51 replies to this topic

#21 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:23 AM

I agree completely with the OP's sentiment that verbal abuse should not be tolerated by any means. Greatly respect the OP for his post.

Personally though, I just turn All chat off. This way, I don't subject myself to the opponent's criticisms, and I in turn don't flame their team when things go wrong on my end. This is my own personal solution, so take it for what it's worth.

#22 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWazan

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:24 AM

Or have the drop zones be flexible. Say a drop zone is hot, with a lot of enemies in proximity, so the dropship comes in and drops the mechs at a different drop zone, where they won't get shot to pieces before their mech even hits the deck.

Alternatively, it would be cool if the player could have the choice of drop zones, so every respawn they get to choose which drop zone to spawn in. This would be useful in a number of ways, both for the attacking and defending team.

#23 Chiron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 123 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:24 AM

View PostIlithi Dragon, on 16 February 2015 - 06:24 AM, said:

Or have the drop zones be flexible. Say a drop zone is hot, with a lot of enemies in proximity, so the dropship comes in and drops the mechs at a different drop zone, where they won't get shot to pieces before their mech even hits the deck.

Alternatively, it would be cool if the player could have the choice of drop zones, so every respawn they get to choose which drop zone to spawn in. This would be useful in a number of ways, both for the attacking and defending team.

good ideas! I didnt want to Hijack the thread, but your point is worth mentioning. I, for one, would like to see gamcheckpoint based dynamic dropzones. A, B, and C Down? Drop us ontop of Omega!

This, and replace the MLas with LPL. Downgrading the defender dropships from LL to ML was understandable, but too big a nerf. LPLs will keep the campers at bay, for sure.

#24 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:31 AM

View PostIlithi Dragon, on 16 February 2015 - 06:24 AM, said:

Player chosen drop sites really would be the best idea. After all, what kind of derp dropship pilot drops his cargo off in the middle of a crossfire?

Especially on the Sulphur map, spawn camping really cannot be prevented due to dev design. You have to go through the drop zone to get to Omega if you are coming from Alpha or Gamma. It's rather silly.

#25 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:55 AM

View PostInRev, on 16 February 2015 - 07:31 AM, said:

...Especially on the Sulphur map, spawn camping really cannot be prevented due to dev design. You have to go through the drop zone to get to Omega if you are coming from Alpha or Gamma. It's rather silly.

Emphasis is mine.

#26 Euphoric1RW

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:19 AM

View PostFlamberg, on 16 February 2015 - 01:30 AM, said:

Hello everyone!

FIrstly, I would like to express one thing: seriously, I am convinced that MWO community is one of the most mature one in online gaming. And that we are able to continuously "polish" our behaviors. Thanks for that!

Secondly, I see fighting in drop zones as a legal tactic.

Thirdly, it would be great if PGI implemented a possibility to coordinate drop windows among players. It would be great if the player could go to the dropdeck screen, select the next mech and then have an option to delay the drop. Not to delay by much, just one or two drop windows could be sufficient.

Are you talking in terms of waiting so you can drop with your team if you like? It would be cool if the whole team could choose to wait and drop together in the case of spawn camping, that would give a good fighting chance to push the enemy back if necessary. Plus all the lasers on the drops ships would cause some damage.

#27 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

That, right there, is why I have two monitors. The other one has Netflix or Hulu loaded up. Unless I have a teammate that's still alive that seems new, or if I have information they need ("the KGC is ready to pop, the Cent is untouched"), I'll usually just observe the match on one screen and watch a movie on the other.

#28 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:08 AM

Threads like this remind me why I miss playing Marik so much. The other day there was an odd amount of activity on the Marik border, like 24 people defending. I dropped in to see who was in the drop and we were defending sulfur.

Fun banter, then 2 zerg waves roll right through ogens and omega. The difference is that the Marik guys apologize for not taking a couple waves of heavies so everyone can get kills but CF is coming and they need to hurry.

Great sports and always fun to play with.

#29 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:26 AM

Dear Coordinator Teaches That Taunting Opponents Is One Of The Most Important Tenants Of Battlefield Strategy. A Demoralized, Angry Opponent Is Prone To Making Big Mistakes, And Will Often Abandon The Battlefield Entirely To Sulk If Properly Mocked. It Saddens Me To See That The Warriors Of House Marik Haven't Learned This Lesson Yet, But Then Again They Still Talk Proudly About Using LRMs, So Maybe They Are Just A Bit Slow, Ha Ha Ha.

#30 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:51 AM

I'd say the last two posts very keenly illustrate the difference between Marik, and, erm, certain other factions.

I'm glad everyone is happy with which side of that divide they land on. We enjoy friendly banter with the other teams we play and I'd say planet counts show that policy as hardly being harmful to us.

Edited by Catamount, 16 February 2015 - 11:58 AM.

#31 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

You laugh but last night I'm in TS in a mixed drop and someone sees Marik attacking the Davion border and mentions how many worlds you guys have taken and the consensus really can't down to

"Mah, those guys are cool. I think there is some sort of plan around it. Let 'em have it."

At this point Marik is going to conquer the whole IS by politely saying "here, let me hold that for you. Want a beer?"

#32 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:20 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 16 February 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

At this point Marik is going to conquer the whole IS by politely saying "here, let me hold that for you. Want a beer?"

See, for us, it isn't really conquest, per se. That would be a rather imperialistic thing and implies some sort of grandiose territorial ambition planned by a centralized body. Oh no no no, that is not how we do things in Purple-land. We're just trying to make a purple doughnut around Terra so that there will be more fronts through which the Clans have to plow.

It's really just a very aggressive defensive policy :D

#33 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:17 PM

Marik's a lot of fun to drop with and against: lots of good players and good sports. I almost wish we could take a break on the Jade Falcon front to turn south a little, but that would mean the Falcons eating our lunch (and capital)

#34 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWazan

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:21 PM

Well, Dawn, hopefully we'll have some things squared away in the next couple days, and we'll have the resources to spare to send up to your border to help against the Clans. We can't help you on the attack, but we could get in some defensive matches, either with full Marik 12-mans, or maybe some old fashioned Marik Tier 2 PUG sync dropping mixing our guys and yours.

Edited by Ilithi Dragon, 16 February 2015 - 01:22 PM.

#35 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:54 PM

You know, if you guys want to get together sometime and take a break from the clans for some classic good natured IS vs IS fighting, we could probably agree on a time to meet during the off hours when things are otherwise quiet.

#36 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:06 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 16 February 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

You laugh but last night I'm in TS in a mixed drop and someone sees Marik attacking the Davion border and mentions how many worlds you guys have taken and the consensus really can't down to

"Mah, those guys are cool. I think there is some sort of plan around it. Let 'em have it."

In Shocking Development, Davions Clanner Rats Are Even Too Stupid To Understand When They Are Under Attack. While I Applaud House Marik's Original Thinking In This Matter, It Seems That It Has Left Your Forces Somewhat Underprepared For Actual Combat, Ha Ha Ha.

#37 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:15 PM

View Posthopterque, on 16 February 2015 - 08:06 PM, said:

In Shocking Development, Davions Clanner Rats Are Even Too Stupid To Understand When They Are Under Attack. While I Applaud House Marik's Original Thinking In This Matter, It Seems That It Has Left Your Forces Somewhat Underprepared For Actual Combat, Ha Ha Ha.

How many Kurita worlds did they take before you guys were like 'hey.... wait.... that's... are you guys holding like 20% of Kurita space plus Dieron?'

#38 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:34 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 16 February 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

How many Kurita worlds did they take before you guys were like 'hey.... wait.... that's... are you guys holding like 20% of Kurita space plus Dieron?'

#39 Sir Roland MXIII

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:40 PM

Honestly, kinda impressed with how you handled this one Hlynka. I don't know if I would've been able to laugh something like that off as is my usual reaction, so props to you and Ilithi both.

#40 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:16 PM

View PostHlynkaCG, on 14 February 2015 - 10:24 PM, said:

Earlier tonight (17 minutes prior to NA cease-fire) I found myself in a Pug drop, defending Ulan Bator against a mixed group of FWLG and others.

Long story short Omega was taken down in the first wave and the FWL players proceeded to camp our drop zone. No one enjoys being farmed, and no one likes being patronized while they're being farmed. I lost my temper and said some things that were out of line.

I would like to apologize to everyone who was in that match, and to player Orcsbow (I think that was his name) in particular who ended up becoming the unwitting target of my frustration and wrath.

Mea Culpa.

I was in that drop and was trolling a bit at the start...

The dude that was "patronizing" you was actually telling everybody to stop trolling...

I told him that his comments were actually "patronizing" and were even more trollish than typical troll comments..

So in short... the dude was not "patronizing" and was actually asking people in ts3 to stop trolling...

internetz ftw.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users