66 replies to this topic

#21 Rascally Jack

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:34 AM

My Enforcers are doing the spinning thing also *F* after the hotfix. I will just keep playing LRM boats until it is actually fixed.

#22 Better Call Saul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:52 AM

View PostDarth Funk, on 18 February 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

Still broke, torso twisting feels wrong.

Agreed, something still feels wrong when toggling arm lock.

#23 Flying Fox 333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:36 AM

Can confirm the Hunchback is still affected by the bug.

#24 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:55 AM

Odd that some mechs are and some are not affected. I had no "F" issues with the Panthers last night. Although aiming did seem harder, or different. But I didn't see anyone spinning on the spot so the issue must not affect everyone, or it's intermittent, or few people use F.

Edit: I've noticed in the past that larger slower mechs have more issues with "F". Something to do with slower torso turn I think as my lights never had much issues with it. The issue I've always had is when you twist as far as you can and then press F. It then bounces me back and forth in the cockpit view from all the way right to left and back. I've gotten used to avoiding it, except the odd time when I'm in the middle of the meat grinder.

I did notice two other bugs...

1) In the lobby the mechs that people are using is slow to populate again. So you'll see the player's name and no mech next to them in the lobby list. (my ping is consistently around 60 all the time, so I have a good connection)

2) This is new. Had one game in Forest colony (conquest) where as soon as the game started my friendly and enemy kill counts started climbing right away. Was in the hundreds by the end of the match. I guess Red won, as they were about 100 ahead of us. :wacko: I didn't see this problem again after that match.

3) Saw a few dudes with bad lag last night. And I experienced a bit more than usual when right next to other mechs. (I have the VOIP disabled, 64 bit client, a good gaming rig, and am just over the mountains from ya. I don't usually experience lag issues unless everyone is.)

I started playing after the update last night.

Edited by ThatGuy539, 19 February 2015 - 07:01 AM.

#25 ELETTRO

• PipPip
  • The Demon
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:10 AM

Play with stormcrow with both arms with actuators (lower and arm) is impossible it starts circleing without stop when i center legs to torso.If i remove the actuators completely in one arms it works well without the bug.

#26 BanditB17

Competitive Play Moderator & Shoutcaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 517 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:20 AM

Torso continues to move even after I start moving my mouse in another direction now. Lots of overshoots and makes it very hard to be pinpoint accurate.

#27 DelphiAuriga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 166 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands, in the planet Skandia ;)

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:45 AM

View PostFlying Fox 333, on 19 February 2015 - 05:36 AM, said:

Can confirm the Hunchback is still affected by the bug.

Was about to write exactly this

View PostELETTRO, on 19 February 2015 - 07:10 AM, said:

Play with stormcrow with both arms with actuators (lower and arm) is impossible it starts circleing without stop when i center legs to torso.If i remove the actuators completely in one arms it works well without the bug.

Can confirm this also. All is true.

Edited by DelphiAuriga, 19 February 2015 - 09:29 AM.

#28 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:49 AM

Proof that the Urbie's pure awesome is hard to contain.

#29 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for the fast response...

#30 AMDFX8150

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:12 AM

Way too much overshooting torso keeps twisting after I move mouse in opposite direction. if a new mouse mechanic was implemented please revert it or give an option to kill it.

#31 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:19 AM

Okay, some observations:

1. The problem for me in my Locust was solved. Cicada, Griffin, and Banshee are also fine, without twitching, and they're all handling even smoother than before the patch. Really enjoying it.

2. Torso twist/yaw rates are now the same whether or not you have armlock enabled, and that's very nice. Before the patch, yaw rates were capped while armlock was enabled and it never made sense to me as to why.

3. Pressing F to center torso disables armlock on the horizontal axis until the torso centering operation completes. This could be a bug, or intended. Either way, I don't see a reason to complain about it.

4. I have not noticed this "overshooting" issue that others are talking about so far. Centering with 'F' is now accurate to within 2 degrees (measured on the HUD indicator above the crosshairs) of the reticle position from when the centering action was first called. Crosshair movement also seems accurate to me, so far.

edit: Oh, I found it. It only overshoots when you move your torso very far, very fast, and I've only noticed it in slower mechs so far. Yes, this is a bug that needs fixed.

5. NEW BUG! Big one! I noticed this in my Griffin, I'm not sure if it affects any other mechs. If you torso twist the full amount, and then free look in the same direction, your free look is actually beyond 180 degrees from center - if you hit F at this point, the legs will try to center in the wrong direction, resulting in an infinite loop (because it's not an Urbanmech and it can't actually twist all the way around...). You can escape the loop by pressing 'C', but the issue recurs anytime you press F for the rest of the match - the directions are permanently bugged. This bug is easy to encounter when you have armlock off and you swing one direction really fast and press F, because armlock-off has a little bit of automatic freelook built into it.

View PostAlexander Garden, on 18 February 2015 - 05:35 PM, said:

<tagged>

Edited by Tarogato, 19 February 2015 - 11:17 AM.

#32 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:44 AM

Hey everyone,

We're currently working toward releasing additional fixes for torso-twist and centering. No ETA just yet, but we'll get out the info as soon as it's available.

If this fix goes out today it will include some more information about why exactly this all happened in the first place.

#33 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:02 AM

I don't know if this has changed, but in the past if you pressed F the legs would keep turning until they finally aligned with the torso.

So if you looked 5 degrees to your left and pressed F, and then moved the torso further left before the legs aligned, the legs would go past the 5 degrees until they met up with wherever your torso is. It's easier to see this behavior in a mech that turns slowly.

I always thought it would be better if the legs centered on the direction that you were pointing when you pressed F. So I could set my course and then look somewhere else while the legs are aligning with that course I set.
As it is now, I have to keep looking at the direction I want to go until he legs catch up.

Perhaps changing F to a set and forget instead of chasing the torso's center might also solve this odd issue that people are having now.

Would be nice in the Urbie if I could say, I want to head through that tight space between those two buildings while shooting at the guys in the other direction. So I would point at the gap between the buildings, press F, and then rotate the torso back to the enemy while my legs line up in the direction I want to move. Would make driving backwards much easier.

Edited by ThatGuy539, 19 February 2015 - 11:06 AM.

#34 GenJack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:07 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 19 February 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

Hey everyone,

We're currently working toward releasing additional fixes for torso-twist and centering. No ETA just yet, but we'll get out the info as soon as it's available.

If this fix goes out today it will include some more information about why exactly this all happened in the first place.

Thanks for the quick resolutions and information on this issue!

#35 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:15 AM

View PostThatGuy539, on 19 February 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

I don't know if this has changed, but in the past if you pressed F the legs would keep turning until they finally aligned with the torso.

So if you looked 5 degrees to your left and pressed F, and then moved the torso further left before the legs aligned, the legs would go past the 5 degrees until they met up with wherever your torso is. It's easier to see this behavior in a mech that turns slowly.

I always thought it would be better if the legs centered on the direction that you were pointing when you pressed F. So I could set my course and then look somewhere else while the legs are aligning with that course I set.
As it is now, I have to keep looking at the direction I want to go until he legs catch up.

Perhaps changing F to a set and forget instead of chasing the torso's center might also solve this odd issue that people are having now.

Would be nice in the Urbie if I could say, I want to head through that tight space between those two buildings while shooting at the guys in the other direction. So I would point at the gap between the buildings, press F, and then rotate the torso back to the enemy while my legs line up in the direction I want to move. Would make driving backwards much easier.

I've been dealing with this for a long time because I use the 'F' function a lot. The workaround is to briefly tap left or right (A or D) when your legs are where you want them to stop, because this will cancel the centering at the moment you disturb it. Of course, you could also just steer your mech manually instead of using the F function. =P

#36 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:18 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 19 February 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

Are you suggesting...

Posted Image

#37 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:26 AM

Thanks for the update on another fix, I was going to send in a comment on my tag number and now I see I will have to see again tonight how the fix is.

Now you see why we want the Urban mech. It is already breaking the game.

#38 BanditB17

Competitive Play Moderator & Shoutcaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 517 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:43 AM

View PostBarkem Squirrel, on 19 February 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

Thanks for the update on another fix, I was going to send in a comment on my tag number and now I see I will have to see again tonight how the fix is.

Now you see why we want the Urban mech. It is already breaking the game.

Your Patton quote in your signature is almost relevant.

Edited by BanditB17, 19 February 2015 - 11:44 AM.

#39 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:58 AM

Correct.

Or just get a bigger hammer.

#40 b1ue

• Pip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:11 PM

Torso twist is completely different - playing the game feels bad ATM. torso way overshoots mouse movement... :\

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users