Unknown Failure

4 replies to this topic

#1 DaangeroussDann

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:39 AM

Since the last Voip patch, the usual crashing has gotten progressively worse and now the game fails to run at all. Usually giving the "unknown failure" message while trying to load into mechlab, but occationally It gets in (about 1 in 5 attempts) and lets me launch a game but after a few steps freezes and disconnects or kicks me back to desktop. A couple time today I mannaged after dozens of attempts to log in and put modules on a mech, but could not save, that locked up too. And The past couple days, building up to this, the "refresh" screen crashed the game, or I'd get kicked to desktop after a match.
There is no file in my user folder and I'm no expert on networking but this seems like a serious networking problem that seems to get worse over time.

I've reinstalled, used the fix tool 4 times and updated and cleaned all aspects of my pc. All other games and internet functions work perfect as usual. It is only MWO that does not work well, or at all. From where Im sitting , the bugs and glitches that we in the community now jokingly call "features" have gotten completely out of hand, and the game is even less dependable than it ever was with each update in the short time I have been back. Peoples premium time stolen like this will drive them off. It is sad to see fall of MWO. But much less frustrating to just let it go. I had such high hopes, a couple years ago.

#2 SpOoKy777

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 148 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:55 AM

Have you tried typing in a wrong password and after that the correct one...

Worked for me just minutes ago... :blink:

Update:

Worked twice in a row...BUT saving changes on a mech results in the game locking up...

-_____-

Edited by SpOoKy777, 20 February 2015 - 04:14 AM.

#3 DaangeroussDann

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:16 PM

Now a week or so into trying to figure out why MWO is failing so badly, I have about a 50% chance of logging in on the first try, an 80% chance of actually getting into the match launched without crashing or disconnecting. And about a 90% chance of leaving a match without crashing back to desktop. But in Mech lab, between matches, I still have about a 10% chance of crashing every time the system updates, or I save a mech profile.
My system is completely clean now. All other function and games (including Rift, another Cry engine game) are working perfectly. But "Unknow Error" is always in my face here in MWO. Every couple or few games I have to restart MWO. Still no prompt to send report , now hint or clue what is wrong. How can a game producer NOT have an automatic bug and crash report system in place? This is the first I have ever seen or heard of "unknown error".
Are we just riding the crest of the mwo wave before it crashes hard? Or are the developers even concerned witth a game that does not know what is wrong with itself or how to send error reports?
Seems like ticketing Pirana only prompt them to request us to do their work for them, and dig up system reports for them. That is always their first response. This is complete non-sense, the game needs to make its own crash report and send it automaticly. Come on PGI, make it so, it is the only way you will fix all the bugs, you need an automatic system, all other games have it, shouldn't we? Or do we just need to admit how fail the Devs are? Can't create a working crash report system.

#4 Alakan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:25 PM

On my PC at least, I have successfully linked Unknown Failure to a specific time every day with 100% reproduction.

Could you guys post the exact time of day you are getting Unknown Failure. I'm doing a ton of research on it at the moment.

Be sure to convert your time to EST before posting it. Thanks.

#5 DaangeroussDann

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:03 AM

View PostAlakan, on 02 March 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

On my PC at least, I have successfully linked Unknown Failure to a specific time every day with 100% reproduction.

Could you guys post the exact time of day you are getting Unknown Failure. I'm doing a ton of research on it at the moment.

Be sure to convert your time to EST before posting it. Thanks.

Sorry,, that is not the case with me, infact, recently I got a new video card from a friend , and was forced to install SP3, and Netframework4 to get the driver to install. The game was always frustrating and kicking me out for one thing or another. But for 2 weeks now, I can't get 2 games in a row without lagging out or disconnecting, No matter the time of day.
Thankfully, I just got AN ERROR MESSAGE!!!!! omg . Its almost unbelievable,, finally the game told me that my GT740 is not supported by MWO.. How wonderful is that,, only took 2 weeks of trying to play with it, and yes it works great for a bit, then crashes.

Anyhow, Devs, Is the MSI GT 740 video card really unsuported? Could that be the cause of 2 weeks agony? And is there some way to fix it? So it is supported?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users