Check Out The Panther And Enforcer Special Variant Geometry!

87 replies to this topic

#81 KingB4n4n4

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:26 AM

Found it at the german forum...
Just do that PGI! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#82 ViridianKnight

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts
  • LocationThe Underdark

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:28 AM

View Poststrikebrch, on 18 February 2015 - 05:57 PM, said:

P.D: Speaking of decals......wouldn't be a good idea to put the concept art decals from phoenix concept on our phoenix mechs when you introduce such feature? I mean THAT would be nice and make it a complete product.
Posted Image
Posted Image

so im not the only one who thinks there is content still to be deliverd

Posted ImagePosted Image

thes are the ingame graphics for ur mechbay, pls note the decals on the shadowhawk
the other 3 dont have those tough
and jet, still i think they were intended to have them
exspecialy since the "unique" camo differs only verry littel from the standart camo
and the advertising showing: phoenix varint looking like this, and std. variant looking like that
as picture 3 clerly shows

AND IT IS NOT AS ADVERTISED!!!

was it realy that hard to put some littel efford into those textures
for my part i can not belive this

Edited by ViridianKnight, 28 February 2015 - 03:46 AM.

#83 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:49 AM

View PostViridianKnight, on 28 February 2015 - 03:28 AM, said:

so im not the only one who thinks there is content still to be deliverd

Posted ImagePosted Image

thes are the ingame graphics for ur mechbay, pls note the decals on the shadowhawk
the other 3 dont have those tough
and jet, still i think they were intended to have them
exspecialy since the "unique" camo differs only verry littel from the standart camo
and the advertising showing: phoenix varint looking like this, and std. variant looking like that
as picture 3 clerly shows

AND IT IS NOT AS ADVERTISED!!!

was it realy that hard to put some littel efford into those textures
for my part i can not belive this

lol joining the unwashed that say PGI are ripping us off with the special geometry, the special camo and the faction camo, sorry, but, this is all things that should anyone decide to take to a court of law, you would lose PGI.

You do NOT provide what you advertise, and you deliver the faction camo half way through a pack, the things change in online games will not protect you from false advertising, if your legal team are telling you its ok, I'd get better ones, they are wrong.

#84 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:07 PM

After spending thousands of hours of my life programming, many of which were dedicated to a mechwarrior league, map making and designing a sector by sector proof of concept for a planetary league that players could navigate in...

I have to say that it would be disheartening to read these comments if I worked for PGI. Making models and maps and programming in general is time consuming, often aggravating and all that is balanced primarily by the accomplishment of creation. Feedback and review are crucial in programming, but I suggest we keep our comments encouraging towards improvement. This thread comes off like a bunch of spoiled kids complaining about the toppings on a pizza.

#85 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:17 PM

View PostMechregSurn, on 02 March 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

I have to say that it would be disheartening to read these comments if I worked for PGI. Making models and maps and programming in general is time consuming, often aggravating and all that is balanced primarily by the accomplishment of creation. Feedback and review are crucial in programming, but I suggest we keep our comments encouraging towards improvement. This thread comes off like a bunch of spoiled kids complaining about the toppings on a pizza.

I don't know if you noticed, but the purpose of this thread is p. much purely feedback.

also, that time consuming, often aggravating process called programming is those people's job, and we as customers are paying them to do their job. if it's done poorly, we'll offer feedback, mostly negative at that. don't know about you, but after reading this kind of thread, it would be all the encouragement I needed to step up my game.

#86 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:23 PM

The Enforcer 5D® has become my mech of choice, so I am excited for the upcoming addition of the unique geometry.

#87 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostYsemnu, on 26 February 2015 - 02:26 AM, said:

Found it at the german forum...
Just do that PGI! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Posted Image

That looks Amazing. wish this was the unique geomerty

#88 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:07 AM

View PostMechregSurn, on 02 March 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

Making models and maps and programming in general is time consuming, often aggravating and all that is balanced primarily by the accomplishment of creation.

But that is the point. We don't think they have accomplished a true creation. Merely a very minor cosmetic change, easily overpowered by camo-patterns. I can't really call that 'unique geometry'. Give your customers the thing you advertise. And if the current result truly is the result of a very time consuming process.....? Well, don't bother with it anymore. Put that time in something worthwhile and scrap 'unique geometry' entirely, don't use it as a selling point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users