Early Impressions Of The Enforcer Chassis?

94 replies to this topic

#1 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

So far, have only taken out the 4R and 5D for spins.

The 4R I really like. Stapped a 255XL in mine, and then went very odd on the hardpoints, with a UAC5 in the RA, 3x Mlasers in the LA, and then a Slaser and ERPPC in the LT. Slaser really is only there to pop the PPC into the high mount.

Mech handles well, and feel pretty good jumping. My build is hot, if I'm not careful but has been pretty effective for me. That super high shoulder PPC is a godsend. So far I have gotten 2 kills each match with it. High damage on in the 500s, but it's still a fully locked chassis, so give it time.

The 5D's big advantage over the 4R is of course the engine cap. SO I built mine as a flanker/brawler. 280xl, 2 JJs, LB-X, LPL and 2x Mlasers. So far the results are a little more mixed, being that I have to be more "in your face". But I like it.

Have not run the 5P yet, but really the only thing I can see to do with it is to remove the extra DHS and add Endo. Upgrade to an Mlaser, and run 5 tons of ammo for the UACs. I literally see nothing else worth doing with the chassis.

Chassis on the whole seems to have good handling, and very solid hitboxes. I don't notice any serious CT focus to dmg, or that the STs are especially fragile. I think I am going to like this mech, even with a goofy head.

And You?

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:36 PM

I only have experience shooting at it. The hitboxes seem ok.

#3 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:53 PM

I'm still working on my Panthers but people in Enforcers don't seem to want to be mobile. They turtle and poke or turret then get annihilated. This puzzles me as I haven't really seen them to be about burst or too squishy to engage. It seems like a pretty mobile mech with JJ but no one is using them right, at least from my matches.

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:54 PM

View PostVashramire, on 17 February 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

I'm still working on my Panthers but people in Enforcers don't seem to want to be mobile. They turtle and poke or turret then get annihilated. This puzzles me as I haven't really seen them to be about burst or too squishy to engage. It seems like a pretty mobile mech with JJ but no one is using them right, at least from my matches.

seen this a lot too. Not a good sniper/poptart IMO. I like having the ability to lay some down as I move, but it is very much a skirmisher.

#5 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:26 PM

I've only gotten to play a few rounds with the 5D but I love it so far. Went 280XL, 1 extra DHS, 2 medium lasers, ER Large Laser, LBX with 2 tons of ammo, and the stock number of jump jets. Feels durable and maneuverable, and even with only 11 heat sinks I'm able to keep firing for longer than I would have initially expected before having to watch my heat. I think I could remove a couple jump jets for perhaps another heat sink or something, but it seems good so far. Haven't felt like I'm hurting for another heat sink or another ton of ammo, and the jump jets do help give extra options on how to get from point A to point B.

I'm able to poke from range with the ERLL until the teams engage, then move in with the Mediums and LBX to provide some hurt up close and hopefully finish some folks off. I'm not about to lead the charge even if the mech can tank more than you'd expect. It's still a medium.

#6 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:30 PM

I'm not really "feeling" the enforcers. I used a similar pair of builds, lbx+3ml+std260 and 2uac5+ml+xlsomethingorother. Had the most success with the lbx+3ml, but... While its reasonably jumpy, I just wasn't feeling why I'd run it instead of an ac20 hbk or cn9. The uac5's just didn't work for me at all, really low slung. Not jumpy enough/properly armed for poptarting.

Overall it's hotboxes felt balanced, performance was fine - be slick with doubled basics and tweak.

But really? I expected it to really work for me, but it just didn't grab.

Now, my Panthers on the other hand? 6 matches with the ® model (10K or something?) All 6 of them with 3+ kills. That thing can poptart like a... Well, poptart. 100+ kph, heavily quirked ERPPC's or one and some ssrms... Either way worked really well for me, even without any skills. It definitely takes damage, is no Firestarter... But as a micro poptart its badass.

Edited by Wintersdark, 17 February 2015 - 08:32 PM.

#7 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:44 PM

I ran twin LBX on the 5P. It was slow but it was kind of silly. I'm going to try and emulate your builds Bishop, they sound neat.

#8 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:00 PM

I haven't gotten much chance to take them out yet. I've got my 5P rigged with a 265XL, 2xAC5 (4 tons ammo), 2xMG (1 ton ammo), and 1xML. Took it for a spin in the testing grounds, and I think I might have to dump the MGs for more ammo, but I want to try it in a live match first.

#9 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:03 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 February 2015 - 07:35 PM, said:

Have not run the 5P yet, but really the only thing I can see to do with it is to remove the extra DHS and add Endo. Upgrade to an Mlaser, and run 5 tons of ammo for the UACs. I literally see nothing else worth doing with the chassis.

You just need a gauss+ PPC/large class laser on the 5P. Stay back, peek, shoot, fade.

Edited by El Bandito, 17 February 2015 - 09:05 PM.

#10 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:28 PM

I have taken none into matches, just testing grounds.

5P - 2UAC & 1ML, boy does it run outta ammo fast. If I don't like it, there is always the Trollforcer.

5D - On Smurfy's, a 3LL & 2MG build looked good but it ran too hot so I do not advise it. Either going with 3ML & Gauss or AC10. LBX quirks are just not worth it.
LBX cooldown is half the Cent-D/Orion-M.
LBX velocity is the same as the Cent-D.
LBX range is unique.
Of the 3 Mechs with LBX quirks, only the Cent-D seemed worth using it on for the benefit.
I have run AC10 & 3ML on Hunchbacks so it is the same here just with JJ.

4R - have not figured out a build yet.

#11 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:42 PM

I've only run the twin uac5 one and the first thing i did was replace them with ac2's to test out the heat thing.
oh and a crap ton of ammo.

And you know what, it keeps mechs heads down.
3-4 of them all hiding avoiding the ac fire, well worth 50 tons.

I could frequently distract a mech while a light was eating it for breakfast.
Damage was low but kills were good.

I need more cash to put 3-4 ac2's in there, but thinking 3 will be the sweet spot.

#12 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts
  • LocationHell's ********, AKA Fresno.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:17 PM

I'm enjoying the 5D. I've kept it simple as I don't want to spend space bucks on a larger XL engine. So rockin' the XL250 it came with. Switched the FF with Endo, rocking an AC10, LL, and 2 ML, with 4JJ's. So far it's enjoyable. Have had several multi-kill games with respectable damage.

Here's a screen of my last game. I'm sure there are people out there who put me to shame, but I'm pretty happy with this considering I forgot to load modules on it and don't even have the basic's mastered.
Spoiler

Edited by Weaselball, 17 February 2015 - 11:35 PM.

#13 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:18 PM

Its the perfect 2 Gauss medium chassis!
5P

#14 funksoulbrother

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:39 PM

Have sold my enforcers to buy hunchabcks

#15 Kassatsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:47 PM

It's in the same boat as the vindicator for me. As in, it's terrible and people have to REALLY try to make it work, and even then, spend far more effort doing so than most other mechs do.

I don't want a faceroll mech, but I also don't want to intentionally handicap myself to "give me a challenge" or whatever excuse people that use mechs like these try to get away with.

If people find it works for them, more power to them. I'll stick with a 'good' mech. Like the Adder.

#16 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:56 PM

The only real luck I've had is a 5D with a 300XL, AC10 and 3MLs with plenty of ammo and 5 JJs. You get where you have no business being. If I get up on a forklift thing I can JJ all the way from under the parking garage up on top in Crimson.

I've tried AC5s on it but as you said; it's a skirmisher. My design involves a lot more run, shoot, run than yours.

I've never found an LBX to be anything but worthless on it. For giggles I actually went to the training area and shot at an Awesome there. With no armor, just an empty CT it took 7 shots to kill an unarmored Awesome at 180m.

3 shots with the regular AC10 at 500m.

The LB10X is so worthless anymore I just can't bring myself to even try to get it to work.

AC10, 3MLs and 97 kph with no tweaks and almost neutral heat has some uses.

Otherwise though I find the Enforcer, much like the Panther, to be at best mediocre.

#17 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:01 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 17 February 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

The only real luck I've had is a 5D with a 300XL, AC10 and 3MLs with plenty of ammo and 5 JJs. You get where you have no business being. If I get up on a forklift thing I can JJ all the way from under the parking garage up on top in Crimson.

I've tried AC5s on it but as you said; it's a skirmisher. My design involves a lot more run, shoot, run than yours.

I've never found an LBX to be anything but worthless on it. For giggles I actually went to the training area and shot at an Awesome there. With no armor, just an empty CT it took 7 shots to kill an unarmored Awesome at 180m.

3 shots with the regular AC10 at 500m.

The LB10X is so worthless anymore I just can't bring myself to even try to get it to work.

AC10, 3MLs and 97 kph with no tweaks and almost neutral heat has some uses.

Otherwise though I find the Enforcer, much like the Panther, to be at best mediocre.

could try
2 AC5s + 3 MLs with an XL 280

#18 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:43 AM

I haven't bothered with the Enforcer yet. It looks ugly, and the C-bill bonus version has LB10X quirks, so I can't see any reason at all to run it instead of a different medium. I'll save it until I get bored enough to spend time and C-bills on something bad just for novelty value.

#19 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:59 AM

Being, me, a skirmisher, I'm using them like skirmisher, and I'm very happy with them.
First 2 matches brand new
Posted Image
Posted Image

But the good news is that it seems to me they tank enough, and no hitboxes issues.

For me it's a tier 1 or 2.

Now worries at all with low cap engine, 'cause xl260 or xl 250 are engines I use in my hunchies, and there's no problem.
Now I want to test a ENF as a brawler. I'm curious!

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 18 February 2015 - 12:59 AM.

#20 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:04 AM

I'm liking them so far. In size they're about like the Hunchback, but the added mobility of JJs. The stock machines have only needed minor tweaking into something pretty efficient. I'm keeping the stock jumpjets and XL engines; only the 4R got an engine upgrade to a 225 standard. And of course the DHS and Endo upgrades or swaps as needed.

ENF-5D: 1xAC10 + 3 tons, 1xPPC, 1xSL, Max JJ
ENF-4R: 225 Standard, 1xAC10+3tons, 5xML, Max JJ
ENF-5P: 2xUAC5 + 6tons, 1xML, Max JJ

Edited by Cabusha, 18 February 2015 - 01:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users