Enforcer-Disapointment

5 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Oakenwall - the khadoran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

Well after playing this mech a ton now and upgraded it etc im convinced its just bad.
I knew the hard point places were not the best, low arms and all but was hoping.

For 5 more tons i take a griffon or shadowhawk every time in the week,
its rare i actually could kill something in these mechs, When i change to my sparky(not mastered) i instantly started to rack up kills again.

Dont really play centrurions except my freebee one but iv had more success in that one easy.

"This mech chassis is a waste of time to level".,

Atleast the panther is playable, the double erppc build works well enough and i can see builds for others I want to try but im not really a light pilot.

They better get their **** together for the other resistance mechs.

Atleast i got a radar deprivation mod in the package, most useful iv gotten so faar out of it, not worth spending hundreds of dollars on though.

Edited by deanon, 18 February 2015 - 12:07 PM.

#2 MarineTech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:13 PM

When the Resistance pack first appeared, I only really had hope for the Grasshopper and maybe the Zeus.

I really couldn't see a use for the Panther or Enforcer as both really didn't bring anything new to the table that other mechs couldn't already do.

I have to admit, I've gone back on the Panther though. From what I've seen in streams since yesterday, they're viable. The Enforcer though... Sold mine to outfit other things.

Overall though, the various mech packs are actually VERY cost effective if you buy them early to get in on all the extras.

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:17 PM

Eh, the Enforcer isn't a bad mech, but its not a great one either.

Pros:
Hitboxes and geometry are good, quite XL friendly
Hard point selection is decent
Agility is good

Cons:
Hard point locations are poor
Quirks are poor relative to its HBK and CN9 cousins
JJ's as HoverJets are not good enough to make up for the lack of good quirks
The LBX quirks in particular are insufficient to make up for how bad LBX's are. Compare the lbx enforcer to the cn9-d for example. If they're gonna quirk an lbx ac10 in particular, they need to quirk it HARD.

The Panther works pretty well for me, but its its' own class of mech. Play it like a firestarter and you'll fail. Its an exceptional 2 ERPPC poptart though.

As to value,MarineTech has it right. The packs' worth buying even if you just sell the mechs due to all the early preorder bonuses.

#4 Kahadras

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:22 AM

I'd agree that the Enforcer isn't bad. It hasn't set my world on fire but it's an IS medium mech. What were we expecting at the end of the day? I haven't got them fully upgraded yet but they are performing about as well as my Griffon, Centurion, Shadowhawk, Blackjack and Cicada.

#5 Zuri Prime

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 120 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:44 AM

Been rocking my 4R with an AC10 and five medium lasers. I skirmish like a boss and flank like none other and I regularly get 400 - 800 damage games with it alongside multiple kills per match despite it being "terrible", according to these forums.

Enforcers, according to lore and ingame, have poor speed and armor, but they make up for it with their sheer nimbleness and firepower. They ARE NOT frontline mechs. Some players throw in the towel right there based upon that fact, but that's their choice. It's a solid performer and is not to underestimated. Its torso twist and arm speeds seem faster than a Griffin's, with a twist radius to match in case you need to roll incoming fire across your chassis. Jump jets allow you to quickly navigate terrain to drop your payload or avoid an overwhelming confrontation.

All in all, it's not the best medium mech in the game, but it's sure as heck not the worst. Its armor is lacking, its speed is undesirable and its hard points leave you scratching your head in confusion, but it does its job. I'd call it operator error.

#6 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:47 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f391b57feb010ee

Its a Jumping Cent AL. Its great fantastic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users