#1 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:07 AM

Herro :3

This post is all about how to use the Executioner effectively. I realize this post may seem a bit early, but I decided to open the subject as there are a few key points I think everyone should be aware of before misusing this monster machine.

The first point I'd like to make pertains to the Prime and B variants. If you pick up this variant, the first thing you're gonna want to do before using it is change the weaponry. The firepower mounted on it is intended for long-range combat but is fairly sub-standard when considering it's a 95-ton assault. The idea behind this chassis is that it has the speed to fall back and keep engagements at long range. While this may be effective to some degree, a majority of maps really cater to brawler assaults, leaving long-range sniping to lighter mechs. You may want to swap out omni-pods entirely on this guy, imo the EXE-A has the best omni-pods (minus EXE-D which likely won't have available omni-pods for a while).

The second point I'd like to make is specifically towards CW. If you do decide to make your Executioner a long-range sniper, don't bother playing it in CW as you will be sorely disappointed. Most attacking strategies involve speed and/or brawling, where defense strategies involve heavy loadouts for multiple ranges. With the inclusion of MASC and a fast engine, there's not much reason to delegate your Executioner to a stand-and-snipe position, as other lighter mechs can yield the same amount of firepower and do the job better. The attack strategy of fast brawler, however, is what it excels at. It's got the speed to close range quickly, and it's got the hard points to mount a dizzying array of pulse lasers. It's even got the jj's to jump the gate and potentially mount an all-assault sneak attack. (fyi, you can expect some 12-mans to run all-EXE/MLX meta-builds, so they really could bypass the gates entirely if they wanted.)

Lastly, if you haven't opted to buy a package but you're still planning to buy some A La Carte or wait for C-Bills purchase, you may be wondering, "Which one should I purchase first?" If you're looking to only spend C-Bills, I suggest getting the EXE-A first. It comes with a decent amount of hard points that you can modify for some truly scary laser boating. If you're willing to spend some cash to receive the mech earlier, then I highly suggest the EXE-D once it becomes available in the Gift Shop. A little omni-pod swapping on this variant gives you up to 13 energy hardpoints! But be careful not to run too hot.

I'd love to hear more of other people's ideas on the EXE in this thread, maybe some loadout ideas. Have at it!

#2 Prawfutt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationThe sulfuric beaches of Malibu

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:04 AM

I do not have much hope for the EXE honestly.

MASC will put it around the same speed as a TBR at likely the risk of damaging your own legs.
TBR and the new ebon Jaguar both have more pod space for weapons. HBR has the same tonnage while packing ecm
Arm weapons will be low slung.
4 fixed JJs = too much weight spent on JJ (8t) for to little gain. *see how effective highlanders are in the current game

That being said I would really like to be surprised by the EXE. but my EXEpectations are it will be another clan mech that can not compete with the big dogs.

#3 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:12 PM

I see it as a very similar 'Mech to the Gargoyle that trades engine size (not speed though thanks to MASC) with some JJs, not a so bad trade after all. I am curious to see it in action.

Btw, i do not agree that " Gargoyle and Executioner cannot compete with the Dire Wolf". It would be like saying that the Nova cannot compete with the Stormcrow, or the Adder cannot compete with the Mist Lynx. They have different roles and capabilities. Warhawk and Dire Wolf are a better comparison, though i really think that each 'Mech is different from any other. Except maybe Artic Cheetah and Mist Lynx.. Poor Lynx :(

Edited by CyclonerM, 24 February 2015 - 12:18 PM.

#4 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

View PostPrawfut Bludskin, on 24 February 2015 - 11:04 AM, said:

I do not have much hope for the EXE honestly.

MASC will put it around the same speed as a TBR at likely the risk of damaging your own legs.
TBR and the new ebon Jaguar both have more pod space for weapons. HBR has the same tonnage while packing ecm
Arm weapons will be low slung.
4 fixed JJs = too much weight spent on JJ (8t) for to little gain. *see how effective highlanders are in the current game

That being said I would really like to be surprised by the EXE. but my EXEpectations are it will be another clan mech that can not compete with the big dogs.

Spot on.

#5 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:43 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 24 February 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

I see it as a very similar 'Mech to the Gargoyle that trades engine size (not speed though thanks to MASC) with some JJs, not a so bad trade after all. I am curious to see it in action.

Btw, i do not agree that " Gargoyle and Executioner cannot compete with the Dire Wolf". It would be like saying that the Nova cannot compete with the Stormcrow, or the Adder cannot compete with the Mist Lynx. They have different roles and capabilities. Warhawk and Dire Wolf are a better comparison, though i really think that each 'Mech is different from any other. Except maybe Artic Cheetah and Mist Lynx.. Poor Lynx :(

I share your opinion 100%. Too many people are looking at the Executioner as an inferior Dire Wolf, but that simply is not the case. There are things you can do with an Executioner that you cannot do with a Dire Wolf, for example outrun another Dire Wolf. Try dodging fire in a Dire Wolf... not possible, but maybe possible in an EXE.

I think the EXE is going to be a great addition to CW.

#6 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:57 PM

Im concerned about the fact that still most of the weapons are on the arms and they are mid body thus resulting you in being the same kind of ergonomic as the gargoyle but with a few torso mounted weps.

I guess some of its strength is going to be very dependent on how masc is implemented.

Still only thinking of buying up to the cauldron born... 4 more days...

#7 Prawfutt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationThe sulfuric beaches of Malibu

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:03 PM

As I said. I really would like to be surprised by the Executioner.

And I am not comparing it to the Dire Wolf, you are correct it is not really meant to compete with the DWhale. I am comparing it to the Timber Wolf, because all of your suggestions on how to run it in your OP puts it in direct competition with a Twolf in a drop deck.

Timber Wolf is 20 tons lighter
with more available tonnage for weapons and equipment.
does not risk damaging itself to go as fast as it does.
also has JJs, AND the option to not take JJs

Executioner has more armor

#8 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:29 PM

Things like weapons in the arms because they are easier to replace..

Cheapness of UrbanMechs.

Money-saving features like no Endo-Steel.

Things like them.

Things that if having a purpose in the game they would help these 'Mechs.. Since many designs are just designed that way, while only some are just flawed designs.

#9 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:14 PM

Valid points, for sure.

In the end I guess we have to wait and see what they'll do with MASC. I'm optimistic, purchased the full W3 already. :P

#10 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:18 PM

And what about the Cauldron Born?

#11 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

View PostKuroNyra, on 24 February 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

And what about the Cauldron Born?

Will be largely replacing the Hellbringer. Now the HBR's only role will be ECM coverage so I am sure the Clan heavies will be fielded in this order once all are available for c-bills:

1. Timberwolf
2. Cauldron-Born
3. Hellbringer

Some guys are running the HBR/HBR/HBR/IFR deck now.......I expect that to shift to something like CB/CB/HBR/SC.

#12 Sky Ferrix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 137 posts
  • LocationNorth Augusta, SC

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:15 PM

Regardless of what tier people are going to throw it in, a good pilot will make it work...y'know...as usual.

#13 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:46 PM

It's not likely going to be terrible. It might even be viable, hitbox depending.

Certainly not Tier 1 or God Tier, but it can mount a Gauss and 6 ERMLs with adequate heatsinks and ammo, all one one side. It actually has an advantage over the TimberGod! Still....don't let that Gauss blow, since it's in the ST.

Worth 95 tons? Probably not, so not an ideal CW mech. It should do alright in the PUG LIFE though.

#14 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:58 PM

When comparing the Timber Wolf to the Executioner, are we comparing their pod space with the same armour?
Or we should probably being coming them when they're at the same pod space.

Edited by reddevil, 24 February 2015 - 10:01 PM.

#15 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:06 PM

Only reason the Gladiator was any good in Mechwarrior 4 was because it lowered the engine size down to a 52KPH mech, which gave it a LOT more space to play with.

Without the ability to do that, even the Man O'War laughs at it.

#16 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:19 PM

Also:

Posted Image

#17 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:14 AM

I am really skeptical that the executioner will be worth the extra 40 bucks for me (lol canadian dollar) I am thinking I may just get up to the cauldron born.

Or maybe buy the top pack then ask for a refund after more details are out..... IDK....

Halp?

#18 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:25 AM

I am going to get the top tier W3 tomorrow on payday.

I want the extra variant with all the energy in the arm. I mean, if you are going to try it all, might as well have all the good hardpoints...right?

#19 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:14 AM

View Postdervishx5, on 24 February 2015 - 10:19 PM, said:

Also:

Posted Image

dat paint, lol, he just rushed THROUGH that house? so revcently, left and right are still bricks flying around. yet where is all the "house" remains that would have been in front of him? magically gone. because "artwork magic" xD

#20 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:35 AM

Maybe he just rushed down a small alley that was just abit too small for him.

Either that or I imagine the guy driving the thing is going "OH YEAH!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users