#21 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:53 AM

View PostPerfectDuck, on 25 February 2015 - 05:49 PM, said:

I had no idea Liao were this commingling. We never see each other! How long has it been like this?

It's been there but after having our Egos smashed to pieces by the early Davion push, most House Liao loyalists ate some humble pie, knuckled under and trained hard, coordinated with as many HL players as possible and came out punching. [TCAF] have been leading the way.

Hugs,

WML

#22 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:57 AM

View PostPerfectDuck, on 25 February 2015 - 05:49 PM, said:

I had no idea Liao were this commingling. We never see each other! How long has it been like this?

It's mostly out of necessity. Very few Liao units (TCAF being the notable exception) can consistently field a 12-man across multiple time zones and days of the week, but most units DO have a presence in multiple time zones/attack windows, so banding together only makes sense. Also, getting our tails handed to us early on in CW taught us the value of coordination. Liao tends to attract a wide variety of personalities, bound together by a strong faction loyalty.

#23 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:49 AM

We're now attacking Tsingtao! Heading North so all wicked and good. Am going to crack open a bottle of this beverage tonight.

Thanks again to the mixed CCAF units that dropped last night to attack Avigait. I was on for a couple of hours and can now see that [HLGK] has tagged it. Go Gatekeepers!

The drops I was in, we had [PMP], [SHZ], [SMLJ], [LUMN], [TAWN], [FYSK], [LiAO] along with a couple from [TCAF], Kulu from [HLGK] and Timto from [GS] -- this is why I am really enjoying CW at the moment; while I love a single company drop (all the same tags in the summary window sure looks cool); there's something a lot more communal and fun and well, satisfying in seeing so many units working well together, to a common goal.

We had Davion opposition for all but one of my drops; they all fought hard but failed to successfully stem our attack. There was a bit of smack amongst their own players which was humorous to us.

I had one Ghostdrop which was unfortunate; we grabbed a sector with no opposition. Right now Liao appears to have more active players on the Liao/Davion front which is a nice change for me.

I can only assume that House Davion and their AFFS is distracted with their Northern border with House Kurita and House Marik on their west, so we need to be humble, lethal and focused on getting the job done. So far, I am pleased that we're not being complacent or arrogant at our recent successes. We've definitely benefited from Davion's current misfortunes.

Am also enjoying the ingame chat function though I am not too sure if it is contributing to my recent CTDs but being able to coordinate quickly is a boon.

Well done every member of the CCAF and honourable Mercenaries: welcome back; at least for now.

Tsingtao! Grab a crate and raise a glass:

Posted Image
WML

Edited by WaiMingLee, 27 February 2015 - 04:04 AM.

#24 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:32 AM

[4TCR] won 4 engagement battles on Avigait last night, along with 2 Ghosts.

*salute*

Edited by Orkdung, 27 February 2015 - 04:34 AM.

#25 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:41 AM

House Liao continues to nibble away at House Davion's holdings and over this weekend, the CW drops were all fun and competitive. CCAF has only a small number (i.e. one?) of regiments that can field a company of mechs on a regular basis in CW. From observation - this unit nearly always prevails but they can't be in more than one place at a time. So salute to [TCAF] for being the vanguard of the CCAF push! I think they are second in terms of planets taken with 50. One behind the infamous [-MS-]. Considering [TCAF] are House Liao loyalist with limited attack options (KILL DAVIONS) and sandwiched between two huge entities, this is a remarkable achievement. So when these guys drop on a planet, there's a damn good chance that they will take it.

House Liao has historically used mercenaries to bolster the CCAF and many of these units of credit-grabbing, beer-swilling and face-punching warriors have had their impact on reclaiming House Liao planets. Of note, The Order of the Golden Skull [GS] - who recently came back to House Liao employment after they lent their highly valued services to Clan Jade Falcon, have been hitting the AFFS hard and they have 11 planets with their ticker on. Even if they are not at full strength, [GS] tend to supply 2/3 of the mechs in a drop team when assaulting a planet.

The more typical CCAF drop team is made up of lances from at least two or more regiments, filled out with individuals of no-unit affiliation. From my own experience, if this mixed CCAF unit (usually on shared voice comms) drops against an enemy unit with an equivalent composition....the CCAF will nearly always prevail. This has been the prevailing theme in this thread: an acknowledgment and thank you to all the small CCAF units who continue to work together, drop together and fight together. A big nod of course, to big brother [TCAF] and our cousin-number-one, [GS] for leading the way but for the smaller units; we have been pulling our weight and learning too and I want to thank each one of them who have (and will continue) to make the effort to reclaim House Liao worlds and to elevate the celestial throne to the place it needs to be.

Here's just one mixed CCAF drop on Robsart, this time against a majority [PL] unit. The result was successful: even if one of our team was most definitely drunk AND had a 1-v-1 with another team member while the main assault was still underway....

Posted Image

The CCAF units have been changing their tactics and drop unit compositions as a counter to complacency and boredom. So on one drop, we decided to go in a first wave of Atlas assault mechs. Having over 1000 tonnes of mechanised fury batter their way in towards the generators had the desired effect: with all enemy units destroyed under 13 minutes. See below:

Posted Image

Someone then thought the next attack should have as their first wave made up of only trial mechs below assault class. However, a ceasefire was called before the drop team was assembled. Not too sure what the results would have been.

Of course, there have been a many occasions when a typical scratch CCAF unit lands and is faced with a full 12-man unit. Then results are less than celebratory. In one horrid drop this weekend, the scratch CCAF faced off against a full unit of [CI] who battered us off the planet in short order. Rather humbling but a useful lesson nonetheless.

So thank you all CCAF, large and small for bringing pride back to all those who are fighting under the House Liao flag. As an occasional player, not a member of any large established unit, I am very happy that smaller entities can contribute to the war effort (and not just act as bullet sponges!) so I will keep joining in and dropping on planets.

Onwards to Planet Liao and before the map reset!

#26 LittleFly

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPurvo

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:19 AM

View PostWaiMingLee, on 09 March 2015 - 03:41 AM, said:

House Liao continues to nibble away at House Davion's holdings and over this weekend, the CW drops were all fun and competitive. CCAF has only a small number (i.e. one?) of regiments that can field a company of mechs on a regular basis in CW.

Probably best to point out here that the way the current system works, TCAF doing ghost drops during Davion off hours stacks the deck against the units that engage that planet later against opposition. [HLGK] drops 12 man groups routinely, yet most of the planets we take during the opposition hours end up being tagged by TCAF because of the number of tags they receive during ghost drops.

If you are determining your opinion on unit strength based on the number of tagged planets, you might want to look more closely into how the tagging system works.

#27 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostLittleFly, on 09 March 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

If you are determining your opinion on unit strength based on the number of tagged planets, you might want to look more closely into how the tagging system works.

This is all my opinion, so don't be too put out if I have offended anyone - certainly, that was not the intention. I have massive respect to the Gatekeepers (hello Stoneblade, Galvez, Blackhawk). I thank you for your reply as it is clear that you are trying to save me from embarrassing myself. You are right to point out a most important clarification point about the (still) broken system.

I accept that I should have also mentioned [HLGK] as also being active, strong and able to field 12-man units in CW on behalf of House Liao. I know that you guys most likely meet the main strength of House Davion during their prime NA hours each night. That's effing tough and I do not envy you guys at all. My humble apologies, LittleFly for I showed you and your unit disrespect through this omission.

My posts have been all about CW and how ALL HL units, big and small are working together for the honour of House Liao. This is a good thing. Surely the object of House Liao and CCAF is to kill Davions and retake our former worlds? To push towards Planet Liao and Tikonov - doing whatever it takes? This is what we are doing, collectively as a House. It is being reported back by other news organs around the Inner Sphere: here and here and here

Since my time zone is Euro, then mainly Euro units are what I see and experience. I am sorry that I don't drop with [HLGK] more often, I don't see you guys much due to time zone issues. I do see first hand how [TCAF] and others Liao units work. I am impressed with how we are working well together with no egos or inflated self-opinions to hamper our progress and teamwork.

Most of these traits were battered out of us in the first, excruciating months of CW when all we could do was throw what we could, when we could, at the Golden Horde. Well played to the AFFS for hammering us into what we are now.

I do understand the planet tagging system, it is better now then the previous system when it had only one window. That's when we really suffered. I know [HLGK] were in the forefront, active and doggedly defending our worlds against five-to-one odds along with other loyal Capellan units. It was tough, horrible and exhausting. We were losing worlds daily and with the smallest population base and area, there wasn't much we could do. At least we didn't give up.

Right now, House Liao and CCAF have a chance to do well, we all should be grateful that we have units that are active and can push a relative advantage. Can take planets. Can take the fight to the enemy. Can push our boundaries back and secure our future as much as possible because the tide will turn against us.

The fact that some of our units (big and small) are recognised and respected by our opponents as being worthy adversaries, seen as honourable pilots and can give the FedRats the regular 'oh-crud-it's-them-again' moment: to me this is success, this is strength and this is recognition and is due to more than a dodgy planet tagging system.

As Confucius once said:

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

I acknowledge my own ignorance, take a long bow and exit left.

WML

#28 Malphaeus

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationDeep Space

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

Being a proper Liao citizen I am more than happy to see any Liao tags on planets taken. I would love to see more HLGK tags of course but I feel content in knowing that at least our battles are helping to propagate the great Liao name.

Thanks to all those who battle valiantly and keep up the good work. Long live Liao!!

#29 Evil Archer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSSR, Ekaterinburg

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:16 PM

I'll just leave this here:

Posted Image

Edited by Evil Archer, 09 March 2015 - 07:17 PM.

#30 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:42 PM

View PostLittleFly, on 09 March 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

Probably best to point out here that the way the current system works, TCAF doing ghost drops during Davion off hours stacks the deck against the units that engage that planet later against opposition. [HLGK] drops 12 man groups routinely, yet most of the planets we take during the opposition hours end up being tagged by TCAF because of the number of tags they receive during ghost drops.

We don't much care whether or not there's someone to defend a planet. I just should note, that we're not doing ghost-drops because we like it. On drops versus Clan 12s is where the real challenge arises. On Davion's border there isn't much, and nothing we can do about it unless we get wonky and make Solaris matches on first drops or testing new drop decks (well, it doesn't change anything either). We're basically playing in European timeline and even has it late relatively, so I don't know why there's barely any Davion in our prime-time. We would certainly like some, because otherwise it's nothing but a mundane routine for us before helping Rasalhague and Kurita fighting off Clanners.

So far, we've been able to assemble three companies at the same time, and out unit is now over 200 people and keep rising. We also have two teams participating in MRBC league, Clan PUGs are as bad in our eyes as IS ones, while seasoned 12-man Clan drops has a fair 50/50% chance of winning whether they're fighting head-on or rushing for Omega. So, in my opinion, we earned every last planet we have, even with respect to CCAF units, who retagged them by defending them a couple of times. Considering the amount of time, manpower and non-meta based training and tactics that has been put into it, it's disrespectful to accuse us for ghost-dropping all the time.

Edited by DivineEvil, 09 March 2015 - 08:45 PM.

#31 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:39 PM

Anyone knocking TCAF doesn't drop with them. While I agree that the tag system is a bad way to judge a unit skill, I would rank TCAF as the 2nd best unit as far as skill in the CCAF right now, behind only Golden Skulls, who are not exclusively Liao. I haven't seen a whole lot of HLGK in action, but what I have seen has been mediocre at best. They seem hamstrung by suboptimal builds, odd strategy, and strange goofy practices like "gunnery practice".

#32 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:33 AM

I just want to say "Thanks and respect!" to all Liao units. We all do the same job, for all of us.
Without other units TCAF can only take planets in one time zone, and lose them in two others.

#33 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:46 AM

Hello Faith. The gunnery practice is more of to have fun and at the same time teach new recruits the mechanics of certain weapon systems in a live fire exercise. I don't think it's hard to imagine that we've got new players who have never fired a gauss rifle before. It's an event where not only new players but also vets participate and we have a lot of fun doing so.

HLGK is active during NA times so we appear a lot in the solo and group queue. We're also all over the forums as you can see. So it's not unexpected to have brand new pilots on our rosters.

PS: I <3 TCAF :D

Edited by BlackhawkSC, 10 March 2015 - 01:36 AM.

#34 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:56 AM

I'm just saying, CW drops are really not the place for that kind of training. And if you've never fired a Gauss rifle, you really shouldn't be in CW yet. For something that simple, there is the training grounds or private matches.

#35 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:43 AM

I don't recall us doing gunnery exercises in CW. What you saw was probably public queue drops. We also do private lobby, but I mean... gauss'ing your teammates isn't as fun.

Edited by BlackhawkSC, 10 March 2015 - 03:45 AM.

#36 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:31 AM

Want to throw out a "Thanks!" to HLGK and the few others that stepped up and defended against Davion ghostdrops on Tsingtao last night. The Rats had gotten it up to about 5 points free before the Gatekeepers assembled and they slaughtered the next few Davion teams they faced. Like, really just destroyed them hard.

No one else was around and you guys stepped up :)

#37 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:37 AM

Excellent work and well done [HLGK] and other Liao loyalists - NA Prime is probably where we need to concentrate one. For a moment, I though the old 'Ghostdrop' thread was being resurrected. For purely personal reasons, Tsingtao must be kept. I need my beer to flow.

Edited by WaiMingLee, 10 March 2015 - 06:40 AM.

#38 Malphaeus

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationDeep Space

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:51 PM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 09 March 2015 - 11:39 PM, said:

Anyone knocking TCAF doesn't drop with them. While I agree that the tag system is a bad way to judge a unit skill, I would rank TCAF as the 2nd best unit as far as skill in the CCAF right now, behind only Golden Skulls, who are not exclusively Liao. I haven't seen a whole lot of HLGK in action, but what I have seen has been mediocre at best. They seem hamstrung by suboptimal builds, odd strategy, and strange goofy practices like "gunnery practice".

No one was knocking TCAF, Littlefly was just making a comment about the tagging system. We here in the Gatekeepers have much respect for all Liao units actively engaging CW drops. Like I stated before it's good to see Liao tags on all those planets.

Down with the Davion scum and long live Liao!!

P.S. The only one knocking any units in this thread appears to be you Faith. But no worries, it doesn't concern me how you feel about our unit. Good hunting.

Edited by Malphaeus, 10 March 2015 - 01:53 PM.

#39 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:08 PM

I call them like I see them, Mal. It's the only way to improve.

#40 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:29 PM

[HLGK] and House Liao, you're all needed for more lager defence. Tsingtao is under attack again so come on, join and save the BREWERY. Davions have one unit in the attack queue.

Posted Image

Edited by WaiMingLee, 10 March 2015 - 02:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users