Honest Question

168 replies to this topic

#41 The Droid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:37 PM

View PostTesunie, on 22 February 2015 - 07:23 PM, said:

I wouldn't say that NKVA's activities need to be slowed or even stopped (though it would help). What really needs to happen (with them at least) is to not have your command support that groups antics any. This would mean: Don't like their posts. Don't join in with their posts. Don't encourage the continuation of those posts. Don't post in a similar manner as them.

Command comes with it perks and burdens. Maintaining a respectful reputation is one such thing. Right now, I can tell you that some of your High Council have lost any respect I once had for them. But others at the same time have increased my respect for them.

Respect means a lot. At least to me. I'm more likely to want to follow someone I respect, than someone I have no respect for.

Right now, you are gaining more respect from me with your current posting trends. I believe you are gaining the respect of several Davions as well. This is a good start to any endeavor. Continue with this, and I believe you may very well succeed.

#42 denghis

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:41 PM

I still don't understand how people get provoked by NKVA on the forums. It's like getting mad at a kid for making faces at you. And you only give it weight by reacting to it. But by all means, continue...it's amusing at the very least.

#43 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:49 PM

View PostStoned Prophet, on 22 February 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

Kurita always seems to excuse the bad behavior of their players ... This Bear aint buying it

And what? Other faction units (both IS and Clans alike) don't have their own that goes off with bad behavior? I do understand where you're coming from, but don't dare take the stance of Kuritans are the only ones that have this, because all you Teddy Baarz are not so sweet and innocent either, bud.

This Drac isn't buying your Kurita only blinders you're wearing.

#44 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

View PostNovawrecker, on 22 February 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

And what? Other faction units (both IS and Clans alike) don't have their own that goes off with bad behavior? I do understand where you're coming from, but don't dare take the stance of Kuritans are the only ones that have this, because all you Teddy Baarz are not so sweet and innocent either, bud.

No. I agree with you. Every faction has their trolls. Just those trolls haven't been as vocal as of late, and/or haven't had as much of an impact on recent events by their actions. (They also normally troll in less insulting and more funny ways.)

Even then, I don't recall those faction trolls gaining support by their recognized leaders.

#45 Lord DeicideRavenRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:58 PM

View PostTesunie, on 22 February 2015 - 07:23 PM, said:

I wouldn't say that NKVA's activities need to be slowed or even stopped (though it would help). What really needs to happen (with them at least) is to not have your command support that groups antics any. This would mean: Don't like their posts. Don't join in with their posts. Don't encourage the continuation of those posts. Don't post in a similar manner as them.

Command comes with it perks and burdens. Maintaining a respectful reputation is one such thing. Right now, I can tell you that some of your High Council have lost any respect I once had for them. But others at the same time have increased my respect for them.

Respect means a lot. At least to me. I'm more likely to want to follow someone I respect, than someone I have no respect for.

Right now, you are gaining more respect from me with your current posting trends. I believe you are gaining the respect of several Davions as well. This is a good start to any endeavor. Continue with this, and I believe you may very well succeed.

ha ha ha ha

#46 Michael Costanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

From the outside looking in, there's a fair amount of history with some confusion and bad feelings on both sides.

To me, fixing it should be pretty simple. And again, from the outside looking in, I have no official say.

But, I'd suggest forget about the wording of a specific cease fire agreement since words are easy to stumble over. Actions should solve this.

If Davion doesn't want to be attacked by Kurita, don't attack Kuritan planets. Either help attack the Clans or defend factions bordering the clans. I'm not saying Davion should defend Kuritan planets but surely Davion can go defend Steiner or FRR planets from the clans. If there aren't any Davions for us to fight, I'd believe we'd prefer attacking the Clans instead of ghost dropping on Davion planets. Similarly, I'd think Davions would prefer to fight the Clans than ghostdrop on Kuritan planets.

Granted, this speaks a little to how well both houses are organized. No one can stop random pugs but it should be possible for each House's leadership to get the message out. Pugs will go where the fights are so if all the fights are on the Clan border, they will go there. If a rogue mercenary group starts doing something non-Clan related, don't support them with more units.

Keeping the attention on the Clans is the best way to act like there's a ceasefire even if there is no real treaty.

#47 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:19 PM

View PostMichael Costanza, on 22 February 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

Keeping the attention on the Clans is the best way to act like there's a ceasefire even if there is no real treaty.

Easier said than done.

#48 Stormthorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:44 PM

As much as this sounds nice, it is not going to work. There will have to be an "official" ceasefire if we want to both get off the Davion/Kurita border. We had that going for us after the first month of CW and this is were we are now.

I'm sure if a ceasefire doesn't happen soon though, it will happen when CSJ or CGB are knocking on Terra's door. Marik and Davion wanting a piece of Kurita will only make the clans push come even sooner.

Honestly, if both Marik and Davion wait until the last second to ask for a ceasefire, I wouldn't be surprised if the Kurita High council decides to turn down the ceasefire because of not coming to terms sooner than the last minute (and more bad blood from forum wars coming from both sides).

Edited by Stormthorn, 22 February 2015 - 09:48 PM.

#49 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:33 PM

From the outside looking in, there's a fair amount of history with some confusion and bad feelings on both sides.

To me, fixing it should be pretty simple. And again, from the outside looking in, I have no official say.

But, I'd suggest forget about the wording of a specific cease fire agreement since words are easy to stumble over. Actions should solve this.

If Davion doesn't want to be attacked by Kurita, don't attack Kuritan planets. Either help attack the Clans or defend factions bordering the clans. I'm not saying Davion should defend Kuritan planets but surely Davion can go defend Steiner or FRR planets from the clans. If there aren't any Davions for us to fight, I'd believe we'd prefer attacking the Clans instead of ghost dropping on Davion planets. Similarly, I'd think Davions would prefer to fight the Clans than ghostdrop on Kuritan planets.

Granted, this speaks a little to how well both houses are organized. No one can stop random pugs but it should be possible for each House's leadership to get the message out. Pugs will go where the fights are so if all the fights are on the Clan border, they will go there. If a rogue mercenary group starts doing something non-Clan related, don't support them with more units.

Agreed, I feel that the real reason ceasefire pacts don't work is because even if the commands involved agree in perfectly good faith theirs always going to be a few guys who don't get the memo in time. We could consider stuff like having diplomatic agreements and stances spelled out on each houses enjin pages on a publicly viewable page so everyone could see everything in black and white or having ceasefires only go into effect on a pre ordained day so word has time to get out to every player but for the moment we don't have any of those things. Ceasefires are boring anyway, but I see big potential in co-aggression pacts. Its much harder for me to see someone breaking a co-aggression pact then a ceasefire.

#50 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:58 PM

View PostNovawrecker, on 22 February 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

[Redacted] I said Kurita (im going to caps this so you know its the important part) MAKES EXCUSES FOR ITS MEMBERS BAD BEHAVIOR. Do all factions have people who act like Kurita members do? Actually, if you pay attention, no, they dont. But lets say they did. Thats not my point. My point is (Ill caps this again so you know its the point) HOUSE KURITA MAKES EXCUSES FOR ITS MEMBERS BAD BEHAVIOR. EXCUSES. EXCUSES. Thats the point they make EXCUSES for their players bad behavior.

[Redacted]

View PostStormthorn, on 22 February 2015 - 09:44 PM, said:

As much as this sounds nice, it is not going to work. There will have to be an "official" ceasefire if we want to both get off the Davion/Kurita border. We had that going for us after the first month of CW and this is were we are now.

I'm sure if a ceasefire doesn't happen soon though, it will happen when CSJ or CGB are knocking on Terra's door. Marik and Davion wanting a piece of Kurita will only make the clans push come even sooner.

Honestly, if both Marik and Davion wait until the last second to ask for a ceasefire, I wouldn't be surprised if the Kurita High council decides to turn down the ceasefire because of not coming to terms sooner than the last minute (and more bad blood from forum wars coming from both sides).

Your own members admit to breaking the ceasefire you reference and you wonder why the Davs rejected your "peace proposal". Some people are so nutty...

Edited by Tina Benoit, 25 February 2015 - 12:14 PM.

#51 The Droid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:01 AM

View PostStoned Prophet, on 22 February 2015 - 11:58 PM, said:

[Redacted] I said Kurita (im going to caps this so you know its the important part) MAKES EXCUSES FOR ITS MEMBERS BAD BEHAVIOR. Do all factions have people who act like Kurita members do? Actually, if you pay attention, no, they dont. But lets say they did. Thats not my point. My point is (Ill caps this again so you know its the point) HOUSE KURITA MAKES EXCUSES FOR ITS MEMBERS BAD BEHAVIOR. EXCUSES. EXCUSES. Thats the point they make EXCUSES for their players bad behavior.

[Redacted]

Your own members admit to breaking the ceasefire you reference and you wonder why the Davs rejected your "peace proposal". Some people are so nutty...

Posted Image

#52 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:30 AM

I don't really see why anyone would get into a forum tussle with you Draconis types, it seems like you'll just burn them with DANK MEMES every time.

And don't get me wrong, I like it.

#53 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:51 AM

People get upset so easily. The memes are often perfectly timed and funny. I've seen plenty on the forums and most of it is toxic and angry and much of it from Davions and everyone else. NKVA guys are more amusing than toxic. The fact they seem to affect so many thin skinned players should be surprising but it isn't. Heck, HK guys over react to other forum trolls too. So it is what it is. I won't let PvP forum warrior effect my game play experience.

[Redacted]

[Redacted]

#54 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:27 AM

View PostAn Anime Princess, on 23 February 2015 - 01:02 AM, said:

NUH UH!

FTFY

#55 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:52 AM

Well if the commands talk and get the information out, something could get worked out. While the goons, sorry NVKA, like to flame bait, I am quite sure our infighting is only helping the clans.

Meanwhile Davion does not have the numbers to ghost drop planets. Heck we barely have enough to fight on one front, let alone four.

#56 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:40 AM

I said Kurita (im going to caps this so you know its the important part) MAKES EXCUSES FOR ITS MEMBERS BAD BEHAVIOR. Do all factions have people who act like Kurita members do? Actually, if you pay attention, no, they dont.

MS. Nuff said.

#57 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:45 AM

VERY clearly you're wearing blinders again, this time it's with reading comprehension. I stated, that House Kurita isn't the only faction that has their trouble makers. As much as you point the finger at us for "covering" for them, the other factions are just as guilty. You're MAKING EXCUSES TO BLAME ONLY KURITA, you blasted hypocrite. Take off those damned blinders next time you want to accuse anyone from not reading English.

Edited by Tina Benoit, 25 February 2015 - 12:18 PM.

#58 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:47 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 23 February 2015 - 02:40 AM, said:

MS. Nuff said.

Im so glad MS is part of all factions all the time. L2read. Nuff said.

#59 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:44 AM

looks like the gene pool for ghost bear needs a better lifeguard lmao

#60 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:57 AM

View PostStoned Prophet, on 23 February 2015 - 02:47 AM, said:

Im so glad MS is part of all factions all the time. L2read. Nuff said.

And yet they proclaim CGB as their "home territory" and are excused by the CGB leadership for their behavior. Read2Learn.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users