52 replies to this topic

#41 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:09 PM

To all those getting their jimmies in a bunch about rj, remember we have asked davion to not let nkvas trolling represent us as a whole, please dont let rjbass' actions represent the whole of davion

#42 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 22 February 2015 - 02:07 PM

Thanks all whom dropped on behalf of Luthien and HK. If The Davion Capital had been up for grabs I would have defended it as well.

I don't hate on RJbass much for dropping in his alt account. Likely the bulk of any competitive / active players have an alt account somewhere. Besides he needed to vent his frustration somewhere ... why not at HK?

What I don't care to hear about is when Davion talks down to HK about our clan focus (or lack there of) ... about trust ... and about honor.

The real problem isn't Honor or even trust ... it is mostly one of communication. We never see each other other than on the battlefield or PVP forum posts. Plus HK through Lore is very adversarial to Davion and vice versa.

#43 LoklanZFG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationWraeclast

Posted 22 February 2015 - 02:19 PM

View PostJavin, on 22 February 2015 - 12:55 PM, said:

I forget some people have that much time on their hands that they have alt accounts. Ah to be that young and have so much free time.

Anyway your welcome for those of us that helped. I found out afterwards Kurtia thanked the House of Davion for defending Luthien by attacking us. You are correct, the lesson was learned.

The attacking on the Davion border during the Luthien attack phase was only 2 groups that queue'd there before Luthien came under attack. They never went back. I was on for the whole attack phase and everyone in HK teamspeak was fighting CSJ. After the ceasefire, everyone dropped dead from the overtime. I was literally the last person in the TS drops when I was running around on the forums thanking everyone for helping. I saw a 12 man dropping on the Dav border, but it certainly wasn't anyone in HK teamspeak.

Edited by LoklanZFG, 22 February 2015 - 02:20 PM.

#44 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 02:24 PM

Big thanks to NS for going big boy pants on this. Thank you. The stupidly bitter drama on this I admit makes no sense to me. If I had been on I would have popped in to help defend luthien and then made an alt to drop csj, because a screenshot of attacking luthien is a wallpaper that will never go out of style in Davion space.

It surprises me at times that people forget that none of the factions here are real. There are no "Kurita players". There are players who play for the Kurita in game faction. The difference I'd subtle but hugely important. I can have a satisfied chuckle at seeing Kurita get grief while still saying that luthien shouldn't be open to drop and it had fallen would either need retconned or FRR capital needs opened immediately. Same as Davion was dropping against Liao regularly while as a player I recognize the Liao map position and lack of options is a problem that must be fixed before the game goes live.

This mingling of in game faction membership and adversarial behavior with who someone is out of game ain't healthy. Due and sincere props to those above who recognized that.

Also there are a lot of Kurita pugs now. Don't be surprised to see them on odd borders, that's not an indication of house behavior.

#45 Stormthorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:26 PM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 22 February 2015 - 06:03 AM, said:

So even in a "thank you" thread, the almighty Dracs manage to come across as condescending, at least you're consistent.

I was just playing! I sincerely appreciate the help. It was a fun night of staying up late, and Kurita wouldn't have won if there weren't enough people in queue.

#46 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:37 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 22 February 2015 - 02:24 PM, said:

Big thanks to NS for going big boy pants on this. Thank you. The stupidly bitter drama on this I admit makes no sense to me. If I had been on I would have popped in to help defend luthien and then made an alt to drop csj, because a screenshot of attacking luthien is a wallpaper that will never go out of style in Davion space.

It surprises me at times that people forget that none of the factions here are real. There are no "Kurita players". There are players who play for the Kurita in game faction. The difference I'd subtle but hugely important. I can have a satisfied chuckle at seeing Kurita get grief while still saying that luthien shouldn't be open to drop and it had fallen would either need retconned or FRR capital needs opened immediately. Same as Davion was dropping against Liao regularly while as a player I recognize the Liao map position and lack of options is a problem that must be fixed before the game goes live.

This mingling of in game faction membership and adversarial behavior with who someone is out of game ain't healthy. Due and sincere props to those above who recognized that.

Also there are a lot of Kurita pugs now. Don't be surprised to see them on odd borders, that's not an indication of house behavior.

I am extremely angry that RJbass and others switched factions in order to let us farm them some more, it is true.

#47 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:56 AM

Shhh Mischief. If you let people know this is a game and trolls live on the internet ..... Man who would they get angry at?

Anyways good job against the clans. Fun fights. Lets do it again sometime.

#48 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:53 AM

I joked about making a Clan alt to go at Luthien, but it had been a bad night dealing with NKVA trolls instead of decent human beings in game. Every unit has bad nights, but when you have a bad night while facing NKVA, it makes you vindictive.

Nice to see NS being sociable. Given that the Inner Sphere rallied to save Kurita's capitol, might we see Kurita show some thanks to the Inner Sphere by cooperating more with the nSL?

#49 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:38 AM

View PostBenjamin Davion, on 24 February 2015 - 12:53 AM, said:

I joked about making a Clan alt to go at Luthien, but it had been a bad night dealing with NKVA trolls instead of decent human beings in game. Every unit has bad nights, but when you have a bad night while facing NKVA, it makes you vindictive.

Nice to see NS being sociable. Given that the Inner Sphere rallied to save Kurita's capitol, might we see Kurita show some thanks to the Inner Sphere by cooperating more with the nSL?

Given that people still showed up to defend Luthien after HK had told the nSL guys to go home I'm not sure how agreeing to a whole bundle of new obligations actually nets House Kurita anything worthwhile.

#50 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:12 AM

Kurita has been perfectly happy to cooperate with the nSL. We just don't want to be a part of it.

#51 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:11 PM

I think HK did do exactly that by offering a ceasefire to Davion in order to focus on the clan border - essentially the stated aim of nSL. The ceasefire received short shrift and instead, as it would appear from the forums at least, the aim of nSL is now to open a lane for Marik to attack us. So while I like your idea, nothing more I'd like to see than pushing clans back, I fail to see how HK can cooperate with nSL when they A) don't want a ceasefire and B ) intend to attack when the opportunity arises.

Edited by Musashi Alexander, 24 February 2015 - 02:12 PM.

#52 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:25 PM

Kurita wanted a ceasefire only after they pushed the border way south and started having Clan issues. They refused one when they were in a more advantageous position than now and Davion was in a worse one. Right now all a cf would do for Davion is lock them out of taking worlds back and helping kick Kurita back on their heels. Kurita succeeded in trash talking enough to get people to care less about beating the Clans and more about making Kurita lose.

People are welcome to talk trash. I do it plenty. The bit that is silly is when they then don't want held to the fire over it. That is the ironic bit. Act like a troll, get treated like a troll, get butthurt over getting treated like a troll. Kurita is going to take a beating and unlike last time when Kurita was cool and good sports over it (which got them a lot of respect) this time its going to get laughs and a lack of empathy. That will run its course and hopefully we can move past it to a is vs clans situation.

#53 LoklanZFG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationWraeclast

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:36 PM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 24 February 2015 - 09:12 AM, said:

Kurita has been perfectly happy to cooperate with the nSL. We just don't want to be a part of it.

+1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users