Logitech Macro Help

6 replies to this topic

#1 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:57 AM

I just got a Logitech G700s and it allows me to set up profiles and macros for my games. I'm trying to make one for 6x AC/2 rapid fire. I have it set to press 1 2 3 4 5 6 at 125 ms intervals and to repeat while pressed, but it doesn't repeat.

I tested it with the Logitech Gaming Software, and it worked fine. Tested in a text field and it types 123456123456 as long as I hold the button down. I even typed into unit chat to verify that it works in the MWO client. It's just in game (you know, when it matters) that it doesn't work.

Does anyone have any experience with this mouse/software?

P.S. - I know it's not a great build, but it is hilarious (when it works).

#2 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:00 AM

Probably have to run whatever .exe issues the commands to run in admin mode for it to work ingame.

#3 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:07 AM

Did you bind it to left mouse click? Maybe you have to unselect it ingame so that there is no conflict between the game and the mouse software. Got no mouse with macros just guessing.

Did you bind it to left mouse click? Maybe you have to unselect it ingame so that there is no conflict between the game and the mouse software. Got no mouse with macros just guessing.

#4 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:41 AM

View PostFlapdrol, on 20 February 2015 - 05:00 AM, said:

Probably have to run whatever .exe issues the commands to run in admin mode for it to work ingame.

I'll give that a try. Not sure what or where that is, but I'll poke around.

View PostKotzi, on 20 February 2015 - 05:07 AM, said:

It's bound to a side button that MWO doesn't recognize specifically. I use it in my regular MWO profile to fire weapon group 3 by simply setting it up to be the same as hitting the number 3. No troubles at all there.

For anyone familiar with the software I have it set to game recognition mode (I forget what it's actually called), which uses profiles stored on my PC. I can set up a similar macro using the on-board profiles, and it will fire all six with the correct delay. The problem is that it doesn't have the option to repeat. I can just keep hitting the button and get almost the effect I want, but I'd like to be able to hold it down while I cackle madly.

#5 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:54 AM

Used to run a similar setup never had an issue unless my firing groups weren't set well. I used to alternate arms too.

#6 MechWarrior4172571

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 251 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:34 PM

View PostDarwins Dog, on 20 February 2015 - 04:57 AM, said:

I just got a Logitech G700s and it allows me to set up profiles and macros for my games. I'm trying to make one for 6x AC/2 rapid fire. I have it set to press 1 2 3 4 5 6 at 125 ms intervals and to repeat while pressed, but it doesn't repeat.

I tested it with the Logitech Gaming Software, and it worked fine. Tested in a text field and it types 123456123456 as long as I hold the button down. I even typed into unit chat to verify that it works in the MWO client. It's just in game (you know, when it matters) that it doesn't work.

Does anyone have any experience with this mouse/software?

P.S. - I know it's not a great build, but it is hilarious (when it works).

Might be too fast and is being blocked by MWO software as invalid--just a guess. Try setting up slower intervals and see if that would work, like 1 second apart or something.

#7 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:21 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...c-306-16th-jul/

Just remember it will need to be ran with Admin privileges. Select the keypress and away you go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users