7 replies to this topic

#1 Middenhall

Rookie

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAnchorage Alaska

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:11 AM

I was hoping someone would know a fix to this. I installed MW4 Vengeance, Mercs, Black Knight, and MW3 onto my computer and have tried running them all in Administrator modes with compatibility packs and 32 bit and 64 bit color. The games will start up but the graphics will not render. The start screens appears as a bunch of lines criscrossed and mixed up. I have updated my graphics drivers. I am runing a Asus G750 ROG with Windows 8.1 Also I have had this problem with a few other older games Soldiers of Anarchy for one example. Any suggestions or help?

#2 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:41 AM

Did you try adding /gosnovideo and /gosnojoystick to the end of the Target Path on their shortcuts?

#3 Middenhall

Rookie

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAnchorage Alaska

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:50 AM

I have not, Im not sure how to do that.

#4 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:10 AM

1) create shortcuts
2) right click om shortcut
3) select properties
4) go to the Shortcut Tab
5) look for box that says Target
6) add /gosnovideo to the end of it
7) hit apply and close
8) run program

#5 starmax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationTN USA

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:57 AM

Same problem here running 8.1 it launches the screen is up but no letters are on the page,,, any other suggestion?

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:44 PM

View Poststarmax, on 04 July 2015 - 08:57 AM, said:

Same problem here running 8.1 it launches the screen is up but no letters are on the page,,, any other suggestion?

You didnt post anything saying you have tried the extra commands noted in post 2 and 4 for MW4/Mercs.

There are a few links to the download files for Mercs. Even though Microsoft cleared the free release in 2010 with Mektek, but since Mektek is no longer involved with it, as well as conflicting posts on if it is still free release or not, to be on the safe side I will not post links to their download sites at this time.

For MW3 - Fix Configuring compatibility settings
  • Need to locate and install the MW3 1.2 Patch - unknown if it will work without it. The MW3 site that used to host the file is gone.
  • Right click on the Mech3.exe file (located in the installation folder) and select "Properties".
  • Go to the "Compatibility" tab and enable Compatibility Mode (set it to "Windows 98/ME").
  • Through your graphics card's control panel, enable "Vertical sync" and "Triple buffering".
  • Run the exe again.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 05 July 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#7 Prc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 189 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires - Argentina

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:00 PM

Had the same problem with MW3 some months ago, got it fixed with something called "mw3radeonfix" i think, still got some help from Khan Ignotus Kotare previous to this solution he said he fixed that same problem with this.

He said:
Once you get the game working and running, if you experience any problems in-game such as bouncing or flying APCs, flickering crosshairs, mech tripping or not taking off while trying to jump jet, try this CPU utility as it has gotten rid of that problem for me. Try playing with the meter between 50 to 99. I run a quad core AMD FX4100 on my MW3 rig and set it to 99. Varies per machine:

www.mediafire.com/download/ary1yg1jc02gpnh/cpugrab.exe

it might help GL, keep in mind that lots of programs don't run on win 8+ lots of players from old games in particular have stated the same (Compatibility issues).

#8 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:53 AM

MW4 Vengeance, Black Knight, Mercs all run on my Vista 64 bit system but NOT my Win7 Ultimate. I just get a black screen at loadup, I have tried many things even manually altering the resolution as specified in google searches and running in XP SP2 compatibility mode (which did the trick in Vista).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users