23 replies to this topic

#1 Zfailboat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:44 PM

Hi Everyone.

I am pleased to announce that DSA (Darkstar Alliance) will be hosting a Anzac day event in MWO on Saturday 25th April. DSA is still working out the exact details of a few of these events, however the primary focus of the events will be to bring the Australian / New Zealand communities within MWO together for a day of fun and celebration.

The event will take place on the DSA Team Speak Sever. And is expected to be an all day event. All MWO players based in Australia and New Zealand along with our friends (and enemies) who play with us during our time zone are encouraged to join in for the day along with us.

Events will start fairly early in the day on Saturday (NZ time) and continuing until late into the night.

Further details will be posted in the next week or 2, including special comedy events with a few prizes (Details pending) to be provided.

All will be welcome to drop by on the day to join in, however if possible please post below if you think you can make it so we can get some initial numbers to make sure our Team Speak Server is upgraded to meet the right demand.

Our TeamSpeak details are ts.darkstar-alliance.com:7465 (no password), feel free to drop by at any time and have a chat to any of the officers before hand if you are thinking of joining us.

Edited by Zfailboat, 17 February 2015 - 02:44 PM.

#2 Dazc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:48 PM

Great stuff Zfail's
We can host up to 200 people on our Teamspeak server and admins will be standing by to assist.
What an awesome way to honor those that served.
Lest we forget.

#3 Grimnar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationQLD, Australia

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:13 PM

Thanks to zfail and DSA for organising this, should be a tonne of fun! I know there will likely be a few of the OMC boys coming out of retirement, myself included, and our regulars will probably be getting in on this as well throughout the day. Also just in case anyone from OMC raises the subject, the "Leg Grimnar" event is a lie.

See yas on the battlefield o7
Lest we forget.

#4 Ratu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 214 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:33 PM

'Leg Grimnar' hey? Sounds suspissiously like the 'Leg Ratu', 'Leg Daz' and 'Leg Alzarns Fire' events which our guys have suggested......

#5 Grimnar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationQLD, Australia

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:43 PM

View PostRatu, on 17 February 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

'Leg Grimnar' hey? Sounds suspissiously like the 'Leg Ratu', 'Leg Daz' and 'Leg Alzarns Fire' events which our guys have suggested......

Yes, those events are acceptable as they don't involve me losing a leg.

Way back when, many moons ago (late 2012/early 2013), I once threatened to leg someone and it spiralled horribly (gloriously?) out of control. Long story short whenever my team doesn't agree with me I end up having to chose between my stubbornness and my attachment to my legs. Wasn't much of a detriment as a Stalker pilot back in the day but when I moved into a 'cada I started to notice the difference one measly leg has.

JayZ came rather close to double legging me in our HPL game and the OMC twats who were meant to be cheering us on started poking me on TS to try and make it happen >.<

tl;dr I'm cool with other people losing their legs :P

Random thought for an event I've always wanted to have. 24 hunchbacks and points are only awarded when the head laser is taken off without the 'mech dying. Seriously I've wanted something like this since the first round of closed beta :D

#6 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:02 PM

Expect to see a few ARMD members participating in this. We already have post in our forums pointing to this one.

I in no way wish to steal your thunder, but if you should max out your TS server you are welcome to use ours for the over flow. No point spending money when you don't have to. I am sure someone can liaise between servers.

I look forward to the shenanigans.

PS Flamer and machine gun only builds can be fun, although they do have a tendency to break PGI's servers. Embers are great for this.

#7 Zfailboat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:09 PM

Fantastic news to see both ARMD and OMC joining in.

Remember this event is open to anyone in the Aussie / NZ time zone, as well as friends and enemies of DSA / OMC / ARMD. regardless of if your solo, or part of a group, the more the merrier for this fantastic event.

Also I like your idea Grimnar, sounds quite hilarious.

One event we are likely (although not confirmed yet) to do will be the "Boxing Kangaroo" Event. in which everyone will be in spider 5V's (or other lights with massive numbers of jump jets). Everyone gets 2 medium lasers and whoever gets the most damage wins the prise.

#8 Dazc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:31 PM

Maybe its time to bring back 'Bag an officer' event. Problem is all the officers just never show up or run away.
Technically Im still running from the last 'Bag an officer' event :)

#9 Chaosity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:15 PM

I live in the wrong hemisphere, but I'll be there. Remember people, we celebrate these days for men that served to conserve freedom for more than just the people of their own country.

#10 Emdee

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:07 AM

A few of the Oceanic 228 guys have expressed interest. I'll try and be there, sounds like a blast!

#11 Obi1Raven

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

Nice event fellas, will muster up the Aussies and nightowls and pop over. Always good fights with you guys, and we can decide once and for all where lamingtons, pavlova and Russell Crowe come from!

Lest we forget..

Edited by Obi1Raven, 21 February 2015 - 07:11 PM.

#12 Chaosity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:06 AM

Is that it? I thought there were more Aussie/NZ/Oceanic groups out there.

#13 KODIAK-AU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 168 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Australia

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:47 AM

I'll try and grab the few aussies we have in my unit, should be good.

o7

#14 Zfailboat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:06 AM

Nice Wymodactyl,

Any and all welcome on the day

#15 Alzarns Fire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 221 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:51 PM

Lets get generating support for this event. I know its a while off but great if we can get a great build up. if any folks have suggestions for events then post them here. We are already cooking up ideas over at DSA... as long as they don't include T'king me! (ZFAILS and SHRIMP I am looing at you two! Bad boys!) :D

#16 Zfailboat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:35 PM

Just another reminder, this is getting closer.

All are invited.

#17 Daikyu Kell

• PipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 46 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:26 AM

Kell Hounds will be attending

Daikyu
Shiro
Chang

See ya all there

Edited by Daikyu Kell, 02 April 2015 - 02:28 AM.

#18 Changletonne

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:14 AM

I am so stoked for this event, I think this is a great idea!

Ill be keeping an eye on this post.

Cheers!

#19 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:47 AM

See you there.

Good topic.

5 stars

#20 Changletonne

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:04 AM

I will be looking forward to meeting some of these Aussie and NZ team players as I have seen a lot of familiar teams from the queues attending so far.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users