51 replies to this topic

#41 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:40 PM

View PostMycrus, on 16 February 2015 - 09:16 PM, said:

I was in that drop and was trolling a bit at the start...

The dude that was "patronizing" you was actually telling everybody to stop trolling...

I told him that his comments were actually "patronizing" and were even more trollish than typical troll comments..

So in short... the dude was not "patronizing" and was actually asking people in ts3 to stop trolling...

internetz ftw.

Don't worry. VOIP is coming, then nobody will have to worry about that sort of misunderstanding and all trolling in game will stop.

#42 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:52 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 16 February 2015 - 09:40 PM, said:

Don't worry. VOIP is coming, then nobody will have to worry about that sort of misunderstanding and all trolling in game will stop.

#43 HlynkaCG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:48 AM

View PostIlithi Dragon, on 15 February 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:

HlynkaCG, could you privately message me any names that you remember saying those things?

It's water under under the bridge at this point so don't sweat it. I generally don't take screenshots of bad behavior unless it's full-on team-treason.

View PostMycrus, on 16 February 2015 - 09:16 PM, said:

I told him that his comments were actually "patronizing" and were even more trollish than typical troll comments..

So in short... the dude was not "patronizing" and was actually asking people in ts3 to stop trolling...

I just remembered his name in particular, because I managed to catch him alone and use him as a chew toy.

#44 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:21 AM

View PostHlynkaCG, on 17 February 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

It's water under under the bridge at this point so don't sweat it. I generally don't take screenshots of bad behavior unless it's full-on team-treason.

I just remembered his name in particular, because I managed to catch him alone and use him as a chew toy.

See... no good deed goes unpunished..

i quit ts3 after his moral lecture... aint nobody gonna stop me from trolling....

#45 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:30 AM

View PostIlithi Dragon, on 15 February 2015 - 06:24 PM, said:

Hey, Samurai, what was that one tenant of Bushido... It started with an R....

Oh, yeah.

Respect.

Maybe you and the rest of NKVA should actually start practicing it. Or maybe even learn what it means.

Pay them no heed-they are trying to be the next HoL-well at least the smack talking aspect of it.

OP, it's great that you can humble yourself like that-but if what you say happened actually did, then there is 100% no excuse EVER for their behaviour. Spawn camping is bad enough in itself, but trolling whilst doing it?
Shameful in the extreme.

#46 Tumbling Dice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Limits of the Twilight Zone

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:40 AM

View PostVance Rezak, on 15 February 2015 - 07:18 PM, said:

Smoke adders are against trolling, but as for spawn camping it is really a tactic and doubt PGI will do anything further about it,

Back in the day when we were jumping out of choppers, we never jumped into a hot LZ if there was an alternative nearby. It would take some code, but I would like to see the drops done in another zone if the original drop zone is "hot." The new map wouldn't help much, but if you are defending Boreal or Sulpherous it could change the outcome. Could I said, not would.

Jumping from choppers meant the chopper never touched down. Hovered or slowly moving if there was room. Jumped 2-8 feet. Not that you think I was parachuting. Never happen. Not me. No sir.

Edited by Wolfiac, 17 February 2015 - 10:45 AM.

#47 Euphoric1RW

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:00 AM

That would be a good idea. If too many enemy mechs were detected in drop zone, have an alternate, or even drop zone turrets, but those could be destroyed, unless they were made to be shielded some how, so you can't kill them, like the drop ships.

#48 BerserX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 424 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:05 AM

Give the invading drop ships ERLL's! :D

#49 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:25 AM

IMO the Dropships should come less often but be way more dangerous. Give them AC20s, LPLs and the like.

#50 Tumbling Dice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Limits of the Twilight Zone

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:00 PM

View PostHlynkaCG, on 18 February 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

IMO the Dropships should come less often but be way more dangerous. Give them AC20s, LPLs and the like.

This is a good option too. Make farming a drop zone hazardous to your health. Lethal, if your torso is line of site from drop ship.

#51 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:30 PM

View PostWolfiac, on 18 February 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

This is a good option too. Make farming a drop zone hazardous to your health. Lethal, if your torso is line of site from drop ship.

Problem with that is CW would be utterly unplayable due to map design. Boreal and Sulphur require the attackers to go through the drop zones to get to Omega.

#52 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:52 AM

This game has the best in-game VOIP I've encountered, really. The general age of MWO seems to be higher than many other games. A lot of times dropping with FRR it feels like the in-game voip is a CB radio and I'm talking to a bunch of fellow truckers, heh. Really awesome to hear guys that sound like they're in their 40s-50s calling out things and having a grand time.

As far as censoring chat and sportsmanship, I'll always prefer a match in which both sides are satisfied in all respects. However, I'm always a fan of the thought process saying "oh, that person said something that made me upset, I will now mute him" instead of "oh, that person said something that made me upset, I will now report him to all possible authorities"

I understand that internal policing of behavior is important to some units, and I also understand attempting to foster a certain dynamic within those groups. I wouldn't dream of barging into Seraphim's TS and spewing racial slurs and nasty words (although to be fair, all those things I do often in the proper company, all about decorum and discretion), but to play devil's advocate (get it, heh), completely cutting off and insulating a youngster from the outside world can be counter-productive. It is better for them to see someone make a fool of themself; the attending guardian/role model can tell them "now son, that guy was being an idiot, you shouldn't do that" instead of "QUICK AVERT YOUR EYES AND EARS YOU CAN'T SEE THIS"

but those are just my mostly worthless thoughts right before getting out of working that third shift.

Glad to see any inner sphere pilot worth his salt by my side, though. Christian, Zoroastrian, Muslim, Agnostic, Atheist, 12 years old or a retired bird colonel. One of the best parts of this game is sharing a common fun experience with people the world over, from extremely diverse backgrounds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users