone.

Edited by Grynos, 11 February 2015 - 03:13 PM.

#23 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostVandril, on 11 February 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

Rather than run from the zerg rush, I preferred to learn how to fight it. With that said, CW is constantly evolving in tactics and zerg rushes are pretty much a Dav tactic (although I have read that Marik use it as well on occasion). To each their own, but a month away means you have missed some significant changes. At the end of the day, have fun and see you on the battlefield.

I've found a basic rule of thumb when it comes to stopping an organized (read 10-12 man) zerg rush of lights is that you need 6+ skilled pilots on the defending team. That means people who can read the map and who actually can shoot. At that point, you just meet the zerg rush as far out as you can, and leg them until the rush is killed. If you don't have at least 6 skilled players, it's almost pointless. All that ends up happening is your hapless bads shoot once at the CT of firestarters as they run by, then shoot you in the back and tear you up with misplaced strikes, as you proceed to watch the gens all go down in seconds.

As an attacker, I HATE doing the zerg, but there are times you need to do it based on time till cease fire and queue numbers. With a solid pre-made group, you can drop and win 2-3 attacking matches in the time it takes to win 1 attrition attack.

#24 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:20 PM

View PostGrynos, on 11 February 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

Oh oh oh..... What did they say..... Promise I will not tell a soul.

If you have no diplomatic powers, then why trouble yourself with it? Nothing will be resolved and you might even create a situation worse than it already is. Do yourself a favor , and leave it alone.

In order to take the burden off of people who do. I'm not promising any solutions, in fact, I promise I'm not going to offer any solutions in the first place, because it's not my place.

Just voluntarily making someone else's job easier by having both sides ready to go in a neat, compact brief.

Sorry if that's something you have a problem with.

Edited by Valar13, 11 February 2015 - 03:20 PM.

#25 DelRico

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:20 PM

I like the idea of digging a chanel all the way up into Davion territory until we have a Clan front... I'd say its a great goal to achieve.

#26 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostValar13, on 11 February 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

In order to take the burden off of people who do. I'm not promising any solutions, in fact, I promise I'm not going to offer any solutions in the first place, because it's not my place.

Just voluntarily making someone else's job easier by having both sides ready to go in a neat, compact brief.

Sorry if that's something you have a problem with.

I have no problem with it.. what burden?? Davion wants to destroy Liao, that has never changed. Liao wants respect from Davion , that will never change. Davion looks at Liao as insignificant , that will never change. So what is there to talk about.

#27 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:37 PM

View PostGrynos, on 11 February 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

I have no problem with it.. what burden?? Davion wants to destroy Liao, that has never changed. Liao wants respect from Davion , that will never change. Davion looks at Liao as insignificant , that will never change. So what is there to talk about.

Sometimes having all the facts on the table, or as many as you can round up, ahead of time is helpful. Rest assured I'm not overstepping my bounds or making decisions on behalf of anyone. Just offering to take statements and report them up the chain.

I think it's a bit of an overcomplication to call the relationship anything more complex than both wanting to destroy the other. I don't think either side much cares if the other respects them.

#28 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:41 PM

But to clarify, if you're already talking to actual diplomats, don't bother as there's nothing I can do that they can't, and more, in that case.

Better?

Edited by Valar13, 11 February 2015 - 03:42 PM.

#29 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:42 PM

Davions only understand losing, no point in wasting time trying to "talk" anymore.

Edited by Maxwell Albritten, 11 February 2015 - 03:42 PM.

#30 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:43 PM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 11 February 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

I've found a basic rule of thumb when it comes to stopping an organized (read 10-12 man) zerg rush of lights is that you need 6+ skilled pilots on the defending team. That means people who can read the map and who actually can shoot. At that point, you just meet the zerg rush as far out as you can, and leg them until the rush is killed. If you don't have at least 6 skilled players, it's almost pointless. All that ends up happening is your hapless bads shoot once at the CT of firestarters as they run by, then shoot you in the back and tear you up with misplaced strikes, as you proceed to watch the gens all go down in seconds.

As an attacker, I HATE doing the zerg, but there are times you need to do it based on time till cease fire and queue numbers. With a solid pre-made group, you can drop and win 2-3 attacking matches in the time it takes to win 1 attrition attack.

With a semi skilled 12 man, a light rush can be prevented rather easily. I will not go into specifics about it on the forums due to some trade secrets that could be compromised. Doing a light rush and knowing how to light rush are two very different things. A skilled 12 man that knows how to light rush , will win roughly 75%-80% of the time on average. On some maps it is even higher than that.
Attrition battles are more about the more skilled and/or tactically sound group. Pug vs pug is a coin flip. Pug vs a skilled unit , the skilled unit will win roughly 80%-90% of the time. A lot of that has to do with knowing how to advance, where to advance, when to retreat etc.

#31 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:52 PM

I am sure Davion presented their "facts". ;)

Liao has always been Davion's preferred target. They have a 'Manifest Destiny' approach to Liao. I am glad Liao took the time to explore the possibility of peace, but I am sure they knew it was ultimately futile.

#32 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostDavers, on 11 February 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

I am sure Davion presented their "facts". ;)

Liao has always been Davion's preferred target. They have a 'Manifest Destiny' approach to Liao. I am glad Liao took the time to explore the possibility of peace, but I am sure they knew it was ultimately futile.

They were already talking to our diplomats, so I left it at that.
Either way, Davion doesn't trust me at this point, so they weren't eager to say much to me anyway and I don't think I have too much of a reputation at all with Liao, good or bad. /shrug Not my job, not my problem, I agree.

Edited by Valar13, 11 February 2015 - 04:01 PM.

#33 Malavai Fletcher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 143 posts
  • LocationErrrrr....C3?

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:13 PM

The issue for me isn't wether davion likes/hates/pities/wants to wipe us of the face of the universe,i couldn't care less.

The issue being a Liao is some of our planets are in davion controlled space and we have no clan front.

So clearly,like i posted before,we take back what is ours,then carve a path through davion space until the davions run out and are replaced by the test tube babies.

#34 100mile

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

@ Zvolimir the Blackhand....you asked for all the planets between what you currently have and Tikonov...effectively half of Davions current faction space. Your offer was never a serious one. If Liao wants to come discuss things seriously please let us know.

#35 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:14 PM

I assume HLGK people should have no more problems doing faction drops with the us (if they are available) now that this little issue has been sorted out ?

#36 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:31 PM

Hey I solo dropped with you Shin even during the ceasefire (b/c I don't represent HLGK at the time). So much easier than fighting clans ;)

#37 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:23 PM

View PostEylradjaw, on 11 February 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

I like the idea of digging a chanel all the way up into Davion territory until we have a Clan front... I'd say its a great goal to achieve.

I regret to inform you that regardless of what direction you channel through Davion territory, you will not find any Clan front on the toher side.

#38 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:22 AM

Dragons here. You have a friend, Capellans.

#39 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:37 AM

I think when the glorious forces of Dear Coordinator encounter the noble warriors of House Liao somewhere roughly in the middle of what is currently, temporarily still considered Davion Space, we should have a cool party and celebrate.

#40 Will HellFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:41 AM

Ceasefire? What ceasefire?

Forward, to New Avalon! For the Chancellor!

GS has been fighting every night for the past two weeks on the Davion front, helping capture a planet a night. Ghost drops have been in the minority (about 10% Id say), most have been pug drops; which, due to the poor quality of Davion Pilots have been much fun and demoralizing for them. Ocasionally a 12 man unit would show itself only to get kicked in the nuts consistently.

We all know how CW works, and is it stands now, the loyal Liao forces are an unstoppable killing machine. Unless some big merc unit joins the Fedrats, this is going to be an easy walk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users