Items On Mech Not There Anymore

11 replies to this topic

#1 baconcannon

Rookie

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:14 AM

when im in the menu like ready to play games or go do other things like mech lab it shows everythings on there visually but i hit battle it says i have slot violations and when i go to the mech lab everything is stripped off my mech and not in my inventory and i didnt sell it cuz my cash stack should be way higher for selling an ac20 200 power engine all the ammo everything off it is gone and i dont have the money to buy like anything back i need help im new sorry

#2 baconcannon

Rookie

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:19 AM

i used the strip mech option witch dumped all the missing items into my inventory and i had to re equip everything

#3 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:22 AM

http://en.wikipedia....Run-on_sentence

Just slow down there and take a moment to breathe.

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

No, seriously... sometimes the UI bugs out and puts in two engines or something weird, and causes an invalid loadout. When you go to edit it, it send everything to your inventory, but your inventory doesn't update properly until you log out and log in again. Try that and see if your equipment reappears.

#4 baconcannon

Rookie

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:30 AM

i tried that with my gf it didnt work so i dont think it would work here ether

#5 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:41 AM

Wait is that a troll comment?

In seriousness though, once stripped, save the mech empty. Then back out of the mech. If you go back in to edit again, all your stuff should be available again. You shouldn't need to log out and back in. The save button and exiting editing and reentering editing should do the trick.

#6 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:30 AM

It that does not work - contact support.

Only so much the other players here in the forum can do.

#7 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:03 PM

It's probably an air strike and arty strike equipped. Strip modules.

#8 PhoenixHawk OSF

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 26 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOceanside, CA

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:04 AM

I had the same thing happen to me..loaded up something that the program decided was in violation, and it dumped it, along with the C-bills I'd used to buy the equipment. I never did strip the mech, just figured it was a bug and wrote it off as a loss.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

View PostPhoenixHawk OSF, on 15 February 2015 - 01:04 AM, said:

I had the same thing happen to me..loaded up something that the program decided was in violation, and it dumped it, along with the C-bills I'd used to buy the equipment. I never did strip the mech, just figured it was a bug and wrote it off as a loss.

When this happens, you won't see the removed equipment until after a match or restarting the client.

It occurs easily if you do rapid edits in succession or leave the mechlab and change to another mech too quickly after saving a loadout. And the more mechs you have, the more likely this rare thing can happen.

After a strip, relog.

Though if it says there's a violation, select something else, play and come back. Half the time violations fix themselves as they occur when the game tries to show your old + new loadouts spliced together. Ever had a mech with twin engines, double gauss rifles in one arm and 10 MGs with 6 of those being on the other arm? I have. Sadly you can't use it.

#10 Wulf359

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNoblesville, Indiana

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:51 PM

I posted this in another relevant thread, using some thread necromancy, and I apologize for that, but...

I tried to sell a mech, checked the checkbox, and it did these things:

Sold the items, but not the mech...

AND sold the items but not the mechs for several other mechs that I own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most of my mechs are now sitting without equipment.

BTW, I never did get the c-bills for selling the items, either.

WTF? I put a ticket in to get this fixed. Yeah, talk about completely un-intuitive....and frustratingly stupid.

#11 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:49 AM

View PostThorvir Hrothgaard, on 17 April 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

I posted this in another relevant thread, using some thread necromancy, and I apologize for that, but...

I tried to sell a mech, checked the checkbox, and it did these things:

Sold the items, but not the mech...

AND sold the items but not the mechs for several other mechs that I own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most of my mechs are now sitting without equipment.

BTW, I never did get the c-bills for selling the items, either.

WTF? I put a ticket in to get this fixed. Yeah, talk about completely un-intuitive....and frustratingly stupid.

Have you tried checking each mech in the mechlab, then going back to your mechbay? Opening the mechlab refreshes a mech's build so if the mech isn't displaying properly in the mechbay this will fix it.

#12 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

This seems to be a bit of a bug. I've had it happen a few times where the mechlab will randomly decide to stick a heatsink or weapon back into the mech after I've made loadount changes and saved it.

The best solution is to Strip All Equipment and put everything back in. That usually fixes everything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users