So, Kurita And Marik Are Having Some Issues:

166 replies to this topic

#1 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:16 PM

Namely:

http://mwomercs.com/...ack-on-athenry/

As it is most definitely NOT in Her Celestial Wisdom's pleasure that such things continue, I would politely ask that we give them someplace NOT in the Marik or Kurita discussion areas (which by natural positioning are anything but neutral ground) to work it out.

This doesn't mean we have to tolerate either side being disrespectful or simply going for cheap shots, but someplace to resolve this with at least the tacit authority of the Confederation overseeing it would be something I strongly advise. However, I would ask my fellow Capellans to put their two cents in before actually dropping a "Liao Diplomatic Center" topic here.

Marik and Kurita fighting each other can only lead to bad things for Liao, and we have a tradition of diplomacy (and cunning at same) that stretches clean back to Ares and beyond. When such a task falls before us, I would say it is our damn job to get the trains back on their respective rails.

#2 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:24 PM

i wish luck for this matter, but im also doubtful it will end well

#3 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:28 PM

What is Liaos stake in all of this?

#4 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:35 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 18 February 2015 - 11:28 PM, said:

Entertrainment.

#5 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:37 PM

Fight probably end soon when wormhole close.

#6 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:37 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 18 February 2015 - 11:28 PM, said:

Pretty big. Kurita and Marik are helping push the Davs back and retaking lost territories. Also you're helping FRR stay alive. Don't forget who the real enemies are.

#7 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:47 PM

Liao has no concerns from Marik.

We have always found our neighbor to the east to be pleasant, cooperative, respectful and gracious. A joy to work with when even our goals did not match. We look forward to a long relationship with Liao in this version of the game and after the reset(s).

Every aspect of dealing with Kurita has been burdensome, cumbersome, disrespectful and distasteful. Everything you would expect when dealing with a young organization and we have been patient beyond extreme.

What you do with Kurita is of your own accord and has little to no bearing on us. At this time we see no future with Kurita in this generation of the map or any future, nor any desire to help them, when often such help is spit upon by them.

#8 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:59 PM

I think I speak for all Liao loyalists that we hope Kurita and Marik does not waste resources fighting each other. If you don't cooperate, that's fine. But putting pilots on your border planets - probably not beneficial for either House in the long run, and undeniably detrimental for House Liao.

It's your business in the end but Liao hopes you resolve this soon.

#9 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:59 PM

Let's put it this way.

If the stance of the Free Worlds is "We don't want to deal with them" with the Combine and vice versa, that's perfectly acceptable.

But when you and them are fighting, that IS cause for concern for the Confederation. It diverts troops and units into what is, quite simply, a pack of children fighting over who gets more of the manure pile.

You both end up stinking and angry for absolutely no gain on either side. As an ally and a friend to the League, might I suggest simply and officially stating (in more formal terms) "Fine, do what you like, we're going someplace else, have fun and good luck." (though you could omit the last part considering).

If for some reason further interaction (distasteful though you might find it) with the Combine is needed, you can always do so with the buffering influence of our own people between you and them, minimizing your stress and wasted energy. It's the least we can do for a friendly faction with much bigger fish to fry, especially as we're almost guaranteed to have a border with Kurita if things progress against Davion as planned.

In other words, if this happens again, have our people talk to their people. Less of a mess.

#10 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:01 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 18 February 2015 - 11:47 PM, said:

Liao has no concerns from Marik.

We have always found our neighbor to the east to be pleasant, cooperative, respectful and gracious. A joy to work with when even our goals did not match. We look forward to a long relationship with Liao in this version of the game and after the reset(s).

Every aspect of dealing with Kurita has been burdensome, cumbersome, disrespectful and distasteful. Everything you would expect when dealing with a young organization and we have been patient beyond extreme.

What you do with Kurita is of your own accord and has little to no bearing on us. At this time we see no future with Kurita in this generation of the map or any future, nor any desire to help them, when often such help is spit upon by them.

A week ago this post could have read "Kurita has no concerns from Marik".

#11 The Droid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:02 AM

#12 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

View Posthopterque, on 19 February 2015 - 12:01 AM, said:

Nope. I'm pretty sure a week ago we were flaming each other.

#13 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

View Posthopterque, on 19 February 2015 - 12:01 AM, said:

No, over a week ago, many were warning you to dial back your rhetoric.

Marik is slow to anger, we're very patient until pushed.

#14 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

View PostTasker, on 18 February 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

Fight probably end soon when wormhole close.

And I would rather have that happen with less fighting and bad blood. Yes, you don't like each other. There's plenty of things to be done that don't require the Combine or the League to expend military resources on each other, and if either of you think there is?

Talk to us about it first. I could already write a diplomatic brief on the Marik-Kurita relationship from 3049-3051 as it is.

#15 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:08 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 19 February 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

No, over a week ago, many were warning you to dial back your rhetoric.

Marik is slow to anger, we're very patient until pushed.

You mean you were posting vague threats and I asked you to specify what bothered you, and then you went dead silent again (http://mwomercs.com/...19#entry4190619).

You tried to sneak attack us because you were angry at us for whatever reason, and now you're fuming and trying to reframe things because your knife in the back didn't work out so well. Quit trying to justify being cowards and work it out in-game now that you've decided dialogue isn't worth trying.

#16 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:09 AM

Be interesting to see Liao's take on events re how Marik treats it's allies when it decides it wants to take their worlds. Hopefully they won't decide to treat you the same way, eh?

#17 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

#18 Firenze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 104 posts

View PostSocop, on 19 February 2015 - 12:08 AM, said:

You mean you were posting vague threats and I asked you to specify what bothered you, and then you went dead silent again (http://mwomercs.com/...19#entry4190619).

You tried to sneak attack us because you were angry at us for whatever reason, and now you're fuming and trying to reframe things because your knife in the back didn't work out so well. Quit trying to justify being cowards and work it out in-game now that you've decided dialogue isn't worth trying.

Posted Image

#19 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:11 AM

View PostSocop, on 19 February 2015 - 12:08 AM, said:

Stingray did talk to Pwnface, for over an hour, because at this point I had already washed my hands of dealing with you shitlords.

Know what the result was, absolutely nothing.

#20 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:11 AM

And both of you, enough of this.

In the interests of neither of you getting a headache, let's just say what matters now.

Kurita has no concerns of Marik.

Marik has no concerns of Kurita.

And if either of you end up with concerns, put them here and we'll settle them without nasty words, common slurs between the common soldiery, and the understanding that hot-blooded insults mean nothing and solve nothing.

Now, is it reasonable to simply allow the Marik wormhole worlds to revert to Kuritan control, as they were only held with the implication that said worlds were only a temporary experiment in opening a co-ordinated Marik-to-Clan front? The Star League pacts have allowed this result via the FRR border instead, negating the need for such a bastion.

Is it also reasonable that given the peaceful departure of said Marik forces, the Dragon can keep the valuable yet somewhat wilder members of it's forces from acting like a Bōsōzoku gang, choke back the inevitable Yen-lo-wang-waving to a minimum and direct the Pillar of Steel to bludgeoning "Davions and furries", as one of your more colorful soldiers called it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users