318 replies to this topic

#41 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:02 PM

1) Any chance we will see the VTR-9A and the La Malinche with jump jets? Please?

2) Are there any plans to implement MASC?

3) Are there any thoughts about have an ECM mech in each class for both IS and Clans? IS currently has Lights, a Medium, and an Assault, and Clans have Lights and a Heavy. I'm sure all would like options in all weight classes if possible...

#42 CgMass

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOK

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:03 PM

My question for Russ would be could we please plan the "Event" a little better. Please no events during weekends like Valentines day. If you want to continue to foster good relationships between people and have customers play the game please don't have events on weekends like that.

Also any chance a standard Event could be Thursday to Tuesday event instead of Friday to Sunday? Some people need a bit more time due to family commitments.

I've reached that point in my life that I can't sit down for hours on end anymore to play a game, which is one of the reason's I love MWO. If I have 15 mins I can get a few matches in. This unfortunately translates into needing more time to complete events.

Just a suggestion I would like to throw out there for us people that are Married with Kids and commitments other then just video games.

thanks

cg

#43 Phantom360

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 92 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOver where the grass is greener.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:04 PM

my grin grew insainly huge when seeing this mech silhouette :D

#44 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:04 PM

View PostWolfhagen, on 17 February 2015 - 01:54 PM, said:

Lets do a new Clan Assault.

Turkina ? No - it`s usefull.

Blood Asp ? Nooo, it`s usefull

Savage Coyote ? - uuuussssefull

Executioner ? - hmm, 8t JJ, 9t MASC, 380 XL, ... thinking ... 21t PodSpace left - yeah, absolutely useless, lets do it

Will MASC be hardwired in or able to remove? I was actually think this thing could be useful honestly...

Also think it has 26.5 tons of pod space

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 17 February 2015 - 02:13 PM.

#45 Destructicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:05 PM

Question:

Can we possibly get an update on a possible mech animation pass and an update on Enrique's post?
Could we expect any improvement to mech animations at all by the end of 2015?
Also
Is MASC ready?
*coughshadowcat cough*

Edited by Destructicus, 17 February 2015 - 02:08 PM.

#46 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:10 PM

Can we get updates on the state of the following items:

1. User interface (50 of the same engine picture, module/engine search function, mech search filters, hundreds of clicks to unlock/upgrade weapons modules)
2. Pilot skill tree v2.0
3. Progress on new CW modes (4v4/8v8 previously hinted)
4. Adding depth to CW/reasons to go loyalist and reasons to care about getting and holding planets
5. Increasing rewards in CW (I make 200-350k with PT when pugging in 8 minutes, why play CW?)
6. ETA on a CW-centric event (i.e. massive single planet weekend long battle, all other fronts under ceasefire)
7. 3 ceasefires a day and the speed which planets flip (i.e. the collapse of FRR)
8. Top tier achievements and the exponential increases to obtain them (both regular achievements and LP achievements). Who gets 10,000 headshots?

#47 Azakael

• PipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:11 PM

Looking at the spoiler silhouette, is seems like we're getting the Executioner, and likely the Viper and Fire Moth. That tells me PGI has an idea of what to do with MASC. Given that the MASC system is what held the Flea up, will we actually see a release of the Flea, or did the Locust kill the Flea for now?

#48 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:14 PM

View PostDnyarri, on 17 February 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

The Ilya Muromets just had its ballistics quirk changed from the AC/10 to the AC/5. To fully take advantage of quirks this would follow a 3 mlas, 3 ac/5 build which is quite light on a mech of this size. The 3 UAC/5 build was very popular on this mech back in the day.. Would it be worth considering either changing the ballistic/ac5 cooldown reduction to something such as reduced jamming chance?
3 AC5 and 3 ML is what i have ran on it all along and the new quirks help it stay a great build. Was my first build i mastered because of the weapon load out. Its a great load out.

#49 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:14 PM

Question:
Are you going to continue making the game more solo friendly? Are you going to do anything to support/encourage people to join units?
We have solo queue and group queue, is CW in danger of that?

#50 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:18 PM

QUESTION

When will you allow mechs to raise their arms to fire? There are too many obstacles the maps that make ATLAS and other chassis feel very impotent which narrows the diversity.

Edited by Mitsuragi, 17 February 2015 - 02:19 PM.

#51 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:19 PM

Any plans in the near future for a really large map? Say 10 km x 10 km? All of which is traversable?
How about a scrolling system from area to area?

Thanks,

Gorgo7

#52 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:25 PM

What are your plans for the Futur of Community Warfare. Do you plan on bringing more realistic way to choose a faction/contract for the Mercs? About the Mercs, do you plan on making them actually owned by a faction and not just able to go whatever they want without problem? Seriously, it has already created a lot of problem.

#53 Jaawa

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 16 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:26 PM

Now that the next pack is confirmed to be clans, and not a Resistance reinforcement, what's the plan for the Black Knight and Cyclops?

#54 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:26 PM

Any plans regarding the release of individual mechs or are you simply rolling out package deals from now on? I for one loved getting a Hero variant for each chassis as they were introduced into the game and hope to see this approach returned to some degree.

Also, in order to stop the wave after wave of lights prevailing in CW, would you consider limiting one of each weight category for drop decks instead of leaving the 240 rule in place? I believe it would do a lot to alter the dynamics of CW matches.

Mauler.

Mauler Mauler Mauler Mauler Mauler Mauler!

Mauler!

#55 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:34 PM

Can you discuss your map design philosophy? A lot of the maps are designed specifically AWAY from role warfare, i.e. they're small and do not require players to scout or WORK to find the enemy. Is this for technical purposes (less space to render), or are you simply trying to appeal to casuals instead by funneling them towards combat more quickly?

#56 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Question:
Is changing C-bill bonus for lessor populated or under performing factions the only planed fix for balance with clan wars?
Please explain again why you cant do more faction specific rewards such as *unique* (cant be bought with c-bills or MC) camo patterns, colors, cockpit items, war-horns etc.... as a long time player c-bills mean very little to me and provide 0% motivation to stay loyal or fight for one faction or the other.
Quirks have been beaten to death by this point if you get to this question but if this has not been discussed yet:
Are you willing to allow the community more involvement with quirks or provide conclusions on how you come up with quirks?

Edited by LordLosh, 17 February 2015 - 02:35 PM.

#57 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Community Warfare Questions:

1. Will there be Faction Ranks beyond Rank 20?

2. If no Faction Ranks beyond Rank 20, will there be any unique recognition for a gamer who achieves Rank 20 in two or more Factions?

3. What is the future for Mercenary Corps Units ACCOUNTABILITY? Currently Mercenary movements through the Factions unhinge ANY and ALL Loyalist Plans and Peace Treaties as some of the larger Mercenary Corps Units assume Faction Instruments of Statecraft for themselves: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4153665 This has become a problem that could be resolved if Mercenary contracts only permitted Mercenaries to operate against IS or Clan but NOT both. Let Clan on Clan and IS on IS combat be the realm of Loyalist Forces.

4. Will a PGI "man-in-the-loop" be maintained with respect to the Faction Pathing Algorithm? The whole point of the Trials leading up to OPN REVIVAL was to determine which Clan gained which Invasion Corridors. The current algorithm's unfortunate propensity to cross back and forth toward one flank or the other, sealing off another Clan's Invasion Corridor is so very much against Lore or indeed ANY common and acceptable military practice. Some attention to detail in this area would be greatly appreciated.

5. Now that it has been released by Twitter that the next Mech Package will be Clan Wave Three, can we begin to look forward to the following Mech Package being a Com Guard Package (Cyclops, Black Knight, Crab and Flea)? If so what would be the timing of such a package? NOV (in time for Christmas15?

#58 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:35 PM

With the new quirk system and weapons being more potent as a result, what impact has this had on TTK and do you think no change is necessary or might some balance changes be forthcoming?

I know TTK has been a hot topic before with several players asking for more armor, but I'd suggest increasing weapon cooldowns across the board instead to keep it all in line.

#59 Parjai Skirata

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:39 PM

2 part question here regarding camo patterns:

1) What is the status (if any) on getting the Clan camo's to work with the Wave 1 mechs?

2) Will future Clan mech waves be able to use those patterns?

#60 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:40 PM

Can we get a Geometry pass on the Catapults? There's been a long standing thread for over a year that has gotten no real attention that honestly should be given to one of the first four chassis offered in MWO. There have been good ideas posted and many inquiries as to why missile weapons do not adequately fill out the strict missile tube limits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users