Check Out The Panther And Enforcer Special Variant Geometry!

87 replies to this topic

#41 Maljenio

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for the photos, i´ve lost an hour finding the geometry...

#42 Kev Rosse

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:40 AM

View PostTheDevilsIncarnate, on 18 February 2015 - 08:26 AM, said:

Underwhelming, yes, but I don't care too much because my panther and enforcer kick some serious ass.

I agree. I, for one was completely unaware there was supposed to be "special geometry" when I purchased the Wrath pack. I WAS counting on new mechs that are reasonably competitive and bring a different mix of hard points and quirks to the game... and I got that.

Edited by Kev Rosse, 18 February 2015 - 08:42 AM.

#43 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:48 AM

Are those tow points so we can salvage rekt clan mechs?

#44 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:28 AM

Can we please get full camo support on special geometry mechs some day? I am really looking forward to the first four camo options announced for the Invasion mechs.

Also, for the time beeing could we get an on/off switch for all our special geometry mechs, so we can also buy and use camouflage patterns for them please?

#45 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:22 PM

I have to join the underwhelmed chorus. That's not 'special' geometry, that's a couple of add-on luggage racks. At least some of the Phoenix 'mechs got extra armor panels. If that's all it is, you can feel free to omit it entirely and save any further work on it.

BTW, please fix the Enforcer's head. I'd rather have that than luggage racks.

Please put in more effort on the Zeus' 'special' geometry.

Edited by Malleus011, 18 February 2015 - 04:22 PM.

#46 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:28 PM

View PostMalleus011, on 18 February 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

BTW, please fix the Enforcer's head. I'd rather have that than luggage racks.

A million times this... Though the legs are way too big as well, and the shoulders need to b

DAMMIT YOU GOT ME STARTED AGAIN

#47 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:38 PM

they don't care and they wont listen. 99% sure we will get about the same: super, awesome, exciting, really good, perfect, artistic luggage/bicycle racks for the grasshopper and Zeus too

#48 D34DMetal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Locationin a Mad Cat duh...

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:40 PM

View PostBloodweaver, on 17 February 2015 - 06:26 PM, said:

Not to be a debbie downer, but... THIS is what the art team "didn't have time to finish?" ...really?

QFE. Seriously, what a sad excuse for special geometry; what is it like 5 polys tacked on in Google SketchUp? Equally sad, if not more so that the art team couldn't finish the mechs for an on-time release.

#49 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:46 PM

I might've been a little harsh before. How about this instead:

As a Wrath buyer, I think I would be happy if you further delayed the Special Geometry on all the Resistance 'mechs, and brought them more into line with the excellent work done on Founders, Phoenix, and Clan packs. Take a month if you need it. Waiting on the special geometry for the Zeus is welcome to take extra time as well, if you guys need it.

Right now, I wouldn't point out the Resistance skin or the special geometry as a 'selling point' to a fellow player wondering if they should get the Wrath pack instead of waiting for C-Bill versions. Please give me a reason to change that.

And, the Enforcer could really use a little tweaking of the head area to bring it more in line with the concept art. It has chipmunk cheeks now. Don't make us fight the Clans with chipmunk cheeks.

Edited by Malleus011, 18 February 2015 - 04:46 PM.

#50 Ballimbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:51 PM

View PostMalleus011, on 18 February 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

Please put in more effort on the Zeus' 'special' geometry.

Why should the effort only go into the Zeus? Should go evenly into all the chassis.

Edit:
You said it yourself in your later post. So we're in the same boat. ;)

Edited by Ballimbo, 18 February 2015 - 04:53 PM.

#51 Oddr

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

Personally, I would rather there just be a unique camo and that be all. That way we could then apply standard camos to the mech as well. I really do not like being limited to only the special camo on the special variant.

#52 Brother Calidus

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:18 PM

Hell, even the free Anniversary Mechs (King Crab, Atlas and Centurion) were waaay better it terms of unique geometry (ignoring the awesome paint jobs).

#53 0rionsbane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:23 PM

thanks for the bike rack, can i salvage some clan **** with that now?

Honestly I dont care its unique (barley) and im sure i wont get lrm'd to death because of a pixel with difference its minimal if they even have different hit boxes from this. the camo spec is ok,

but what i really want is for the panther to have that arm a bit smaller and held higher, that's all its quite big and low and for the enforcer to look a little less like a fat guy with a backpack. good mech looks meh. anyway im happy with how they are just minor things will always irk people.

Edited by 0rionsbane, 18 February 2015 - 05:24 PM.

#54 Burning Chrome

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 248 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:55 PM

Wow...just wow.

I was hoping for something to change my mind on purchasing some new mechs but nope.

The Enforcer debacle is still unresolved...or any word confirming that they will fix it or not.

Scale down the head a bit, make it resemble the concept art more and add the aerial.

Profit.

Like many others, I was expecting more from the special varant geo.

The Panther turned out very well, and it is obvious more time and polish was spent on it vs the Enforcer.

Put the Urbanmech on hold and fix the Enforcer please.

#55 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:57 PM

uhhmmmm ok guys ......been patient with phoenix and Clan "special geometry" (well clans really had them but)......i'll be honest i'm not satisfied because this is not special ....it's just a bunch of racks i mean there should be a reason to call them SPECIAL.

Just need a little more effort for the next Mech Pack please. I mean it's nice from you but we need something that really tells other people that the pack you sell is unique and special not only by colors or details that people will not even notice during the match. For example the Phoenix Project concept art was ...woooww.....but the final product didn't reflect that concept art because a lot of people was expecting those sweet decals on our mechs.

This is the 3rd pack guys , theres time to make them better ;)

Still thanks for the mechs and looking forward for the next pack.

P.D: Speaking of decals......wouldn't be a good idea to put the concept art decals from phoenix concept on our phoenix mechs when you introduce such feature? I mean THAT would be nice and make it a complete product.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by strikebrch, 18 February 2015 - 11:12 PM.

#56 SilentSooYun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 426 posts
  • LocationTikonov

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:58 PM

Can't really complain, personally... although I do miss the Enforcer's "face antenna". That, to me, was kinda iconic to the Enforcer.

#57 Jaraii

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:35 PM

I have to add my 2 cents that this is thoroughly underwhelming compared to the potential I had imagined, especially as it was one of the things I'd been looking forward to when I bought the wrath pack.

#58 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:53 PM

View Poststrikebrch, on 18 February 2015 - 05:57 PM, said:

uhhmmmm ok guys ......been patient with phoenix and Clan "special geometry" (well clans really had them but)......i'll be honest i'm not satisfied because this is not special ....it's just a bunch of racks i mean there should be a reason to call them SPECIAL.

Just need a little more effort for the next Mech Pack please. I mean it's nice from you but we need something that really tells other people that the pack you sell is unique and special not only by colors or details that people will not even notice during the match. For example the Phoenix Project concept art was ...woooww.....but the final product didn't reflect that concept art because a lot of people was expecting those sweet decals on our mechs.

This is the 3rd pack guys , theres time to make them better ;)

Still thanks for the mechs and looking forward for the next pack.

P.D: Speaking of decals......wouldn't be a good idea to put the concept art decals from phoenix on our phoenix mechs when you introduce such feature? I mean THAT would be nice and make it a complete product.
Posted Image
Posted Image

This guy gets it! I 2nd i want the cool decals in the art lol

#59 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

View PostAthrael Emathors, on 18 February 2015 - 04:00 AM, said:

Ok, so ppl freaking out over some tack-on geometry...oh its the forums...

PGI gives ppl some cake and they cry because the cherries on top are too small.

Go away, come back, and then try again when you have a better contribution to make.

ok...go!

#60 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:15 PM

Sorry that geometry is not special. The time wasted on that could be used in making old mechs have new geometry so we could see what guns they have equiped. Instead of having lasers shooting from nowhere and UAC 5's shooting AC10 projectiles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users