Learn Your Cannon

42 replies to this topic

#1 xRedEyex

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:20 PM

SO I need one of you sly snake ******** to tell me why almost every post out there you guys call members of Davion, Steiner, Marik, Liao, & Rasalhague clanners? At first I took this as a insult or a joke of some kind until I realized you actually think we are clanners!! Just so you know Davion, Steiner, Marik, Liao, & Rasalhague are HOUSES not CLANS and you look like morons spouting off "DIE CLANNER" to any member of those houses.

Its great to not have to do anything to make your HOUSE look like a bunch of prepubescent 12yr olds with no clue about this games lore...lol

"Die, Combine scum, I'll see you on Robinson!"

Edited by xRedEyex, 13 February 2015 - 12:21 PM.

#2 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:22 PM

...... you actually took them seriously? that was your first and only mistake god sir, something the entirety of marik and davion cant seem to understand

Edited by Stealth Raptor, 13 February 2015 - 12:22 PM.

#3 xRedEyex

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

No buddy, it is every where i point you here:

http://mwomercs.com/...urita-hit-list/

this is one example I can cite at least 10 others and it is completely serious...which is laughable

#4 Hobotorius Augustus Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:25 PM

Ha Ha Ha Ha.
Davion Clanner too dense to know what is real and what is joke.

#5 xRedEyex

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

Is it a joke when over 80% of your faction call everyone clanners? If so, its not a very good one although it goes along with the terrible sense of Japanese humor which is somewhat true to cannon I guess.

#6 Golden Gun

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 87 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

He does have a point Raptor.

A good amount of us have been into the game since before Clans were even a twinkling in the FASA's eye. Pirahana has gone through a ton of trouble to keep the universe intact and organized. So taking an hour or two to read up on things like the Fourth Succession War or The Return of Kerensky isn't asking much...

#7 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:29 PM

*scratches head* even if they did read up on it, they would still call you clanners. why? for the lulz of course! and threads like these, get ready for the zerg of NKVA lol

#8 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:30 PM

looks like a triple 46.3cm cannon to me, OP, but what is this about clanners?

#9 xRedEyex

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

Hey I'm all for poking fun at each other. I call Combine - Snakes , Mariks - Chickens, Liao - My little yellow friends etc. But you're joke falls flat to me at least. It would be like me calling all other factions "tubers" (in reference to the clans genetic program) even though none of the IS are "tubers"

#10 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:42 PM

Die, clanner.

#11 xRedEyex

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

Telle est la vie de trolls NKVA

:ph34r:

#12 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostxRedEyex, on 13 February 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

SO I need one of you sly snake ******** to tell me why almost every post out there you guys call members of Davion, Steiner, Marik, Liao, & Rasalhague clanners? At first I took this as a insult or a joke of some kind until I realized you actually think we are clanners!! Just so you know Davion, Steiner, Marik, Liao, & Rasalhague are HOUSES not CLANS and you look like morons spouting off "DIE CLANNER" to any member of those houses.

Its great to not have to do anything to make your HOUSE look like a bunch of prepubescent 12yr olds with no clue about this games lore...lol

Cannon when spelled with two ns is a type of large gun, Often fixed in place in defensive positions or aboard ships, capable of launching a variety of munitions a remarkable distance.

Canon when spelled with one n is a term used by the Catholic Church to describe the body of laws by which their monks are expected to live, like celibacy and poverty and specific prayer times, etc. This has been adopted by the comic book crowd and its meaning perverted to mean the body of comic books by which comic book readers are expected to live. Interestingly, celibacy and poverty have remained a hallmark of people who use the word. hth (hope this helps)

View PostxRedEyex, on 13 February 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

Hey I'm all for poking fun at each other. I call Combine - Snakes , Mariks - Chickens, Liao - My little yellow friends etc. But you're joke falls flat to me at least. It would be like me calling all other factions "tubers" (in reference to the clans genetic program) even though none of the IS are "tubers"

aaand now I'm about to be a hypocrite.

There's glory for you!'

'I don't know what you mean by "glory",' Alice said.
Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. 'Of course you don't — till I tell you. I meant "there's a nice knock-down argument for you!"'

'But "glory" doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument",' Alice objected.
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'
'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.
'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master — that's all.'

Edited by YCSLiesmith, 13 February 2015 - 12:55 PM.

#13 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:55 PM

View PostxRedEyex, on 13 February 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

Hmm, interesting point. I will take this into consider-- *draws my katana with one hand and wakazashi with my other, decapitating you with one swift stroke* Die, clanner.

Edited by Richter B., 13 February 2015 - 12:55 PM.

#14 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:58 PM

View PostRichter B., on 13 February 2015 - 12:55 PM, said:

Hmm, interesting point. I will take this into consider-- *draws my katana with one hand and wakazashi with my other, decapitating you with one swift stroke* Die, clanner.

Posted Image

#15 Hobotorius Augustus Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 98 posts

View PostRichter B., on 13 February 2015 - 12:55 PM, said:

Very good form, the Coordinator himself must have guided your blade.

#16 xRedEyex

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts

Not according to the Urban dictionary which I assume is where most Kurita pilots go to find their engrish.

http://www.urbandict...php?term=cannon

And you didnt mention that Cannon can also be applied in veterinary medicine as:
  • the part of the leg in which the cannon bone is situated.

#17 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:01 PM

i counter with my own link!

http://www.urbandict....php?term=Canon

#18 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:02 PM

View PostxRedEyex, on 13 February 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

Is it a joke when over 80% of your faction call everyone clanners? If so, its not a very good one although it goes along with the terrible sense of Japanese humor which is somewhat true to cannon I guess.

Foolish gold man of the golden zerg doesn't know samurai honor or purple freedom.

Posted Image

#19 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:04 PM

http://www.urbandict...p?term=Aux+Cord

#20 xRedEyex

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:07 PM

lol touche! It seems we have reached an impasse there!

I'm just glad to know the "Die Clanner" rhetoric is more a form of trolling, rather then actual misuse of the term. In my OP i was honestly under the opposite impression.

Also my new favorite definition of cannon:
http://www.urbandict...n&defid=1492289

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users