The New Star League Fails / Ilclan Formative Efforts Fail - Lessons Learned

134 replies to this topic

#81 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:14 AM

So I guess the Star League has been exposed as a Marik lie after all huh? Prussian called it!

#82 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 28 February 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

<------- This Icon is what happens when as an Individual Gamer, you make good on Contractual Performance-based Remuneration to a Unit (VRGD) that has served with distinction (5-planets tagged, 4-Battle Honors earned for a total additional Bonus of 45m C-bills)

Next time you make a bet, please leave out the 'spam every thread' clause. This is like the 5th time I have seen this post of yours.

Edited by Davers, 28 February 2015 - 01:12 PM.

#83 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:03 PM

View PostDavers, on 28 February 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

Next time you make a bet, please leave out the 'spam every thread' clause. This is like the 5th time I have seen this post of yours.

It has to be explained why the icon has changed and yes that means a post to all my active threads... it causes me no end of grief that you don't get that. And if you'll notice these are being primarily being added to threads I started.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 28 February 2015 - 02:07 PM.

#84 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 28 February 2015 - 02:03 PM, said:

It has to be explained why the icon has changed and yes that means a post to all my active threads... it causes me no end of grief that you don't get that. And if you'll notice these are being primarily being added to threads I started.

Actually, it doesn't have to be explained. And your huge advertisement for a TS meeting doesn't 'explain' anything.

#85 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:41 PM

Politely speaking, it might be better to simply post once, then link the content in your signature file.

#86 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:19 PM

View PostDavers, on 28 February 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

Actually, it doesn't have to be explained. And your huge advertisement for a TS meeting doesn't 'explain' anything.

dude we can't let these vatborn idiots outpace us on the co-ordination front. hey we're gonna watch anime on synchtube this afternoon to determine the fate of the inner sphere. get on mumble, dogg

#87 JohnnyBlue07

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 66 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:14 AM

Die, clanner! (and I don't mean Prussian)

We don't report our accomplishments to the rest of the IS Houses like they're our daddy. Night's Scorn fights clans nightly, without seeking approval from forum pvp-ers. We also don't go around other factions' forums telling them they don't fight clans enough. If Marik and Davion would stop scratching our backs, we would commit our entire forces to fighting clans. Hiring Merc hordes and calling them the new Star League to disrupt Kuritans from fighting clans, isn't helping the Inner Sphere any.

We're not Davion for the simple fact that we don't have quitters, so comparing them to us is moot. When the clanners took advantage of a capital planet "bug", House Kurita beat them back with a stick and placed an Night's Scorn pin on it. When Marik employed a secret back stab strategy through a wormhole that we gave to them, we kicked their teeth in. Point is, we follow our own High Council - not Marik's or Davion's.

#88 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:53 AM

View Postwanderer, on 28 February 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

Politely speaking, it might be better to simply post once, then link the content in your signature file.

Yes, now that I have been through this, I can see your way would have been preferable.

Of course, "Going BIG, early and often" was a admittedly bush-league way to get word out in an attempt to forestall what I thought might be a host of flames in reaction to a Clan Account suddenly turning up Inner Sphere.

As it turns out (perhaps because the post was sufficient, perhaps because there are substantially fewer trolls than I had originally thought) many of my OP's have shown ZERO disruption as a result of my temporary time if FRR.

#89 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:37 AM

Lol nobody cares about any of that garbage.

Like, nobody is going "oh man prussian havoc is switching sides" they're going "who's that and why should anyone care what faction anyone else is"

Edited by hopterque, 01 March 2015 - 07:37 AM.

#90 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:39 AM

Yeah prussian you're not a public figure in the battletech universe and no one is actually impacted by which faction you serve. none of this is real

#91 Time Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:01 AM

You just had to say the word "trolls". Don't you know that summons them?

#92 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:07 AM

View PostTime Bandit, on 01 March 2015 - 08:01 AM, said:

You just had to say the word &quot;trolls&quot;. Don't you know that summons them?

Poster-type-that-shall-not-be-named?

#93 Time Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:15 AM

View Poststratagos, on 01 March 2015 - 08:07 AM, said:

Poster-type-that-shall-not-be-named?

I like it.

#94 Harvey Batchall Kerensky at Law

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 322 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

But like do you actually care about about what faction Prussian is enough that you needed a cryptic explanatory post in one thread, let alone five?

#95 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:09 AM

View PostMadWOPR, on 01 March 2015 - 08:23 AM, said:

But like do you actually care about about what faction Prussian is enough that you needed a cryptic explanatory post in one thread, let alone five?

Better question: do care about what faction Prussian Havoc alt is? And what unit alt reside in? Ha ha.

Ha ha ha.

#96 Araevin Teshurr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 368 posts
  • LocationIn your base, eating your food!

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:23 AM

WEvTFHESYD - ME SMASH MECHS GOOD!!!!

#97 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:13 PM

<----- This Icon (Kurita for 24hs on 01MAR) happens when you travel abroad to visit Units, make performance-based, contractual bonus clause payments and visit your Alternate Account. Besides... if there is ONE thing that beats FRR Tukayyidian Mead, it is drinking saki while watching the Cherry Blossoms fall in Imperial City Luthien!

View PostTasker, on 01 March 2015 - 09:09 AM, said:

Better question: do care about what faction Prussian Havoc alt is? And what unit alt reside in? Ha ha.

Ha ha ha.

You know... even my own Alternate Account (HK) has nothing but contempt for my primary account!

It must be a "Combine" thing.

#98 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:17 PM

View Postwanderer, on 28 February 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

Yes, I am now just using a brief preface (as I did in the post immediately above) as the header to a legitimate and substantive post.

This is a much better means of communicating effectively these various changes of Icon when executing Mercenary Relations business with Units in "foreign" lands.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 01 March 2015 - 06:18 PM.

#99 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:33 PM

*makes motion of pointing finger to temple and spinning it*

Edited by Tasker, 01 March 2015 - 06:33 PM.

#100 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:34 PM

Die Clanner! (to everyone who has or will post in this thread, including myself)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users