• 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:12 AM

CO's of units at the top (living document):

House Steiner Spokesman: Wild Hog

5th RCT: CO Bront
6th RCT: CO Wild Hog
10th SR: CO Moku

This may be a stupid question, but do we have a unified command? Like a list of permanent, loyalist units and their XOs? Maybe someone, or group of someones, at the top of the food chain organizing this whole mess?

Edit: We're in Beta with CW now, so really, none of this planet swapping matters at all. There's no consequences because you get nothing for controlling a planet. "House Steiner" could literally be reduced to Tharkad and there would be no in-game consequences at all.

But...

This stuff will start to matter when CW goes Gold. We should probably get organized before then, because the lack of organization in our House is becoming an obvious problem.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 24 February 2015 - 01:32 PM.

#2 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:32 AM

And bumping.

#3 GenJack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:43 AM

Agree!

#4 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:44 AM

I can talk to the 5th RCT. Our XO is Bront. So let's get this started:

5th RCT: General Bront.

And this will only be a list of permanent Steiner forces. I figure we can have a communications officer to coordinate this stuff and chat with mercs about unified strategies.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 24 February 2015 - 09:46 AM.

#5 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:34 AM

The topic of a unified Steiner command was discussed at the last SLDF meeting.
Wild Hog from the 6RCT was elected as the Steiner spokesman from all the Steiner unit CO's present.
It's nothing official of course but we're working on it.

Edited by Count Zero 74, 24 February 2015 - 10:38 AM.

#6 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:43 AM

Well, that's something then. The goal is to have some sort of COC that's accessible to everyone, so they know who to contact or if someone says something whether it's official or just someone popping on the boards to give their opinion.

So Wild Hog is the 6th RCT XO, correct?

In addition to his overall position as House Grand Superdude?

Oh, who all was in on this SLDF meeting? Which units?

Edited by Dawnstealer, 24 February 2015 - 11:43 AM.

#7 Moku

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:57 AM

Sh!t's broke yo. Maybe 5RCT wasn't informed. I know I wasn't.

Moku 10SR

#8 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:06 PM

View PostMoku, on 24 February 2015 - 11:57 AM, said:

Sh!t's broke yo. Maybe 5RCT wasn't informed. I know I wasn't.

Moku 10SR

I usually solo drop just because I'm usually not on at the same time as most of the 5RCT guys, so it's possible I missed the memo. I've never dropped with Wild Hog, but if he's at the top of the COC, and everyone's on board with that: cool.

So you're the 10SR: who's the XO for your unit?

#9 Moku

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:14 PM

That be me. CO or commanding officer. Probably should use XO for talking about the executive officer.
Sorry I can't reply again, I got a 2 hour commute now.. Cya.

Moku 10SR

Edited by Moku, 24 February 2015 - 12:15 PM.

#10 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:39 PM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 24 February 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

The topic of a unified Steiner command was discussed at the last SLDF meeting.
Wild Hog from the 6RCT was elected as the Steiner spokesman from all the Steiner unit CO's present.
It's nothing official of course but we're working on it.

Who's the CO for 6th RCT?

#11 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 24 February 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

Who's the CO for 6th RCT?

That should be Wild Hog, he's usually on the Steiner Hub TS

#12 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 24 February 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

That should be Wild Hog, he's usually on the Steiner Hub TS

Yeah, seen him on there, but I'm usually dropping with my guys when I'm on TS. Especially with VOIP being an in-game feature, I think there might be a migration away from TS, or at least a mix.

#13 Moku

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:40 PM

There is already a list: http://mwomercs.com/...fare-unit-list/

#14 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:13 PM

Oh, yeah - that's perfect. That thread should be stickied - can we talk to the mods about that? Looks like it's dropped to page 2 and falling.

Edit: actually, I'll just PM a mod. Derp.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 24 February 2015 - 03:14 PM.

#15 LoklanZFG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationWraeclast

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:54 PM

I'm told a PM or reporting for sticky is the best way to get a thread pinned (not trolling)

Just wanted to say, I certainly hope you guys can pull together a unified Command Group. We haven't dropped much against any Steiner groups, but SRoT a while back gave us a few of the best matches we've had in the IS. Speaking as someone who was active in CW when HK's High Command was put together, it definitely made our loyalist units more effective when we were all on the same page. Good luck and good hunting, neighbors! o7

#16 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:55 PM

View PostLoklanZFG, on 24 February 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

I'm told a PM or reporting for sticky is the best way to get a thread pinned (not trolling)

Just wanted to say, I certainly hope you guys can pull together a unified Command Group. We haven't dropped much against any Steiner groups, but SRoT a while back gave us a few of the best matches we've had in the IS. Speaking as someone who was active in CW when HK's High Command was put together, it definitely made our loyalist units more effective when we were all on the same page. Good luck and good hunting, neighbors! o7

When we organize, we're pretty good. Problem is we have a lot of good, but fairly independent-minded players: organization is not our strong suit.

And I figured out the PM-thang about halfway through typing that last bit. Turns out there's that other thread, so once that's stickied, maybe we can turn this ship around?

#17 Wild Hog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:58 PM

OK, before this turns into something ugly, let me make it absolutely clear how things went down at the SLDF meeting.

There was going to be a vote, and each faction gets just one. Steiner members present gave me permission, after a private discussion, to cast that vote. I gave my word to all those present that I would not do anything controversial, and stuck firmly to that, only casting that 1 vote that we had unanimously agreed on anyway.

This does not make me the official House Steiner spokesperson. I do not believe anyone present intended that to be a permanent designation, myself included. Another point I would like to make is that this was for SLDF purposes, and in no way transfers to any kind of position within House Steiner proper. Do we need some kind of leadership? Absolutely! However, I doubt very much we'd get far if we tried to put it all on one person. A council of sorts representing as many members as possible might have a better chance. Don't leave the mercs out either, there are many loyal groups that should be included.

I am CO of Apache Division, House Steiner's 6th Regimental Combat Team and in 2015 we will celebrate 17 years of service to the Archon (a role I was honored to play pre-MWO) . We are under permanent contract and can be found on the Steiner Hub weekday evenings and most of the weekend, and I will always make myself available to anyone that wants to talk.

#18 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:39 PM

Yeah, some of those you mentioned are hub leaders, but they're not the voice of Steiner.

We loyalists are all in this together.

#19 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:39 PM

View PostWild Hog, on 24 February 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

OK, before this turns into something ugly, let me make it absolutely clear how things went down at the SLDF meeting.

There was going to be a vote, and each faction gets just one. Steiner members present gave me permission, after a private discussion, to cast that vote. I gave my word to all those present that I would not do anything controversial, and stuck firmly to that, only casting that 1 vote that we had unanimously agreed on anyway.

This does not make me the official House Steiner spokesperson. I do not believe anyone present intended that to be a permanent designation, myself included. Another point I would like to make is that this was for SLDF purposes, and in no way transfers to any kind of position within House Steiner proper. Do we need some kind of leadership? Absolutely! However, I doubt very much we'd get far if we tried to put it all on one person. A council of sorts representing as many members as possible might have a better chance. Don't leave the mercs out either, there are many loyal groups that should be included.

I am CO of Apache Division, House Steiner's 6th Regimental Combat Team and in 2015 we will celebrate 17 years of service to the Archon (a role I was honored to play pre-MWO) . We are under permanent contract and can be found on the Steiner Hub weekday evenings and most of the weekend, and I will always make myself available to anyone that wants to talk.

For my part, I didn't see it as a bad thing. Having anyone at the top is better than no one, which is what I thought the case was. If you're the person at the top? A unified idea, even a shaky one, is better than 500 ideas all scampering about. That's kind of what I'm trying to do with this post - get all of us organized groups on the same page. Have one person or group come up with a general plan, and then have the units carry it out in an organized way.

This as opposed to "crap - CJF is taking another system." I mean, we apparently have the numbers to drop on CJF night and day for weeks on end - not something they can match, numbers-wise. If we could get organized, we could shove them back to the Periphery on ghost drops alone.

#20 Basch

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:00 AM

Dawnstealer think of it more of a think tank, while we don't have any one really "in-charge" alot of the units talk and pass ideas around and when something is being planed it gets around fast so others can join in. We do have a general idea of what needs to be done but things take time and people have lives. Also star league is going to get alot of groups better organized.

Finally, its all the clans that defend against us not just clan green chicken. Hell if its not for clan doggy and clan gray kitty kat they would have lost alot of planets to DHB alone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users