#41 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:48 AM

No true urban map yet sad face.

VOIP in game? Happy face unless it fills up with spammers and hate spew.

We use raidcall in my unit and TS via the FRR hub so there is always that option.

Global chat for quick CW 12 man building? Priceless.

#42 DeRazer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:50 AM

No love for Catapults... :(

#43 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:55 AM

View PostEgomane, on 17 February 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

I hope this is not the same drive you use for your operating system.

Please always leave 10 to 20 % of all your drives for the filesystem. For example for defragmentation. Your drive will thank you with a better performance and a longer lifetime if you do.

The patch comes as a single package and needs some space on the drive. It will need to be extracted, before it is applied to the game files and therfore needs even more space then the download indicates.

It's not, btw, I have a drive that's only my OS, the one with games just ended up with some other stuff and got a bit cluttered. I cleaned it up, and am re-attempting the patch, but it struck me as weird it needed that much space just for a patch is all.

#44 Sergeant Miles

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 53 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCA

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:57 AM

Whole morning wasted on having to re-install the game...because of this patch. It's making a second install fold on my hard drive now.. WTF. I have no idea why it's reinstalling a again.

I am beside myself , looking at myself.. thinking.. WHY do I do this? Why do I subject myself to games that are NOT finished and do not meet the expectations they set for me.

It must be me.. I must be crazy! I don't think I can do this again. I won't allow myself to become so frustrated by a simple game. If this happens again.. I think I'll just stop playing completely until I read in the forums that the game is NO longer in Beta and it's as good as it can get.. then maybe I'll go back.

So.. I'm giving this game one last chance to NOT waste my time. There are so many other games that won't do that to me.

I'm just to sick and tired of this games inconsistent quality.. and I know they can do better.

#45 Sirgrant

• PipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSan DIego Area (Vista, CA)

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:57 AM

PGI, consider a VoIP toggle to eliminate the ability to hear dead people. This will eliminate the majority of the trolling that will occur...

#46 Revener

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSvea Rike

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:59 AM

Enforcer P invalid and lacking equipment for anyone else ?

never mind playing a match fixed it.

Edited by Revener, 17 February 2015 - 12:16 PM.

#47 Khwaj

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:00 PM

can we get a full complete list of Quirks? the one in the post is only this pass.

#48 RevancheCBT

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

"Special geometry"

What does 'special geometry' refer to?

#49 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:04 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 17 February 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

This needs looking at ASAP. Not only is it being forced upon us, some people may even get a performance hit off of it. And, on by default? REALLY? Some people don't go to the forums and read this stuff-imagine the amount of match chat spam "How I turn off voip????!!!!"
Having to re mute people too? 12 voices all talking at same time?
Come on guys.....

Huh?
You expect the usefull functions as chat or voip to be OFF by default to be noticed by people who don't go to the forum then?
having these on by default is the only way to make sure it is used by the ones who profit the most by it, pugs (who usually go less to the forums).

And don't tell me people can't just go to the options and look for a simple checkboy if they actively want to disable stuff...

#50 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:08 PM

Special Geometry means that some aspect of its appearance will differ from the stock design.

My question, and I'm sorry I missed it if I did... When does the premium time from Resistance purchases load?

#51 MFZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:09 PM

View PostKodyn, on 17 February 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

Anyone know how big this patch is?

86 MB

View PostRevener, on 17 February 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

Enforcer P invalid and lacking equipment for anyone else ?

Nope.

#52 Angels Bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:10 PM

you put the ac10 quirks on the orion v? really? the V, the orion with 2 ballistics slots perfect for the ac5s? yall must do this kinda crap on purpose. no one is this stupid by accident.

#53 RevancheCBT

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:13 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 17 February 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

Special Geometry means that some aspect of its appearance will differ from the stock design.

Thanks, MovinTarget.

#54 Squarebasher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:13 PM

We need to be able to test the VOIP.

#55 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:14 PM

Thanks for making the Awesome 8R absolutely useless now. The only reason it was worth piloting was the range quirk on lrms. You guys know that the Energy weapon placement on that mech are awful and nearly useless. And even with the range quirk, you were still limited, but at least it was fun to rain lrms on a mech that had no idea what was going on. Now I have to sell it for an Orion 1VA. I love awesomes, just not in MWO.

#56 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:14 PM

Well, now after clearing up over 20 gb of space, this patch still tells me the drive is full...it's now cumulatively filled up 22 or 23 gb, and still isn't able to finish?

Now I know I was running lean on drive space, but should this patch really need well over 20GB disc space just to install? How much does it need then? If I need to delete stuff I'd rather keep, then I need to know just how much has to be deleted, this is getting a bit ridiculous for a patch process....

#57 DaveRatters

• PipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 68 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:15 PM

VOIP is not working - not with everything set to default

UPDATE: VOIP works fine when using system settings - and so far no misuse of the VOIP

Edited by DaveRatters, 18 February 2015 - 07:01 AM.

#58 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:17 PM

I knew it! Wubshee got gutted...

#59 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:19 PM

Oh man - VoIP for PUG matches !?

Great !!

Lets see how this will work out...

#60 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:22 PM

View PostKodyn, on 17 February 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

Well, now after clearing up over 20 gb of space, this patch still tells me the drive is full...it's now cumulatively filled up 22 or 23 gb, and still isn't able to finish?

Now I know I was running lean on drive space, but should this patch really need well over 20GB disc space just to install? How much does it need then? If I need to delete stuff I'd rather keep, then I need to know just how much has to be deleted, this is getting a bit ridiculous for a patch process....

I'm currently patching myself, though I'm a bit behind, as I haven't played this month yet. I have taken a look to find where the patch is downloaded to.

I found it here:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\MechWarriorOnline

This is wherever your user profile is located. Usually on the C: drive with the operating system. Please check that drive if enough room is available for the patch. We can continue your troubleshooting via PM if need be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users