Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:51 PM

Posted Image

The Slamming will continue until the Jamming improves.

https://soundcloud.c...keaslamoutofyou

/ggs

Ireallyjustwantedtousethat, props to bb wolfe

Edited by Wingbreaker, 11 February 2015 - 09:53 PM.

#2 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:23 AM

Not only are we now trading worlds rather than you just ghost dropping through them, but it looks like you've got a Wolf Problem.

#3 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:35 AM

The Wolf attack was a rogue FRR merc' group masquerading as Wolves. Unfortunately their attack distracted our defensive operations against Steiner and due to some miscommunication, led to the loss of a Falcon planet.

We have resolved this error and it will not happen again. The other planets along our western border meant very little to us. Our goal is Terra, not your backwater worlds.

We would also like to note that we have not had ghost-drops against Steiner for some time now. Not only is your population large enough to prevent this with the slightest effort, but the rest of the Inner Sphere appears to be willing to assist you in the name of some silly "new Star League" concept.

#4 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:51 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 12 February 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

Not only are we now trading worlds rather than you just ghost dropping through them, but it looks like you've got a Wolf Problem.

Wut.

#5 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

so that's what happens when you breed a radioactive chicken with a dove

#6 Basch

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:59 PM

Why do we even have birds in our forums? AWAY WITH YOU!

#7 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:15 PM

View PostWingbreaker, on 12 February 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

Wut.

Seriously, I'm not sure if you're trolling...

Actually, check that: if you log in and post something on a rival power's thread, you're clearly a troll, but I'll bite:

You are right - if you just take numbers of players, Steiner is probably a pretty big population. I know my group only drops as a group about once a week, and then only for a few hours at a time, people come and go - we're an older crew: we have lives outside this game.

While I'm sure you are totally s00per1337 or whatever, dropping against pugs isn't so impressive. Especially when they're combined forces where half don't have a lot of vested interest in actually defending your world and will bounce out of a match midway (or sooner) if it's not going their way. Or worse, will deliberately sabotage by charging out to the enemy and suiciding.

And yeah - even given that we have this incredibly super huge giant population, that I'm sure rivals that of all of Asia, I'm willing to bet that they aren't playing. A lot of Steiners have lost interest in CW and the few of us that are still dropping only group in fours or whatever. That one's on us and I'll buy that.

But let me give you a scenario, buttercup: a week ago, with Davion joining the fight on our borders, we had seven fronts to defend against. So let's do some simple math, since you "wut"ted this.

One world defending against an attacker will need 12 players, right? And that's if the world is only being attacked by one company. Does your units attack with a single company?

So now break that out to Jade Falcon, Wolf, Ghost Bear, FRR, Kurita, Davion, and Marik.

That's 7.

So 7 x 12 is?

So Steiner needed 84 people active at any one time JUST DEFENDING. And keep in mind that this defending against a SINGLE COMPANY.

Let's say that each attack goes with a relatively weak two companies, that's 24 people in each attacking unit. In order to prevent a ghost drop, Steiner would need 168 people.

Just defending.

Get it? And you're saying there's 168 people dropping for Steiner. Even 84? No. Sorry, even on heavy nights, like a Saturday, I've rarely seen more than 60-70.

So the problem with your "wut" math is that that is the minimum number Steiner needs JUST TO DEFEND our worlds from ghost drops. It doesn't even start to cover going on the offensive.

So flap on back to your own thread.

#8 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 12 February 2015 - 07:15 PM, said:

You still really don't realize how small we are, do you?

Our "good" nights for NA consist of two twelve mans. We have a maximum capability of four over 24 hours. This means I haven't had a turret drop in months.

So I repeat: Wut?

Edited by Wingbreaker, 12 February 2015 - 07:25 PM.

#9 BigTaeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBotany Bay

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:35 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 12 February 2015 - 07:15 PM, said:

While I'm sure you are totally s00per1337 or whatever

But let me give you a scenario, buttercup

u mad bro?

#10 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:57 PM

View PostWingbreaker, on 12 February 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

You still really don't realize how small we are, do you?

Our "good" nights for NA consist of two twelve mans. We have a maximum capability of four over 24 hours. This means I haven't had a turret drop in months.

So I repeat: Wut?

You have three fronts. One of them is allied, the other two are being battered on multiple fronts...

View PostBigTaeng, on 12 February 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

u mad bro?

Just tired of trolls.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 12 February 2015 - 09:58 PM.

#11 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:18 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 12 February 2015 - 09:57 PM, said:

You have three fronts. One of them is allied, the other two are being battered on multiple fronts...

Just tired of trolls.

Four, generally. Steiner, FRR, Wolf, Bear.

We have two active borders, two borders which are generally quiet. However, we have just recently come out of a trial of posession with CW, and formerly were skirmishing for funsies with CGB within their FRR attack island. Due to their mercs leaving, they did not have enough warriors to send to those planets, so CJF stopped attacking, as it was not our intention to drop for actual territory.

This being said, as I have noted, CJF is extremely outnumbered regardless of which attack lane it chooses. I do not know your command structure, but it is not unheard of to see 99+ attackers from steiner, for which we have absolutely no response except to hope that all other clans can assist us.

Finally, it wasn't a troll. I specifically put in that this was joking, and I only wanted an excuse to use the pretty pretty gif that B B Wolfe provided us with.

#12 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:49 PM

View PostBasch, on 12 February 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

Why do we even have birds in our forums? AWAY WITH YOU!

Birds everywhere!

Posted Image

#13 Ausbilder Schmidt

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:33 PM

Posted Image

#14 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:41 PM

View PostAusbilder Schmidt, on 12 February 2015 - 11:33 PM, said:

Posted Image

I lol'd

You might want to go with something more along the lines of packed chickens/turkeys, though. Those are just flavor packages for the sauce. :3

Edited by Wingbreaker, 12 February 2015 - 11:42 PM.

#15 LONGINUS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 184 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMunich

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:43 PM

Tasty falcon meat ... :wub:

Posted Image

#16 Chris Puetz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 332 posts
  • LocationMechhangar 2, Tamar-City

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:05 AM

Yes, 4 Fronts, but 2 of them were home made there were no need for the Falcons to fight with FRR or the Bears!
And with a little bit diplomathy with the Wolfs you had to focus at your Invasion Line.

So please stop wining and act like a true born warrior!

Sorry for my bad english, I'm an true born Steiner my mother tongue is german.

#17 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:06 AM

View Postjeirhart, on 12 February 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

The Wolf attack was a rogue FRR merc' group masquerading as Wolves. Unfortunately their attack distracted our defensive operations against Steiner and due to some miscommunication, led to the loss of a Falcon planet.

We have resolved this error and it will not happen again. The other planets along our western border meant very little to us. Our goal is Terra, not your backwater worlds.

We would also like to note that we have not had ghost-drops against Steiner for some time now. Not only is your population large enough to prevent this with the slightest effort, but the rest of the Inner Sphere appears to be willing to assist you in the name of some silly "new Star League" concept.

The FRR disavows any knowledge of having units engaged in black ops. it is all a figment of merc paranoia.

Posted Image

#18 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:26 AM

View PostChris Puetz, on 13 February 2015 - 03:05 AM, said:

Yes, 4 Fronts, but 2 of them were home made there were no need for the Falcons to fight with FRR or the Bears!

The bears made fight with us, so we fought the bears in return. The FRR was a consequence of position. We do not turn away from fights.

And with a little bit diplomacy with the Wolfs you had to focus at your Invasion Line.

Jade Falcon does not make 'treaties' with anyone. We fight and the outcome is determined on the battlefields. We fought for the worlds that Wolf desired. For any that they took, we took one in turn.

So please stop wining and act like a true born warrior!

I am not whining, I am explaining the situation. I have no issue with it as it stands. Every warrior in Jade Falcon is aware of our position as a small faction, and knows that they must prove themselves by fighting all the harder.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm an true born Steiner my mother tongue is german.

Your English is fine, friend. It is certainly better than my German. Well done. :D

#19 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:12 AM

View PostWingbreaker, on 12 February 2015 - 10:18 PM, said:

Four, generally. Steiner, FRR, Wolf, Bear.

We have two active borders, two borders which are generally quiet. However, we have just recently come out of a trial of posession with CW, and formerly were skirmishing for funsies with CGB within their FRR attack island. Due to their mercs leaving, they did not have enough warriors to send to those planets, so CJF stopped attacking, as it was not our intention to drop for actual territory.

This being said, as I have noted, CJF is extremely outnumbered regardless of which attack lane it chooses. I do not know your command structure, but it is not unheard of to see 99+ attackers from steiner, for which we have absolutely no response except to hope that all other clans can assist us.

Finally, it wasn't a troll. I specifically put in that this was joking, and I only wanted an excuse to use the pretty pretty gif that B B Wolfe provided us with.

It IS a pretty gif. My point is that dropping into faction that's lost the most planets miiiiiight be misinterpreted, dig?

And yes, NOW we have four fronts. And that CGB island you mentioned was wiped out by us. And while we focused on that one front, CJF marched across our northern territories.

A lot of Steiner guys, and I think a lot of people that play games period, are here to have fun. Around the start of the year, when the mercs were with Steiner, we had enough consistent players to push back on several fronts. Once they left, it turned into a lot of PUG drops that began to crumble. Loss after loss after loss isn't fun, so a lot of those players dropped out.

So while I agree that the Faction might have a huge number of players, the actual number of players dropping, and certainly the number of organized teams dropping, is comparatively small. Add to that that CJF has one of the best units in the game on their Faction in the LORDS, it means there's a lot of rolls on that front of highly skilled, highly organized players vs disorganized pugs that, given that we're Steiner, are probably drunk. Either that or they're a disorganized mishmash of players from all over the Inner Sphere.

Casual players don't like getting rolled, and especially not against the more vocal members of the LORDS (the "ggclose," "you guys suck," etc crowd. Not, I hope, a majority, but definitely an element); it's not fun.

tldr: while we might have the largest population on paper, the reality is that the few people that are still dropping are doing so PUGs or sometime a lance or two. Full organized drops are extremely rare things.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 13 February 2015 - 06:12 AM.

#20 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:21 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 13 February 2015 - 06:12 AM, said:

Casual players don't like getting rolled, and especially not against the more vocal members of the LORDS (the "ggclose," "you guys suck," etc crowd. Not, I hope, a majority, but definitely an element); it's not fun.

The vocal members of Lords you speak of are not actually in Lords anymore, as Lords recently split. If the Lords you are still encountering in CJF territory are still displaying poor sportsmanship, they are very few and far between. Lords themselves while active in CW are not nearly as active as units such as 12DG or SRoT. While these Steiner units are not necessarily as good as Lords (pilot v pilot) they certainly have far greater activity levels in CW and can occasionally field multiple twelve mans while Lords can maybe field a twelve man if the stars align.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users