• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:01 AM

View PostTunes of war, on 12 February 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

unit members

Im not in any leadership capacity with MS but i do find that odd since the only time I have ever seen single players recruited was if they were pugs in pug matches. The only time ive seen people who had tags on approached is if it were in regards to approaching a whole unit but also MS doesn't really go out of its way to recruit people either from what Ive seen in the last month being here.

#22 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:23 AM

View PostbobF, on 11 February 2015 - 08:34 PM, said:

"Operatives."

Lately it's any excuse to vilify MS.

Pugs upset at getting rolled? MS.

Bad sportsmanship in CW? MS.

Units being disruptive? MS.

Trolling happening on a PvP forum? MS.

Cheese tactics? MS.

Rogue units attacking Liao planets, even AFTER it's CONFIRMED not MS? MS.

Frankly, it's getting tiresome. I mean, I've played PvP games with elite clans/guilds/units/groups and have experienced the hate, but now everyone is looking for ANY EXCUSE.

Roadbeer, I understand you're upset that MS preferred to actually PvP in a PvP game instead of let your pet unit have a planet for "RP reasons" (they still got the planet btw) but I wish you would start acting like the mature adult you were a week ago. Thanks.

Well, that didn't take long. Might as well delete that apology thread now.

#23 MercStar Recruiter

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:26 AM

View PostTunes of war, on 12 February 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

unit members

I am sorry to say but the offer was sent out to your unit, not unit members we had invited you to talk not just to join MercStar but work with us. the letter was also only sent to your unit leader not other members.

Have a nice day
From MercStar

Edited by MercStar Recruiter, 12 February 2015 - 11:27 AM.

#24 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:56 AM

I would like to point out that it wasn't the FWLM that ostracized MS from the Star League meeting, nor was it the FWLM that created MS's reputation. Their reputation and hostility from other units all spring from their time in the Clans, long before they assigned themselves to House Marik. The FWLM welcomed MS, and believed that we had a good relationship with their leadership. The only regret the FWLM has is in MS's timing. They came to us when we had no need of additional reinforcement- we were having no difficulty claiming 3-5 planets a day on our own. If they had come to us later in their 'IS tour', perhaps when CSJ or another Clan had a front with us, I am sure the situation would have been very different.

I would like to point out that MS honoured our NAP with Liao. Perhaps they acted more aggressively against Kurita than some would have liked, but that was always a touchy situation. Kurita's choice to close the Experiment and not join the nSL is in no way MS's "fault".

#25 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

Necro, bobF, and Bitey should check their forum messages in regards to this thread. Thanks.

#26 Tunes of war

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:15 PM

View PostMercStar Recruiter, on 12 February 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

I am sorry to say but the offer was sent out to your unit, not unit members we had invited you to talk not just to join MercStar but work with us. the letter was also only sent to your unit leader not other members.

Have a nice day
From MercStar

well then you should check your intelligence or just our forum.... the persons who received this invite are not in charge to make decisions....

#27 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 12 February 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

Drink chick called some friends to the party?

Yes, but now the drunk chick will be given a warning, then suspended for a week, and then removed from the party if those two previous steps do not correct things.

For the record bobF, Necromantion, and Bitey do not represent Mercstar or its official views on anything discussed in this thread, and their posts are in violation of our new forum policy. Thanks.

#28 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostHBizzle, on 12 February 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

For the record bobF, Necromantion, and Bitey do not represent Mercstar or its official views on anything discussed in this thread, and their posts are in violation of our new forum policy. Thanks.

I'm absolutely certain that everyone appreciates this clarification. Not sure it'll undo the damage already done, but thumbs up for the attempt.

#29 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:19 PM

Yeah it's a good thing to know that all the good posters in MS are loose cannons who are two minutes from getting suspended and having to turn in their AC-20s and badge. That clarifies a lot.

#30 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:37 PM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 12 February 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

Yeah it's a good thing to know that all the good posters in MS are loose cannons who are two minutes from getting suspended and having to turn in their AC-20s and badge. That clarifies a lot.

The Alliance is aware of the confusion some of our members have caused in the past and we are now implementing changes to correct that. The intent is for the trolling to end and for there to be more clarity in representation of Mercstar to the public. This will obviously not stop folks from disliking our actions or decisions but should provide for a better role in the MWO community. Thanks.

#31 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 12 February 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

Well, since your "good posting" was in a small part responsible for costing HK 3 of the most loyal comp merc units in the game, probably never to return, I say well played

#32 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:15 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 12 February 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

Well, since your "good posting" was in a small part responsible for costing HK 3 of the most loyal comp merc units in the game, probably never to return, I say well played

lmao no it wasn't. you might as well blame a gentle breeze for shifting the leaf as it falls

#33 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:17 PM

Oh, so HK shitposters had nothing to do with it?

If you say so

#34 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:27 PM

View PostHBizzle, on 12 February 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

Yes, but now the drunk chick will be given a warning, then suspended for a week, and then removed from the party if those two previous steps do not correct things.

Here we see the plausible deniability at work,

View PostHBizzle, on 12 February 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

Necro, bobF, and Bitey should check their forum messages in regards to this thread. Thanks.

I will save you guys the hassle of reading it,

#35 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:31 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 12 February 2015 - 02:17 PM, said:

Oh, so HK shitposters had nothing to do with it?

If you say so

Mercs bend whichever way the wind is blowing, and what we do really has nothing to do with it.

#36 YakkSlapper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • Locationoregon city

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:07 PM

ok, this entire thread has me confused as hell, wtf is ACTUALLY the issue going on? SHORT version, cause cant piece togeather whats the real issue here? recruitments? playing issues? conduct?

assume i know only one t5hing, "get in mech, kill opponents without mercy, without survivours OR prisoners, do what your command chain says, so, whats the problem? seriously.

P.S. seriously seekiing 24/7 active clan/group/ no time zone concearns just MUST have no less then 20 active members ACTUALLY ON at any given hr day or night,
if none exists, lets make one, fk the day/night/work/family concerns, gaming geeks top priority, life secondary to gaming. I work when i feel like it, elsewise im a "game 1st, lifes concearns NOT matter,

Edited by YakkSlapper, 12 February 2015 - 03:11 PM.

#37 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:53 AM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 12 February 2015 - 02:31 PM, said:

Mercs bend whichever way the wind is blowing, and what we do really has nothing to do with it.

That is what some mercs do yes. That is not what everyone does though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users