Computer Problems :(

2 replies to this topic

#1 Koujo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:03 PM

Having some weird issues with my PC lately. Occasionally I get minor hiccups in the audio for less than a second. Also when playing MWO I have part of the targeting box on the left side of the screen that wont go away. I've included a screenshot. I'm thinking hard drive going out?

Well I was going to post a screenshot but I guess I don't know how.

Edited by Koujo, 12 February 2015 - 06:04 PM.

#2 Rakshasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 560 posts
  • LocationThe Underhive, Pomme De Terre

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:36 PM

Is it a small fragment of the red targeting bracket in the upper left of the screen? If so, I've had that too. I know a few other pilots who've had it as well, so it's likely a bug. As for the audio hiccups, it could be drivers, it could be a bit of spyware or a virus causing issues (only likely if it does this in other games/programs too), it could be the brand of card itself. I used to have an ASUS Xonar, POS caused no end of bluescreens under Win 7. Problem was, trying to update the drivers made it bluescreen as well :ph34r:

So, yes. I wouldn't panic just yet :lol: If you're using a sound card rather than onboard sound, try enabling onboard sound and see if that clears up the pauses (only do this if you know what you're doing!). I do occasionally get crackles in MWO's sound effects, but they seem part and parcel of the experience on my rig, and they only happen in MWO, so go figure. Hope that helps, and best of luck!

#3 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:18 PM

The targeting box thing is mentioned in the release notes.

As a WAG, try reinstalling the current version of the audio driver and test that; You can update it if you want, but for Great Science, try that later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users