12 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:13 AM

So I'll be the first to admit I'm not much of a meta player. I grudgingly got on board with the whole 9S and Firestarter A thing because my top earners in the PUG queue were a laughable joke in CW.

I'd love to create a Steiner-specific drop deck (so Commando, Atlas, Zeus when it drops, Griffin...other Steiner mechs), but pulling it off, and not being a burden on the team, is tricky.

I loved my BNC 3M, running 4 LPLs and 3 Flamers, it was incredibly effective...until the re-quirkening. But the build was a fun AND effective one. Now it looks like if I slapped 4 PPCs in it, that would be the new Meta, but that's not really what I'm looking for.

Anyone come up with fun drop decks that are effective? I'm kind of getting burned out on CW and I'm looking for something fun.

#2 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:29 AM

Locust, Shadowhawk, Griffon, Atlas.

I'm not going to post a specific configuration, because information is ammunition. The lesser ammo the opponent has, the better for us.

Edited by StUffz, 23 February 2015 - 09:30 AM.

#3 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:41 AM

View PostStUffz, on 23 February 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

Locust, Shadowhawk, Griffon, Atlas.

I'm not going to post a specific configuration, because information is ammunition. The lesser ammo the opponent has, the better for us.

I think I can probably grab builds out of that info. So 55 tonners...hm...

I almost have all my Enforcers mastered - debating bringing one over, but they can't quite push out enough damage over a long enough amount of time to be effective against the Clans.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 23 February 2015 - 09:48 AM.

#4 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:46 AM

I just made a mistake. It should be Locust, Shadowhawk/Griffon, Thunderbolt, Atlas. This should fit.

To admit, I have not tested the Griffon after Quirks because I don't like the Torso twist sound.

Alternatevely, Locust, Locust, Atlas, Atlas.

Edited by StUffz, 23 February 2015 - 09:49 AM.

#5 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:37 PM

The Commando would be a better Steiner choice for ECM rather than an Atlas. Too easy to hit with PPCs.

The Griffin 3M has good SRM4 quirks (10% bonus Cooldown), and you can get away with a standard engine build that is still pretty quick.

Everyone knows the standard Shadowhawk/Thunderbolt/Atlas builds. ;)

#6 Michal R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:11 AM

3xTDR (5SS-7xMPL. 9SE-3xLPL, 5S-2xsrm6, 3xML and 1xLPL) and Firestarter (Ember or FS9-A).
You don't need nothing more.

#7 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:54 AM

For Steiner at present I wouldn't really answer... I think once the IS tonnage increase comes in March to 250t and the Zeus drops you could go Zeus + 2x 55t + 35-45t all your own choosing. Myself I'm looking forward to testing the LL meta in the next IS contract rotation. When that is... anybodies guess.

#8 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:38 AM

I'm trying out a different deck right now that's Cicada, Enforcer, Shadowhawk, Banshee. We'll see how that goes, although I'm still tweaking the builds and grinding the Enforcer up. Not very Steiner-esque, though.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 24 February 2015 - 08:40 AM.

#9 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 260 posts
  • LocationWayside V

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:35 PM

Running the champion Spider, the Cent AH, a trial Dragon and the Atlas S for mine. Attacked Borghese earlier tonight and we took omega before I could get shot out of the Centurion.

#10 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:50 PM

I think if PGI allowed certain LP bonuses and group bonuses for having all Steiner mechs for a faction then that'd be cool. Imagine Steiner Atlases get 25% extra torso twist or something for having an Atlas along with other Steiner mechs... ;)

#11 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:36 PM

Or even an XP, loyalty, or Cbill bonus, yeah. I think that was originally in the plan, but haven't heard anything more about it.

#12 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostAidan Kell, on 24 February 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

Attacked Borghese earlier tonight and we took omega before I could get shot out of the Centurion.

Death Hands Brigade and 12th Donegals thank you for filling up our 11 man team on that attack on Borghese Mr. Kell.
We appreciated your help.

( The match after that our pug was afk at start and the match was nearly over when he came back, got to stay sharp if u want to roll with DHB and 12DG ;) )

Edited by Count Zero 74, 25 February 2015 - 10:36 AM.

#13 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 260 posts
  • LocationWayside V

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:42 PM

The Jaded Turkies are getting too close to the homeworld for comfort. Any chance to put them in their place is gold for me, happy to help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users