A Grunts Shout Out To Our Loyal Mercs!

18 replies to this topic

#1 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:46 PM

I have no rank beyond being a solider but id like to take a moment and give a shout out to the dedicated mercs of house kurita.

Namely 3 that i have personally heard the most about, sorry if there are others!

1. Cameron's Highlanders, nothing but great things to be heard about you guys, and i even got a chance to watch you guys trash RJ and the warpigs while watching their stream one night. lol. thanks for all your help!

2. Phoenix Legion, one of the few Kurita units to be refereed to as being "polite", the living embodiment of the saying "walk softly and carry a big gun". Thanks for all your help!

3. REM. The newest of the 3, while we know you wont be here forever I have enjoyed how our friendly rivalry has lead to a mutual respect for each other, both as enemies and allies. The dragon appreciates your services on our borders while we have you, and the dragon also looks forward to the opportunity to face you as opponents in the future :D

So 3 cheers to all the mercs who have come to the DCMS to find glory in the most heated and action packed faction of all, may endless cbills rain down upon you in payment for the blood you spill on the altar of war in our name.

*cheers mates!

Edited by SteelWarrior, 20 February 2015 - 01:48 PM.

#2 Stealthsfury

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:49 PM

+1

#3 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:04 PM

They're usually on their own TS, but the Templars have quietly been there with us nearly every night, and deserve every accolade I can give them. Calm, reliable, respectful guys that have been there with us through thick and thin over the last month. We're very lucky to have them with us. :)

#4 Warchild Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 478 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:49 PM

Always a pleasure to fight alongside you. :)

#5 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:53 PM

REM are chill as heck on TS. would beer with any day of the week

#6 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:16 PM

I really wish Templars would socialize with us more, but were glad to have them regardless.

#7 Stormthorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:27 PM

+1

#8 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:08 PM

indeed, and to every merc unit that has ever come here and every unit that will come here. dont listen to the haters, we appreciate all your help

#9 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:31 AM

Thank you from Cameron's Highlanders for your kind words of appreciation! Our little band of warriors certainly could use some more numbers, but when we get enough together we definitely try to carry more than our weight!

Edited by Orbit Rain, 21 February 2015 - 08:05 AM.

#10 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:56 AM

Thanks for the kind words! Cameron's Highlanders will continue to do our best!

#11 WhiteTiger32109

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Chu-sa
  • Chu-sa
  • 591 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:44 AM

Yes, we will keep doing our best out there for you guys.

#12 cRaZy8or5e

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:16 AM

View PostAn Anime Princess, on 20 February 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

REM are chill as heck on TS. would beer with any day of the week

High praise ... makes me want to go hang with the REM fellas lol!

#13 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:41 AM

I'd love to start doing drops with the various MERC units. Getting the different perspectives have been fun the few times I have been able.

#14 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:52 AM

Great job Templars last night in attack of Rosamond. Willing to do dirty work of suffer ghost caps, then win when real matches appear.

*bows respectfully*

Edited by Tasker, 24 February 2015 - 07:53 AM.

#15 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:04 AM

Wanted to add from my perspective as a Merc: I don't know if the larger units like NKVA, NS or 3TL, etc. would consider it, but dropping in 8 to 10 of your unit and using the extra couple slots for the lone-wolves might be beneficial to you all.

For example, if you have two 12-mans, each 100% of their unit (24 players), and 6 pugs. Well that's only two 12's you can have going and the six pugs are SOL. Where as, making three 8-mans leaves room for two pugs in each and give you three 12's going.

I only say this because my unit is smallish and while I love CW, many of mine do not...and it takes a dedicated night and coercion to get a 10 to 12 CW group going. I think you'll find there are a handful of skilled players that log on, see there is no room, and then head back to pugging or group queue.

My unit is certainly loyal to each other and I completely understand giving your own a spot in the group before an outsider...but I think it may be beneficial to instead invite solo or small groups and just rotate your own players in and out. (Plus it is good for recruitment. We got an app from a Kuritan named Zainadin by giving him a spot two nights in a row when we did CW)

Edited by TygerLily, 24 February 2015 - 10:04 AM.

#16 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:05 AM

View PostTygerLily, on 24 February 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

Wanted to add from my perspective as a Merc: I don't know if the larger units like NKVA, NS or 3TL, etc. would consider it, but dropping in 8 to 10 of your unit and using the extra couple slots for the lone-wolves might be beneficial to you all.

For example, if you have two 12-mans, each 100% of their unit (24 players), and 6 pugs. Well that's only two 12's you can have going and the six pugs are SOL. Where as, making three 8-mans leaves room for two pugs in each and give you three 12's going.

I only say this because my unit is smallish and while I love CW, many of mine do not...and it takes a dedicated night and coercion to get a 10 to 12 CW group going. I think you'll find there are a handful of skilled players that log on, see there is no room, and then head back to pugging or group queue.

My unit is certainly loyal to each other and I completely understand giving your own a spot in the group before an outsider...but I think it may be beneficial to instead invite solo or small groups and just rotate your own players in and out. (Plus it is good for recruitment. We got an app from a Kuritan named Zainadin by giving him a spot two nights in a row when we did CW)

We've been doing this with the Remnants already, hop on our TS and say hi.

#17 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:11 AM

Nah Tyger's been there a while. We do need to get a mixed NKVA/CH group going here at some point, how many people are on nightly with y'all? We usually have more people than we can fit in one group so we might be able to get one mostly NKVA group and then a 2nd one with the Highlanders, Remnant and NKVA one night if you're interested.

#18 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:49 AM

The problem is usually CW matches are time sensitive, once a group of 12 is formed it is typically going to be more effective for that group to just queue up quickly instead of making substitutions. If some CH guys will be on for CW tonight, I'd love to run a mixed group with NS pilots.

#19 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for the replies and invites. I'll pass the word along (might be easier now that the challenge is over too). Again, it wasn't a dis on preferring to run with your own (makes perfect sense to me!) just a thought to get numbers!

View PostScoops Kerensky, on 24 February 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

We do need to get a mixed NKVA/CH group going here at some point, how many people are on nightly with y'all?

Mostly we are on around 9pm EST and onward. Generally between 4 and 10 regulars with a few occasionals.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users