#41 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:23 AM

View PostDivine Retribution, on 26 February 2015 - 10:43 PM, said:

The FRR leadership is sane, isn't inbred, and isn't of the idea that magical pixy dust in their veins makes them special (they aren't "royalty"). Nor are FRR soldiers mass-produced in sweatshops then sent to their deaths.

When I think of it that way I wonder what's wrong with everyone else that they would accept one of those conditions. Did I miss something where there's another reasonable democratic faction? Or maybe a clan that doesn't make people in a breeding facility and didn't twist Aleksandr Kerensky's vision for a return to the IS after the Exodus?

I might work for other factions if a lucrative contract is offered, I am a merc after all. But I don't mind working for the FRR, which is more than I can say about the other factions.

Edit: Oh right, and the chance to change history (lore). If enough players went FRR it could rule the whole IS!

We might not have Democracy, are raised with concepts of warriors's honor that boders on recklessness, are required to unquestioned devotion to the emperor... okay it's not the best conditions over here, but we also have an intersting cultural heritage and warriors also study arts for a healthy mental balance that allow us to fight more effectively.

I'm a Kurita at heart, but being a Mercenary's soul, I'd also be very comfortable under FRR colors. Keep fighting the good fight!

PS: See you on Tukayyid ;)

Edited by SethAbercromby, 27 February 2015 - 03:23 AM.

#42 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:22 AM

But, but.. Russ said he was always a supporter for the underdogs, maybe this is their way of helping FRR somehow?

#43 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:45 AM

View PostNeoCodex, on 27 February 2015 - 05:22 AM, said:

But, but.. Russ said he was always a supporter for the underdogs, maybe this is their way of helping FRR somehow?

Well.....he is providing us with a very target rich environment.

#44 War Steiner

• PipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 95 posts
  • LocationTerceira, Azores, Portugal

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:51 AM

In the lore, FRR got down to what, 7 planets before Comstar stepped in with the Tukayyid solution? PGI is not playing out of context.

The other thing to point out is that PGI did say that CW would start out on 3 month cycles and we are coming to the end of the first 3 months, so...

In closing, I'd like to point out that the Free Worlds League Military has secured the space around Terra to ensure it's safety from the barbarians beyond the gates.

See you on Tukayyid!

Edited by War Steiner, 27 February 2015 - 05:52 AM.

#45 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:40 AM

View PostNeoCodex, on 27 February 2015 - 05:22 AM, said:

Of course he likes underdogs. Almost everyone likes underdogs. But as proven once again by the FRR population in CW, few people are willing to be the underdog. Cheering for the little guy and fighting for the little guy are very different things. Different breeds I suppose.

Fighting for the little guy goes against basic survival instincts, even in us humans. That might partly explain the low FRR population since the start of CW...

Edited by Divine Retribution, 27 February 2015 - 04:27 PM.

#46 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:58 AM

I think that the FRR is the underdog alone doesn't explain out small numbers.
A part of it might be that there is little "actual" FRR lore in BT, it was always just there to be conquered by the Clans.

#47 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:38 AM

The only sourcebook in which the "Free FRR" actually played a major role was Brush Wars where the so-called Ronin War (FRR establishing and defending their granted independence) was described.

That came out -after- the sourcebooks and novels about the Clan invasion.

So, in terms of storytelling for most BT fans it was a jump directly from the 4th Succession War to the Clan Invasion. And I bet many people (me included) read the Clan invasion novels and were like:

Huh? Rasalhague? Whassat?
Another Great House apparently. Mmkay.
Aaaaand it´s gone.
Oh. ... Whatevs...

Storytelling wise the FRR´s only purpose during its short time of existance had been to be the whipping boy of the sister boinkers. It was there so Stackpole´s Mary Sue protagonist, Phelan Kell/Phelan Wolf, and his likeable Clan Wolf buddies ("We´re Godwin´s Law in space, but we´re cool about it!") could shine.

That doesn´t attract alot of fanboys.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 27 February 2015 - 08:41 AM.

#48 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:53 AM

Actually, a 3-month cw cycle would make a lot of sense as far as implementing fixes/modes/maps/etc. Then once all the nuts and bolts are sorted out; switching to an annual cycle type thing.

#49 Hayato1983

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:03 AM

:ph34r:

#50 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:06 AM

View PostWar Steiner, on 27 February 2015 - 05:51 AM, said:

The other thing to point out is that PGI did say that CW would start out on 3 month cycles and we are coming to the end of the first 3 months, so...

The "seasons" deal went out the window when everyone cried about wanting shorter contracts.

#51 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:08 AM

View PostMandrakerootes, on 25 February 2015 - 04:21 AM, said:

Russ said something about an event around Tukkayid. One were all clans can attack and all IS need to dfend and the planet has like over a hundred tiles. Something probably converging with a reset of the map. So is there a reset to be expected soon?

WOW! That's...

... completely "meh", to be honest. Unless there are major rewards for participating, I'll be using my time to continue practicing CW in service of my own house, or at least defend actual FRR planets, if there are any left at that point. PGI took that planet, let them defend it. I'd rather see them spend their time refining (by which I mean rebuilding from scratch) the bonkers CW mechanics, but oh well.

As for the battle: May the larger zerg pile win. Which it will. Especially if it's the IS.

Edited by Koshirou, 27 February 2015 - 10:09 AM.

#52 Mandrakerootes

• PipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:50 AM

And now PGI made Tukkayid attackable to Smoke Jaguar, the only Clan that had no attacklane into us. Why the **** PGI?

Taking Tukkayid away from us to give it to Jaguar(in the Oceanic time zone too), as if we didnt have enough problems at hand. Seriously what is your beef with us, didnt we die fast enough, didnt we buy enough MC to merit our survival? Im seriously pissed at how blatlantly ****** over we got this time.

#53 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:14 AM

View PostMandrakerootes, on 28 February 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

And now PGI made Tukkayid attackable to Smoke Jaguar, the only Clan that had no attacklane into us. Why the **** PGI?

Taking Tukkayid away from us to give it to Jaguar(in the Oceanic time zone too), as if we didnt have enough problems at hand. Seriously what is your beef with us, didnt we die fast enough, didnt we buy enough MC to merit our survival? Im seriously pissed at how blatlantly ****** over we got this time.

It's a bug, stop taking everything personally.

#54 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:23 AM

Interesting that Tukkayid has the PGI logo on it...

#55 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:16 AM

So CSJ had to ghost drop on it?

Or did the devs actually try to defend it?

PS: What´s up with the Oceanic timezone anyways? Never saw a capital world being eligible for attacks in the EU timezone. I always read about this stuff the next morning.

#56 -Natural Selection-

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:17 AM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 28 February 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

So CSJ had to ghost drop on it?

Or did the devs actually try to defend it?

PS: What´s up with the Oceanic timezone anyways? Never saw a capital world being eligible for attacks in the EU timezone. I always read about this stuff the next morning.

Looks as though only PGI and lonewolfs could defend it. Our group faced a group who were defending it, but none were in units or a faction. That was the 1st drop and we did a couple ghost drops after that before leaving.

#57 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:11 PM

Excuse me if my wording is rather crude, but...

Dafuq?

#58 Mandrakerootes

• PipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:46 AM

View PostWingbreaker, on 28 February 2015 - 08:14 AM, said:

It's a bug, stop taking everything personally.

Excuse me, but with all the attack lane bullshit that has happened recently how could it not occur to me that PGI simply wanted to **** **** up again. Simply because it didnt even pass my mind that their algorithm is so ****** up it puts planets owned by the faction PGI even into the list of possible attack planets for other factions.

So sorry, that I didnt think about that before hand. But what do you clan people know about that anyway, you would get upset too if one of your last 8 remaining planets gets taken away from you and then seemingly given over to an enemy that you just recently fought back out of your territory.

#59 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:57 AM

Just like pgi too dont even have the balls too come in this thread and put there 2 cents in.

#60 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:00 AM

View PostMandrakerootes, on 01 March 2015 - 05:46 AM, said:

Excuse me, but with all the attack lane bullshit that has happened recently how could it not occur to me that PGI simply wanted to **** **** up again. Simply because it didnt even pass my mind that their algorithm is so ****** up it puts planets owned by the faction PGI even into the list of possible attack planets for other factions.

So sorry, that I didnt think about that before hand. But what do you clan people know about that anyway, you would get upset too if one of your last 8 remaining planets gets taken away from you and then seemingly given over to an enemy that you just recently fought back out of your territory.

You mean like when CSJ was down to three planets, and fought their way back out? Certainly no one else has ever experienced that sort of situation. You are the unique snowflake of MWO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users