166 replies to this topic

#161 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

View PostLoklanZFG, on 22 February 2015 - 04:29 AM, said:

Well, maybe we will get lucky and drop against RJ. So his stream viewers can see us beat him down some more, only this time with blue UI! ;)

but hey, he's just solo dropping. Pry just bored and wanted in on the first ever capital planet battle in CW history. Can't say I blame him, its been an epic night

he could of easily joined the battle by dropping in defense.

#162 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 February 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

Good on you. Please teach classes.

Will do. I'll start with the AFFS soldiers.

View PostAn Anime Princess, on 21 February 2015 - 07:17 PM, said:

yeah, i don't think you'll find many disagreeing here.

I'm not so sure about that. I can of course only speak for myself, but I would still fight to recapture Davion planets, even if I had the option to attack Clan-held worlds. And I've got the feeling that some of my brothers in arms think the same.

#163 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:52 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 22 February 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

Will do. I'll start with the AFFS soldiers.

I'm not so sure about that. I can of course only speak for myself, but I would still fight to recapture Davion planets, even if I had the option to attack Clan-held worlds. And I've got the feeling that some of my brothers in arms think the same.

Nope. We already have brothers in arms in dire need of all the help we can deliver between removing kebab Davions. The FRR, and the Combine already face Clan attacks. They're our allies. They come first. It's my hope that by the time we're done there, Davion no longer has to worry about losing worlds to the Clans- because we will be sitting on New Avalon and the Steiner-Davions will likely have found a bunker to swallow a laser bolt with the contents of their collective skulls.

It'll just be a matter of who gets the honors of taking the final planet, but with as many worlds as there are to break from the clutch of the Suns, there's more than enough honor to go round.

Edited by wanderer, 22 February 2015 - 04:52 PM.

#164 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 22 February 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

gamer hell yeah

#165 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:31 AM

View Postwanderer, on 22 February 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

---Nope. We already have brothers in arms in dire need of all the help we can deliver between removing kebab Davions. The FRR, and the Combine already face Clan attacks. They're our allies. They come first. ---

Yes, I agree. The clans are the main threat and I have been alternating between assisting in the North (and getting my teeth kicked in - sorry) and following my House on the CCAF/FS border. I can't abandon either of them so am splitting up my time. It is the best that I can do.

#166 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:30 PM

View PostWaiMingLee, on 23 February 2015 - 04:31 AM, said:

Yes, I agree. The clans are the main threat and I have been alternating between assisting in the North (and getting my teeth kicked in - sorry) and following my House on the CCAF/FS border. I can't abandon either of them so am splitting up my time. It is the best that I can do.

I actually strongly suggest that if you're facing a Clan group, don't do it outside of a large group, ideally a unit one.

Scattered-faction defense groups tend to lack the experience or the organization to do anything except feed themselves into a meat grinder and negatively influence a defense. Consider that PGI even thinks that evenly-balanced tonnage in drop decks for Clan vs. IS isn't fair (for the IS) and is already starting to tweak total IS tonnage higher and you realize their analysis of such conflict indicates that you're already at least at a small handicap even given a full unit to fight with, never mind a PUG.

#167 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:46 PM

View Postwanderer, on 23 February 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

I actually strongly suggest that if you're facing a Clan group, don't do it outside of a large group, ideally a unit one.

Scattered-faction defense groups tend to lack the experience or the organization to do anything except feed themselves into a meat grinder and negatively influence a defense. Consider that PGI even thinks that evenly-balanced tonnage in drop decks for Clan vs. IS isn't fair (for the IS) and is already starting to tweak total IS tonnage higher and you realize their analysis of such conflict indicates that you're already at least at a small handicap even given a full unit to fight with, never mind a PUG.

There are exceptions to this....
if the queues get unbalanced, this can force the game to select a single mode, attack/counter attack for each drop.
for you Southern Pilots who will only be able to drop on a world under clan attack, it is very important to force the clans onto hold missions. You can help do this by making sure the defense queue has a 12 man advantage in the Queue.

At the same time, if a single clan 12 man is dropping on a planet, do NOT queue unless you see a large sized premade in the defense queue. We do NOT want to give them attacks against pug groups, better they waste their time on a ghost drop then provide a mass of solo dropping players for the clan to farm.

Use the Faction chat when in doubt or to group up with others. Units! please be willing to help the newer people, invite them into a faction drop or two. Try dropping in 8 or 10 man groups and pick up a couple solos. teach them how to not only play in drop but how to read the queues and play the queue pre-game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users