Which Clan Would You Prefer To Be Your Ruler?

122 replies to this topic

#21 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:15 AM

I hope you enjoy your irradiated Alshain

#22 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:37 AM

Clan Sea Fox ... at least then I know I get great goods.

#23 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:52 AM

The Clan that treats its freebirths with the same regard as its trueborns.

#24 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:03 AM

Clan Rai$en perhaps, the king'd be like Särimner slaughtered every night for the amusement of his people only to rise again in the morning.

Other than that I don't think GMO freaks are good for much except as sex slaves,

#25 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:13 AM

View Postjeirhart, on 16 February 2015 - 10:54 PM, said:

No idea what that is. Pretty sure you made that up.

A clannerd that doesn't know $#!+ about clan history...
Should I be surprised? That's what it takes for the clans to look like they're worth a damn.
It's all "Ooh, shiny technology" until you read their history.

I doubt anyone could relate to the communist test tube babies if they actually realized they were communists and practiced slavery.
A clan's khan is "elected" about like Joseph Stalin was elected.

Whatever planet is occupied by a clan, I doubt they care which one it is, unless it's "Clan Bomb-the-Whole-City-From-Space".

View PostApostal Sinclair, on 16 February 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

Everyone knows Wolverine became the Word of Blake jihadists!

This has got to be a troll answer. Surely, nobody is this stupid.
Withdrawn. OMG, the lore makes the game even less believable. :rolleyes:

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 17 February 2015 - 09:08 AM.

#26 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:13 AM

View PostLiquid Leopard, on 17 February 2015 - 04:10 AM, said:

A clannerd that doesn't know $#!+ about clan history...
Should I be surprised? That's what it takes for the clans to look like they're worth a damn.
It's all "Ooh, shiny technology" until you read their history.

See:

View Postdervishx5, on 16 February 2015 - 11:19 PM, said:

Posted Image

#27 Time Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:17 AM

Clan MacLeod.

#28 Salinor

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:29 AM

Clan Jade Wolf

#29 Angry bovine

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:08 AM

View PostbobF, on 17 February 2015 - 01:14 AM, said:

The Ghost Bear Dominion was what the area of space was called after the FRR was rekt by the unstoppable Ghost Bear Touman, and our entire Clan immigrated (in secret) from Clan space into the former CG occupation zone. This made the other Clans so mad, they abjured CGB. Without going into extensive inter-Clan politics regarding the Home Clans vs the Invading Clans, the Ghost Bear Dominion was viewed as being simply Too Awesome to have CGB be an "official" Clan anymore. This is when CGB also adopted a Warden stance.

It wasn't until the jihad that what remained of the FRR began negotiations to formally combine the two states into one Super Awesome State of Ultimate Badass.

So you see, there's a happy ending. CGB realized the Great Father's vision (the only Clan to practically do so), the peoples of the former FRR were smoothly integrated into the new government, the Kungsarme proved itself in Trials and earned places of honor, and the result was the Most Powerful Force in the Universe.

I'm guessing you would've been one of the mutinous dezgra from the naughty units, that were brought to heel by their own military command. The shame.

If you have any questions, I recommend visiting this thread.

The Ghost bears were not abjured when they moved to the inner sphere. it was proposed, but failed.

#30 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:12 AM

Clan Dead-And-Buried-Clanners.

#31 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostTime Bandit, on 17 February 2015 - 04:17 AM, said:

Clan MacLeod.

There can be only one.

#32 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:41 AM

Oh come now, surely you'd much prefer Clan wolf to be your overlords, is there really any question? We're the Wardens after all, but hey I mean I guess if you want to live beneath the boot of our cutthroat crusader brethren, be my guest.

#33 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:44 AM

I guess clan olf or clan Hells Horses would be most suited, they allow more individual freedom and so most IS people would probably be happier in these structures.

later in History maybe the GB's since they changed much of their original doctrine.

#34 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:53 AM

I hear alot of talk from Kurita about this Die Clan. Maybe they wouldn't be so bad.

#35 LocustStar

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:11 AM

Die, Clanner.

#36 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:19 AM

I would like to expand on my answer:

I would pick the Clan Sea Fox first for the pure fact of their ability to negotiate, trade, and commerce. Unlike many of the other clans, Clan Sea Fox builds itself on trade routes and hopefully will find a home planet or system to call its own some day. All the while they continue to bring in wealth and expand in IS with good will more so then the boot. Not to say they can't fight because they are just as much clan and follow traditions but they look to bring the IS under control and to help save themselves more then crush into oppression (like Jade Falcon or the others).

The second option would be clan Nova Cat, yes the mystics as some call them, but it is for their tradition to honor and hope to also find a place for safe haven.

Many of the other clans are led to just blood letting, slaughter, oppression, and ultimately the rule of the IS by crushing the weakness out of it. But there are a few who wish to make it stronger through growth and assimilation rather then destruction.

As for clan structure is a cast system for leadership, with your roll in life places you in how much say you have. In clan they also promote bigotry by tube babies are in leadership positions in the casts over their freeborn members. So overall structure of order is built on this cast system and after that you get into it's economical structure is a communistic structure that everything is for the whole. All the money, technology, research, and so on is to promote the group as a whole then just one person. This allowing the Khan of the clan to gain all recognition for what its members do then the member them-self.

Overall I would choose lone wolf or merc in the end because I do not want to listen to anyone. Not to mention the fact that half the damn time the clans go crazy and mass murder cities for no reason than fear tactic. Or anyone remember orbital bombardment of a planet which was so devastating that the clans then band the use of warships in their conquest? So yeah ... .

#37 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:23 AM

View PostAbivard, on 17 February 2015 - 12:01 AM, said:

You still want to be absorbed by Rasalhague? We don't want to be your ruler, but we will still give you asylum, just like in the lore.

Wait. WE got absorbed by Rasalhague?

Posted Image

Thanks. I needed that.

#38 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:31 AM

View PostLiquid Leopard, on 17 February 2015 - 04:13 AM, said:

This has got to be a troll answer. Surely, nobody is this stupid.

Not sure if your RPing or not, but there is quite a bit of speculation that the Wolverines became the Minnisota Tribe (the 331st), which in turn, became the WoB. This is even all theory in BT lore, but still a possibility, so not sure why your claiming troll....unless Im missing something?

http://www.sarna.net.../Clan_Wolverine

Look in the Legacy section. Yes the info claimed by Uncle Chandy could have been cooked up to get the bears involved full force in the Jihad, but its still possible....according to lore.

Edited by AdamBaines, 17 February 2015 - 07:39 AM.

#39 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:02 AM

View Postjeirhart, on 16 February 2015 - 10:54 PM, said:

No idea what that is. Pretty sure you made that up.

Clan Wolverine was annihilated by Clan Wolf in 2823. The survivors under Trish Ebon made it back to the IS in 2825 and raided the Draconis Combine, as the so-called "Minnesota Tribe." In Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, it is stated but wholly unsubstantiated that ComStar caught up to the former Wolverines and settled them on Mars and the Five Hidden Worlds, from which they they formed a secret cabal called "The Blood." The Blood ultimately subverted ComStar, became the driving force behind the Word of Blake and ultimately the fiercely anti-clan Manei Domini.

The other sourcebooks also suggest that one group of Wolverines under a commander named Varus conquered Granada and Nueva Castille and formed the Umayyad Caliphate. Meanwhile, another group of Wolverine refugees apparently worked their way around the Periphery from the Draconis Combine, and past the Federate Suns and the Capellan Confederation before settling on a far away planet tantalizingly named "McEvedy's Folly," located rimward of the free Worlds League and the Magistracy of Canopus. They established a base there, but it was abandoned sometime before 3025. It was discovered during an archaelogical dig in 3095, but the Word Of Blake showed up and promptly nuked it from orbit.

And that's where it stands since Catalyst has never finished the story. However, I recommend that anyone interested in Clan Wolverine read Blaine Lee Pardoe's excellent Betrayal of Ideals, which is the true story of the "Not-Named" and their annihilation.

Edited by Joshua McEvedy, 17 February 2015 - 08:00 AM.

#40 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:05 AM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 17 February 2015 - 12:44 AM, said:

Sadly I do not think pgi will ever allow that to happen. They have already used the first dirty trick in the bag, faction bribery(in the name of balance) and I am sure they would even go so low to have map resets or server damage (caugh caugh) before they let it happen.

The devs are simply that biased

I wouldn't call shifting rewards around to be a 'dirty trick'. The fact of the matter is that some factions have a much larger player base than others. I think ideally, PGI would prefer that each House and Clan had roughly the same number of players, but since they know that won't happen on its own, they are trying to shift things around to attempt to reach that ideal.

...can't say if I'm certain if this is successful or not, or if this is a viable or sustainable method, but that is the intent that I see behind it.

I also cannot say that map resets and such are biased so much as it is exactly what PGI said was going to happen when discussing certain facets of CW. They already pointed out that there would be map resets that would occur on a seasonal basis...though they have not defined exactly how long a season is.

I do know that there will be a reset when they start releasing more stuff regarding CW (such as what to do with all of the money accrued by units that, for the time being, does nothing).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users