Cw Done Right!

28 replies to this topic

#1 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:23 AM

now this is the final drop!
i really don`t get it how it is possible to still have glitches in your maps. so it confirms the combination of incompetence and rage quitting experiments
all who see this - take longest range weapons and JJ, get up beside the gate in cold map on CW and win all by yourself. not possible to get there from the inside, if you got all ERLL+mod no one inside can kill you before you kill themPosted Image
just a few days before there was the same on the plateau in G5, but thats closer and was possible to kill the camper without ER vomit
Posted Image

elementary Watson, elementary...
http://puu.sh/g23j6/0216fcad94.jpg
http://puu.sh/g23jD/9f7ea8c5e5.jpg
http://puu.sh/g24dT/2b3b2337c4.jpg

P.S.: when i just looked at the second picture i see that i was in my banshee with 4ERLL and mods, so that was the reason i managed to kill this one (after he stood there several minutes unopposed). on the first one 3xAC5 without mods, damage was insignificant to survive

Edited by multisoul, 18 February 2015 - 12:50 PM.

#2 30ft SMURF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:35 AM

Just because you can't climb a hill, doesn't mean I'm glitching.

#3 Kerc Kasha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:37 AM

View Postmultisoul, on 18 February 2015 - 01:23 AM, said:

i really don`t get it how it is possible to still have glitches in your maps. so it confirms the combination of incompetence and rage quitting experiments
all who see this - take longest range weapons and JJ, get up beside the gate in cold map on CW and win all by yourself. not possible to get there from the inside, if you got all ERLL+mod no one inside can kill you before you kill themPosted Image
just a few days before there was the same on the plateau in G5, but thats closer and was possible to kill the camper without ER vomit
Posted Image

P.S.: when i just looked at the second picture i see that i was in my banshee with 4ERLL and mods, so that was the reason i managed to kill this one (after he stood there several minutes unopposed). on the first one 3xAC5 without mods, damage was insignificant to survive

Posted Image

#4 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:40 AM

View Post30ft SMURF, on 18 February 2015 - 01:35 AM, said:

Just because you can't climb a hill, doesn't mean I'm glitching.

you can name it spoiler, glitch, exploit or other synonyms. maybe you have no experience with games and thats why you dont know how to name it (seeing there is another reply like this: definitely)

its each gamers duty to explore and exploit, but each programmer/designer has to avoid it (competence)
and if you were living in this base, would you not want to blow up the hill that lets the enemy shoot inside your bedroom, or place mines or something on top of it, or a sane person will just not stay there
there can be no discussion on the essence of this deed. its not right without discussion

*** and if you were living in this base, would you not want to blow up the hill that lets the enemy shoot inside your bedroom, or place mines or something on top of it, or a sane person will just not stay there

Edited by multisoul, 18 February 2015 - 12:51 PM.

#5 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:40 AM

Are you QQing because your weapons don't reach far enough?

I don't understand how climbing a hill can be considered a glitch.

#6 100mile

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:26 AM

Did you send these screenshots in with a support ticket? If not I suggest you do so..Placing them here isn't going to do any good...

#7 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:50 AM

View Postpwnface, on 18 February 2015 - 01:40 AM, said:

Are you QQing because your weapons don't reach far enough?

Just checking: do any weapons reach that position?

EDIT: If so, there's not a problem. Every loadout has tradeoffs. I try to take a long range weapon as part of a balanced loadout.

Edited by Appogee, 18 February 2015 - 12:46 PM.

#8 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:29 AM

What a pity you couldn't use matching weapons, or close to a range where you could engage, or moved out of range, or used arty...

#9 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:45 AM

View PostAppogee, on 18 February 2015 - 02:50 AM, said:

Do any weapons reach there?

If there are no weapons with that range then that means the person up there can't hit you either so I'm not sure what the issue is? I mean I knew Davion Clanner Rats were dumb and bad but this is a new level. Dear Coordinator is shaking his head.

#10 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:22 AM

View Poststratagos, on 18 February 2015 - 06:29 AM, said:

What a pity you couldn't use matching weapons, or close to a range where you could engage, or moved out of range, or used arty...

Dear Coordinator said, "Clan Fedrat, you show uncommon intelligence. ISF Recruitment Agent outside door now to speak with you"

#11 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:27 AM

View Postmultisoul, on 18 February 2015 - 01:23 AM, said:

Posted Image

Dear Coordinator say, "Ha Ha" .... "Ha ha ha ha" ... "Die Clanner!"

Your complaint is equally valid in most maps within MWO ... IE ... I can see a body and shoot at it ... but some invisible terrain is stopping me from actual hitting the target." I suggest you do what I do ... learn how to maneuver to a new firing spot in which you can hit the enemy.

#12 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:31 AM

I think it's dumb that we have to bicker about this sort of thing in the first place.

Design maps so that you don't need insta-kill borders from the start. Let people go where they want to go. Problem solved.

#13 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:36 AM

View Poststratagos, on 18 February 2015 - 06:29 AM, said:

Or used LRMs, or had Lights with JJs get up there, or...

#14 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:35 AM

I'm getting not-entirely-consistent stories/complaints here about this match. One of my guys said they basically just got up and used these weapons to spawn camp from all the way back at the gates.

I don't care about getting up on a hill so long as people can fire back. They picked a decent firing position, good for them. Should the map permit spawn camping on the defenders across half the map, out of the range of most or all defenses and without any real opportunity to shoot back? I think there's at least a valid question there, since that basically means that once you kill the first wave or any appreciable amount of the defenders' first wave even, you win the game. The static defenses/AI don't shoot back appreciably, the dropships trickle in new mechs/players, and the battle is already taking place on the defenders' turf so it's not like any displacement of the team is required to carry out that attack.

I think this goes back to the suggestions made elsewhere to allow selectable drop locations, but just putting up an extra wall or two in front of the drop zone on that map would help as well.

In any case, this is for PGI to figure out balance on. One can't blame Kurita for playing the game.

Edited by Catamount, 18 February 2015 - 09:36 AM.

#15 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:24 AM

View Posthopterque, on 18 February 2015 - 06:45 AM, said:

If there are no weapons with that range then that means the person up there can't hit you either so I'm not sure what the issue is? I mean I knew Davion Clanner Rats were dumb and bad but this is a new level. Dear Coordinator is shaking his head.

For a smartass, you're not very smart.

If there is a location on the map which is in bounds, but which no weapons fire can reach (which was my question) then there is the potential for a team to exploit it in counter-attack mode to avoid having all its Mechs destroyed.

Let me know if there are other obvious things you need to have explained to you.

Edited by Appogee, 18 February 2015 - 10:25 AM.

#16 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

View PostAppogee, on 18 February 2015 - 02:50 AM, said:

Do any weapons reach there?

Gauss, ERLL, ERPPC, AC2 all reach there..

If you are in a short-range mech how about use cover instead of losing trades?

On attack mode the attackers need to enter the base eventually, it isn't that hard to figure out...

#17 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:44 PM

View Postpwnface, on 18 February 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

Gauss, ERLL, ERPPC, AC2 all reach there..

Thanks, that's all I wanted to know. The OP seemed to be suggesting that the position was in bounds but out of reach somehow. Seemed strange to me.

#18 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostCatamount, on 18 February 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

I'm getting not-entirely-consistent stories/complaints here about this match. One of my guys said they basically just got up and used these weapons to spawn camp from all the way back at the gates.

I don't care about getting up on a hill so long as people can fire back. They picked a decent firing position, good for them. Should the map permit spawn camping on the defenders across half the map, out of the range of most or all defenses and without any real opportunity to shoot back? I think there's at least a valid question there, since that basically means that once you kill the first wave or any appreciable amount of the defenders' first wave even, you win the game. The static defenses/AI don't shoot back appreciably, the dropships trickle in new mechs/players, and the battle is already taking place on the defenders' turf so it's not like any displacement of the team is required to carry out that attack.

I think this goes back to the suggestions made elsewhere to allow selectable drop locations, but just putting up an extra wall or two in front of the drop zone on that map would help as well.

In any case, this is for PGI to figure out balance on. One can't blame Kurita for playing the game.

Obviously attackers should not be allowed to spawn camp defenders from outside the gates, but our weapons are not effective at 2000m where people are spawning. WE CAN NOT HIT FRESH SPAWNS COMING OFF THE DROPSHIPS. As a defender, you have to move into a position/range to allow us to actually do damage to you. We can not spawn camp until we are well inside the gates and nearly inside your base, in which case enemies should easily be able to return fire.

#19 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostAppogee, on 18 February 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

Thanks, that's all I wanted to know. The OP seemed to be suggesting that the position was in bounds but out of reach somehow. Seemed strange to me.

Agreed,
Just because you can't engage an enemy to play Rockem-Sockem robots, doesn't mean they're untouchable. Lots of options for hitting those targets, and it doesn't appear to be in an OB spot.

Remember, I can paint you with green at 1km, doesn't mean I'm doing damage.

Edited by Roadbeer, 18 February 2015 - 12:49 PM.

#20 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:00 PM

I'm not understanding the problem here. In the first image, is he complaining that his his aiming reticle can't be brought to bear on the opponents? If so, try getting a mech with arm-mounted weapons instead of having only torso-mounted weapons. Problem solved. If it is an issue of range, get longer ranged weapons. If you can't do that, find some cover and make them come to you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users