"i've Got A Better Idea - How About We Fight, And You Die?"

57 replies to this topic

#41 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:31 AM

View Post100mile, on 11 February 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

@ Zvolimir the Blackhand....you asked for all the planets between what you currently have and Tikonov...effectively half of Davions current faction space. Your offer was never a serious one. If Liao wants to come discuss things seriously please let us know.

Allright, I knew that general education in Davion space was bad, but I never expected it to be THAT bad.

Posted Image

Half of current faction space? Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

#42 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:00 AM

View PostValar13, on 11 February 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

Would any Liao representatives be willing to talk with me on Enjin or MWO PM about this? I'm hearing things from both sides that neither would want me to repeat in an open forum, so I'd rather discuss this in private.

Edit: Keep in mind I have no diplomatic powers, but I would like to help resolve this if I can do so.

I appreciate the offer of House Marik mediation, as the Free Worlds League set a precedent for cooperation with their tunnel through the Draconis Combine in an attempt to reach the Clan front. You are in a unique position to explain the need the Capellan Confederation has for a line of worlds that would position us to fight the Clans. For a new Star League alliance to work, we must all have a stake in defeating the Clans. However, as a mediator, you have your work cut out for you.

When House Davion rejected our request for a corridor of worlds reaching towards Terra out of hand, they demonstrated that they do not respect us as an ally or an enemy. Without mutual respect, I do not see how negotiations can proceed. House Liao has little choice but to earn that respect in the only place where our long time opponents will acknowledge us, on the battlefield.

I am grateful for the continued respect demonstrated to us by our Free Worlds League neighbors. I welcome your continued discussion with our representatives. Please inform us when House Davion is willing to join in rational conversation. In the meantime, please excuse us as we strengthen our bargaining position.

#43 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:07 AM

View PostMalavai Fletcher, on 11 February 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Or,we keep hold of St.Ives and keep on taking their planets until we meet up with the clan front.

Win win,we get our planets back and get a clan front!

Race you there.

#44 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:14 AM

One thing to keep in mind is the inherent unpredictability of the algorithm. It may push up to Tikonov directly. It may meander through a full third or more of Davion space first. It may never reach Tikonov. I can certainly understand both sides' POV here though - Liao has more investment if they can directly pressure the Clans, making their advance slower still for the added weight if your forces on their backs; Davion doesn't want to risk losing huge swaths of territory with Kurita breathing down their necks. As others have pointed out, it's a bold request of a new and tense alliance to ask for territory they didn't take from you in the first place.

Again, I'm in no position to suggest a solution, but perhaps you could try limited "tweak the algorithm" tests as we have done with Roadbeer Island. Take worlds and have Davion trade one of your held worlds in turn the next attack cycle. It's still highly erratic, though, and may never go the way you hope. Fresh alliances have to be approached carefully and one step at a time.

Edited by Valar13, 12 February 2015 - 04:18 AM.

#45 ShiroganeTakeru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 156 posts
  • LocationMaskirovka hideout

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:29 AM

Now A-01 can kill the davs legally. Nice. They drown in their own blood.

#46 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:31 AM

Posted Image

#47 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:37 AM

View PostShiroganeTakeru, on 12 February 2015 - 04:29 AM, said:

Now A-01 can kill the davs legally. Nice. They drown in their own blood.

My friend, slaughtering Fedcom Pigs is always legal in the Inner Sphere.

#48 ShiroganeTakeru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 156 posts
  • LocationMaskirovka hideout

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:45 AM

View Posthopterque, on 12 February 2015 - 04:37 AM, said:

I had a feeling that it isnt right when nSL was announced. But now I am relived.

#49 ArchangelKenko

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 67 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPurvo

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:47 AM

View PostShiroganeTakeru, on 12 February 2015 - 04:45 AM, said:

I had a feeling that it isnt right when nSL was announced. But now I am relived.

Fortunately, "back to the drawing board" here means that we indiscriminately slaughter FedSun trash.

#50 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:32 PM

We have a thriving trade exporting them to Marik to make Space Bacon. The market can't get enough!

#51 ArchangelKenko

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 67 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPurvo

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:42 PM

View Postwanderer, on 12 February 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

We have a thriving trade exporting them to Marik to make Space Bacon. The market can't get enough!

Posted Image

I'm gonna leave this here...

Edited by ArchangelKenko, 12 February 2015 - 04:44 PM.

#52 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:42 PM

I told you davion has no honor, green sword.

#53 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:05 PM

Congrats to Liao for the huge gains!

#54 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:09 PM

I'd just like to say, that right now, Liao and Kurrita are my favorite factions.

I like yer style.

#55 E_Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSPAAAAAACE!

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:45 PM

As a grunt for Davion, I would like to point out that the only "Diplomatic Solution" I heard about was Liao demanding some worlds in Davion space.

But not just a handful of worlds. Oh no.

You guys wanted close to 70 worlds, free of charge, near Terra, including several great canonical worlds such as Cappella and Liao.
Now, I won't pretend that Davion has an infinite supply of players... or anything near that.
But being that deep in Davion space still doesn't get you your corridor to the clans.
You guys are out of your minds if you seriously think that trying to take such a large swath of worlds from Davion to keep a temporary ceasefire in place is diplomatic and rational...

I hear baijiu is pretty strong. Especially when taken by the gallon.

Edited by AstroTiki, 12 February 2015 - 10:51 PM.

#56 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:20 AM

You could have returned those worlds to the Confederation without the loss of life. Now you will lose both.

#57 Jochi Kondur

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:23 AM

No more talk about Capella, all Liao patriots should drop into CW and attack now to reclaim it from the DavRats!

For the Chancellor!

#58 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:05 AM

It's OK, Davions. Let explain it.

Posted Image

The darkened sections would be what was lost by the Confederation when you invaded back during the 4th Succession War, including attempting to split off Tikonov and St. Ives as client-states. As a wedding present for the Steiners.

We'll be taking those back now. You can either surrender them, or we can enrich their economies from the salvage of Davion wreckage. Either is acceptable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users