You Want It, Here It Is

124 replies to this topic

#21 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:28 PM

Let's note that this was an unreleased document. From long slogging through diplomatic papers, I can tell you this.

I've seen more incendiary drafts that got this far, people finally went "Nah, this is pure 200-proof stupid" and filed it with the paper shredder.

What happened last night has about as much "official" as "offal" in it. Someone took Marik's PUG-organizing system and fed it an attack order. Nobody asked, they either didn't know,didn't care,or assumed someone in charge had set the whole ball of dung rolling.

So Marik had a nice properly nose-turned-in-air document written up, ready to go for the official declaration.

Anyone here who can tell me who decided to start this? What unit leader started dropping Marik forces on Kurita worlds? Who pushed the button?

#22 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:28 PM

How does the FWL desicion making process work anyway? Did unit leaders come together to vote on this or was Illithi Dragon able to round up a couple 12-man and there wasn't anyone to tell him "no"?

View Postwanderer, on 19 February 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

Anyone here who can tell me who decided to start this? What unit leader started dropping Marik forces on Kurita worlds? Who pushed the button?

Illithi Dragon wrote it up, Derv just posted it here so everyone knows whats what.

Edited by IDG, 19 February 2015 - 01:30 PM.

#23 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:31 PM

Cause if the whole process was:

1) Random plant in Marik colors hooks into PUG-2, starts siccing random 12's on Kurita
2) Kurita gets ticked, attacks back
3) FWLM notices storm brewing and gets caught in resulting fecal flingfest

Then 4) You both got played.

#24 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:35 PM

I wish to thank all the Davion sympathizers that have brought us to this point. They have worked so hard to try to create a wedge between Marik and Kurita, as well as Marik and Liao. I notice that the Steiner units who refused to make peace never got any flaming from the nSL supporters. But our allies in Kurita and Liao were openly mocked and threatened.

If Marik had intended to try to keep the wormhole, we should have openly stated our intentions a week ago. Not a last minute unannounced attack, instigated by pressure from called 'allies'.

#25 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:39 PM

View PostDavers, on 19 February 2015 - 01:35 PM, said:

I wish to thank all the Davion sympathizers that have brought us to this point. They have worked so hard to try to create a wedge between Marik and Kurita, as well as Marik and Liao. I notice that the Steiner units who refused to make peace never got any flaming from the nSL supporters. But our allies in Kurita and Liao were openly mocked and threatened.

If Marik had intended to try to keep the wormhole, we should have openly stated our intentions a week ago. Not a last minute unannounced attack, instigated by pressure from called 'allies'.

We have noticed a growing infestation of fleeing Davion dogs within your ranks.
We pay them no mind, but to think they were able to infiltrate your more accomplished ranks in leadership.

Troubling, very troubling.

#26 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:40 PM

View PostProphetic, on 19 February 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

We pay them no mind, but to think they were able to infiltrate your more accomplished ranks in leadership.

How about we spend the next week racing to New Avalon to smooth things over?

#27 Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:46 PM

tldr

#28 JamboJuice

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 84 posts
  • LocationArmpit of America, South Carolina

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:47 PM

Posted Image

#29 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:47 PM

So glad this doesn't concern me....

Dat wall o' text tho....

I guess paraphrasing is lostech in the FWL.

#30 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 19 February 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

So glad this doesn't concern me....

Dat wall o' text tho....

I guess paraphrasing is lostech in the FWL.

I guess Prussian Havoc's posting style is infectious.

#31 Khan Felix Pryde

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWinning, somewhere, but definitely winning

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:58 PM

Now do you see the truth? Not even the threat of the Clans can unify you. The political turmoil and warmongering is too great in your nature. Only by being forcibly introduced into the Clans' strict sense of purpose can the IS finally achieve peace.

Whether a laborer, a technician, or a warrior, your place in the Clan will give you a security unlike any other. I do not expect the transition to be easy, you are a rabid species that will fight the cure until you can stand no more.

See you all at Terra.

Khan Felix Pryde,

Jade Falcon warrior,
bringer of peace

Edited by Khan Felix Pryde, 19 February 2015 - 02:00 PM.

#32 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:00 PM

All it took was switching sides, insinuating themselves into "casual" forces,and then hijacking Marik's command and control system for such groups long enough to trigger an incident.

It's good that the wormhole is closed, even if it took such acrimony to get it there. Since Davion cannot fight it's worst enemies, it has resorted to attempting to have them fight each other.

#33 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:00 PM

View PostKhan Felix Pryde, on 19 February 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Now do you see the truth? Not even the threat of the Clans can unify you. The political turmoil and warmongering is too great in your nature. Only by being forcibly introduced into the Clans' strict sense of purpose can the IS finally achieve peace.

Whether a laborer, a technician, or a warrior, your place in the Clan will give you a security unlike any other. I do not expect the transition to be easy, you are a rabid species that will fight the cure until you can stand no more.

See you all at Terra.

Khan Felix Pryde,

Jade Falcon warrior,
bringer of peace

Die, clanner

Edited by dervishx5, 19 February 2015 - 02:01 PM.

#34 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKansas City MO.

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:06 PM

As a loyal member of the AFFS High Command I can assure all that the AFFS does not take a treaty lightly, hence why our treaty with Steiner has lasted so long. To those who call us backstabbing dogs, you may want to look at yourselves and those around you first. If the FWL pursues this alliance with AFFS and the rest of the nSL, we will hold true to it.

If this declaration of war holds true, then the DC only brought this on themselves. It's gonna be tough being all on your own with no friends. To me personally the DC has done nothing but act like a bunch of filthy clanners for the past couple of weeks anyways. One of their better units, NKVA even goes so far as to call every opponent they meet on the field a clanner, however they maybe should take a closer look in the mirror.

The great houses of the IS rarely see eye to eye and nor should they, but when it comes to the clans, we all think alike and the DC is just another dirty clan. Time to push them out of the IS.

Edited by RjBass3, 19 February 2015 - 02:07 PM.

#35 JIB1418

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:07 PM

Posted Image

#36 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:13 PM

Cannot resist.

Posted Image

#37 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:15 PM

View PostDavers, on 19 February 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

I guess Prussian Havoc's posting style is infectious.

I cant get through that guys stuff either.....as well written as it seems.

Maybe he is a FWL convert? lol :P

#38 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:18 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 19 February 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

I cant get through that guys stuff either.....as well written as it seems.

Maybe he is a FWL convert? lol :P

What a thing to say about your faction leader. :P

#39 Tilley

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:22 PM

View PostRjBass3, on 19 February 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

As a loyal member of the AFFS High Command I can assure all that the AFFS does not take a treaty lightly, hence why our treaty with Steiner has lasted so long. To those who call us backstabbing dogs, you may want to look at yourselves and those around you first. If the FWL pursues this alliance with AFFS and the rest of the nSL, we will hold true to it.

If this declaration of war holds true, then the DC only brought this on themselves. It's gonna be tough being all on your own with no friends. To me personally the DC has done nothing but act like a bunch of filthy clanners for the past couple of weeks anyways. One of their better units, NKVA even goes so far as to call every opponent they meet on the field a clanner, however they maybe should take a closer look in the mirror.

The great houses of the IS rarely see eye to eye and nor should they, but when it comes to the clans, we all think alike and the DC is just another dirty clan. Time to push them out of the IS.

You call NKVA out for taunting you and calling you clanners...then you go and call all of DC another dirty clan... Hello Pot, meet the kettle!

#40 JamboJuice

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 84 posts
  • LocationArmpit of America, South Carolina

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:25 PM

View PostTilley, on 19 February 2015 - 02:22 PM, said:

You call NKVA out for taunting you and calling you clanners...then you go and call all of DC another dirty clan... Hello Pot, meet the kettle!

But I thought you guys were Clan Space Weaboo... or was I wrong?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users