So... Is There Any Affs Units Still Taking Part In Cw?

32 replies to this topic

#1 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:21 PM

I tend to drop during the EU window on a Friday afternoon and noticed a distinct lack of numbers for the Davion side. TCAF and a mixed bag of Liao units have a pretty good showing of numbers/skill/coordination and TBH, the Davion solos seem to be lacking in quantity and comprehension.

Just wondering if I should give up and farm some Cbills in the Public queues?

TL:DR

Davion loyalists, where are you? The Capellans are coming.......

Edited by xX PUG Xx, 13 February 2015 - 05:22 PM.

#2 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:32 PM

This is an issue we're attempting to address. Day-time numbers for House Davion have always been historically low. Last night we held Capella against better than 6 companies of Liao pilots. Today they body-slammed it while most of the Davion teams were at work and stole it back virtually unopposed.

#3 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:35 PM

good question Pug..if you are our daytime guys...who is there ?? Would say that farming cbills in the public queue will be non productive to the house's efforts overall... even if you are missing mates to drop matches with.. more faction grouping is happening every day and faction chat is coming also which should help some.. Hang on man !!

#4 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:03 PM

Ben, yeah I played from 2pm till 2am GMT dropping on Capella defence and helped as much as possible. Running solo until the Legion had the numbers to get groups going. There are players there but no coordination and few using TS or even watching text chat.

Aylward, lol I've been there for the last 3 years; you probably don't remember me :) Not many of us left I guess :unsure: I have managed to find less than a half dozen lads that are willing to group up but it doesn't help when we are facing a surge of 12 mans from Liao. Is there no EU based AFFS units, I thought the Germans had a couple...

#5 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:23 PM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 13 February 2015 - 06:03 PM, said:

I thought the Germans had a couple...

They do, 31st Hussars and one other I can't recall.

#6 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:04 PM

RRB has a euro 12 man most days and a 12+ man N/A

Edited by stevemac, 13 February 2015 - 10:52 PM.

#7 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:26 PM

22AL We are small in number but we play CW by default.

#8 Mustang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMargaritaville , Al

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

There is a unit now attempting to fill that void, it is still basically in its infancy, but like minds are coming together. Currently HeadHunters Phoenix Guard is attempting to see if they can fill that time slot these guys are very EU based. But as stated before I can remember all the way back to Solaris and 3025 that time zone has not had a strong Davion presence

#9 SgtMac

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMorgantown, West Virginia

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:42 PM

Ive been dropping mostly CW, and no one is ever on the attack. Its 2230hrs/1030PM US Easternand no one is attacking. but loads of guys on defense. I know im not the only one watching, but Kurita is tearing us up while our guys are defending their border, same with Liao. Sorry but this star league thing isnt working, an our borders are paying for it. Granted they will reset the map at some point but it would be nice to get back to where our borders were. I am usually on my clans TS but they seem to be focusing on MRBC over CW. I am gonna only go for the attack for a while, Id love to find some guys to drop with. So if yall see a loner dropping thats probably me.

#10 -Cal-

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:47 PM

Just letting you know that ARMD, an Australian/ Oceanic based group have just taken up another contract with Davion, and are more than happy to send the Capellans packing.

Edited by Cal Heinrich, 14 February 2015 - 07:47 PM.

#11 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:43 PM

We are a small unit, very informal, but we drop CW almost exclusively now. We only defend Steiner, FRR or Davion worlds, so we don't have to worry about defending House Kurita while they attack us. We've also been gathering large numbers of fellow Davion players on our friends lists and doing faction drops. So far we have done quite well this way. We don't always win but we aren't getting ROFL stomped by 12 mans anymore; we can drag the fights out within a couple mechs and 3 or less minutes which helps keep them from rolling planets quickly. With ingame VOIP coming, this strategy should do even better. If we can't counter them with 12 man units, then we should form 12 man faction groups and zerg every planet available to us. With the number of players Davion has, if we all gather enough friends, we can form enough faction groups that we can defend all ours and our allies worlds while also attacking and taking some planets for ourselves. :)

#12 Imigo Montoya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:56 AM

@ CCrider what is the tag of your Unit?

The 31st Hussar Regiment ist rying to form otrher units into a CW fighting group, we had good contacts to the 6th Dragonlords and the 54th Wolfpack the other german based Davion units, we organize the Wednsday Night Warfare EU on the Davion TS.

What we need for WNW is a unit that is using english as its main language, becuase we talk in german and sometimes with heavy austrain or switzerland accent, so this could keep them away from the TS channels at first...

we had The User Rebel.ace.Fryslân of HHPG who organised one or two drops... but he needs help....

if we get 5-6 Dropships full of people we could rule every border... but last week we were only 2 and got rolled over by 4 groups on the Kurita border...

We will go and tell everyone to send a representative to the Davion TS, so we can coordinate when we play CW, but we not always play CW beacuse it is not easy to form a 12man everyday and most don't want to pug in CW

#13 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKansas City MO.

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:36 AM

Most AFFS units only have a fraction of their members dropping in CW. The Warpigs have 3 companies of competitive players of which only 1 company (mine) still drops in CW. WMC also has another casual unit that is made up of about 50 people, a couple of whom will drop CW once in a while but for the most part stay out of it.

My company consist of only 7 people, so even if we wanted to, we couldn't make up a full 12 man. So we now find ourselves constantly on the AFFS TS server, joining up with other partial groups to get better coordinated drops going. If you are dropping during the AUS and EU hours, I highly suggest hitting up the AFFS TS server. Scroll down until you see a CW group only partially filled and then hop in and see if they need help. They almost always do. AFFS TS server address is ts50.bargainvoice.com:7345

#14 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:08 AM

Wednesday night warfare is an awesome time to pop in. A lot of folks from a lot of units, get a feel for who is around.

#15 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:41 AM

It's also the best time to be a brave Samurai of House Kurita, because there's generally more Davion Clanner Rats to farm, at least until we chase them off (which is happening more and more quickly, please come back we want some cbills davion rats)

#16 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:05 AM

Go back to your own forums and be a smack-talking troll, Hopterque... we don't interfere in your recruiting threads...please leave ours alone.

#17 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:16 AM

I'm trying to help!

Come Fight Us, Davion Clanner Dogs!

Please...

I need to buy more Mechs.

#18 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

Not helping... and you're still talking smack. Go back to your own forum, or your border, and wait for us....don't worry, we'll be along shortly. ;) B)

#19 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:40 PM

PL, AW, BP, 31HR and a few others were grouped up this morning in the off hours, it was pretty damn good too. We managed to push Johnsondale up into the high 30% mark before I had to go get some sleep.

Then this afternoon we had PL, 4 20 and others hitting it again, won 1 lost 1. It's good to see more unaffiliated Davion players getting into CW and the Davion TS is certainly a good place to meet up and coordinate.

#20 MrMarkusCZ

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:22 AM

Hi Davions. Yesterday we had really great serious battle of Sirius. Many times our drops were quite comparable/ballanced. Not to many ghost drops so I was happy to have fight. The main difference between us and you was in coordination. I don't know if you are used to have team on TeamSpeak sometimes I saw some of your players or small groups do strange fatal mistakes (typically bad positioning and late or no reactions to our forces which were already revealed). Better it and our fights will be even better. I wrote it because we all need fine training to be ready to face clans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users